Can someone please refer to me the available commands/scripts?

Hello,

I am back to playing UO, I can't believe I left such an amazing game. I also like the Enchanced Client and changes that came with it a lot!

I have a problem with Enchanced Client though, I see that we can make our more complex macros using commands. But, I cant find any documentation for available commands. In another thread I saw things like "
MobilesOnScreen.MobilesSort
mobileData.CurrentHealth
Actions.TargetAllowed
"
Etc.

How can see list of available functions, variables, etc? I would like to write couple of my own stuff to help with fighting and looting the pirates.

Thanks a lot in advance!!

Comments

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    You'll be surpised what you can learn by simply looking inside the EC folders. It doesn't hurt to experiment, just don't hit Save unless you have kept a copy of the original file(s).
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    Find on your PC something like this
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\UserInterface\Custom_UI_Documentation.zip"
    Unzip that folder for full documentation on how to customize your ui.
  • Thank you both. I found the files and reading through them.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,030
    edited September 2023
    shootgun,

The EC is pretty wide open. As such, there is not a limited number of pre-determined commands that would be compiled into a list somewhere. Rather, the number of commands you can create is near infinite.

Keep in mind that Actions>Command does not store data and each Actions>Command must be able to fully execute on its own to work correctly. In other words, you can use Actions>Command to write single lines of Lua code and execute those lines successively, all from within the game. This allows you to write macro's that set the game conditions, then act on those conditions. However, you cannot do something like run a "for" loop with Actions>Command, as each line is dependent on another line. At least, that is the way I understand things.

If you want to run a "for" loop, you will need to write it as a mod, which could then be executed through Actions>Command, if you'd like.

The amount you can do with the EC is near limitless, but you need the programming skill to do it.

--
    As an analogy, some games might provide you with a pad of paper (software) and a box of crayons (list of commands) to play around with.

The EC is more like, "Here is a forest, if you manage it well you can harvest the trees, develop a pulping and paper making operation, and create your own paper in whatever size and thickness you want. We've also helpfully provided you with the genetic code to develop your own bees to make wax, and plants to create dyes from, so that you can make crayons. You'll need to develop the manufacturing process as you see fit to do so. Go have fun!"

It can be a bit overwhelming.

--
    Having said all that, there are a couple threads floating around with some basic scripts:
    Example Macros – Ultima Online (uo.com)
    COMMAND scripts | Stratics Community Forums

For organizers specifically:
    [UO][EC] Actions>Commands: Agents: Executing Organizers - Ultima Online Forums

-Arroth
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    I wish we could get some of the good work done into the EC so unskilled users like myself could use
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,170
    @shootgun - There have been quite a few threads/posts about what can be altered in EC and how to do it by @Arroth_Thaiel.

I'd recommend checking out their posts under their profile because I'd say at least 50% of the posts are going to be dealing with some sort of EC tweak for a macro / UI update. I wish I liked the EC graphics more than CC because there are a ton of cool things you can setup in EC.

Another option would be to download Pinco's UI for EC. That's one of the most popular pre-fab UI for EC I believe. From what I understand he's pretty active too so if there are suggestions you could message him and he might add it for all users.