Any idea when anniversary rewards will be live?

From the most recent newsletter I see that the month of September is earmarked for anniversary rewards. I wanted to start this thread for when they go live someone can update me so I have a reason to log into the game. Also hoping that we get something that's usable / perishable so there is a reason to get more than just one.

Would love to see like a "magical charge powder" that's 1 time use and will restore 10 charges to magic items (teleport / bless / invis / etc). Or even a "Ancient Crafter's Repair Deed" that also be a 1 time use and would restore any item back to 255 durability (even imbued / antique / etc).

Small outside of the box ideas like this are what can get people interested in logging in for rewards rather than the same reskinned / rehued item they decide represents the year. Especially when the Devs have openly said they are not going to increase account/house storage to collect all of those type things.

Comments

• HolumerHolumer Posts: 172
    Bod boxes would be cool.
    The ability to access your beetles bag when mounted would be cool
  • MargeMarge Posts: 721
    Bod Boxes?
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,687
    usually we test them on TC before they go live.
    And they haven't put Pub 116 on TC yet

There were pictures in the last newsletter
    suggesting what they could be

we usually don't get them on production shards until after the 15th of the month.
    (24th anniversary gifts were available on the September 22, 2021) Pub 111

but surprisingly last year was an exception because
    (25th anniversary gifts were available on August 31, 2022 to Oct 15, 2022)
    think because they were busy with the 25th anniversary
    which makes me think that they will probably put this one out later too

all we can do is speculate
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    This the prototypical question the developers could easily respond to but won't 
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,177
    Well typically 26th anniversary gifts is art....so maybe we'll get some new art stuff.

• ... all we can do is speculate
    It's really what we do best here!
    Maith Ceol, Chesapeake
    Governor of Moonglow

Discord: txeggplant
    maithceol@gmail.com
  • Once NL is finished we get anniversary rewards.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,122Dev
    26th anniversary decorative collectibles will be available later this month.  Keep an eye on UO.com for updates. 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,170
    Not the answer I was hoping for but an answer none the least, thank you Kyronix. 
  • HippoHippo Posts: 280
    I hope there's a rare hue. I can't say it's a joy checking off-shard alt characters but it makes it worthwhile if there's a chance of a rare gift.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,407
    Maybe next Friday the 15th ? 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,257
    edited September 2023
    keven2002 said:
    Not the answer I was hoping for but an answer none the least, thank you Kyronix. 
    Ultima Online (UO) is a fantasy(MMORPG) released on September 24, 1997.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    keven2002 said:
    If this date had been observed in past this would be helpful 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,115
    edited September 2023
     >:) 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • keven2002 said:

Bah, specifics/details are never part of the answers.. when really, that's the only thing most of us want!
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,115
    CovenantX said:
    keven2002 said:

Bah, specifics/details are never part of the answers.. when really, that's the only thing most of us want!
    Exactly, vague answers fuel anticipation, a recipe that has worked for 26 years now.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Pawain said:
    CovenantX said:
    keven2002 said:

Exactly, vague answers fuel anticipation, a recipe that has worked for 26 years now.
      I guess... the game definitely feels like it's at a lower population now than it's been at basically any point in the past. 

-I'm 100% sure, that this is not the main cause of the low point, but it's not helping either way!

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,170
    edited September 2023
    keven2002 said:
    I was specifically talking about the fact that the gifts are going to be decoration, not the timing. As you know, last year they came out at the start of September so the 24th isn't always observed. 

For what it's worth, I also think it's kind of misleading to say "September" for something that isn't released until 5-6 days before the month ends. That means we really only get "content" for 3 months and a few days rather than 4 months.

It is what it is though, one of my accounts will no longer be subbed by the last week of Sept and since the gifts are strictly decoration there will be no need to resub for another month. 
    CovenantX said:

I guess... the game definitely feels like it's at a lower population now than it's been at basically any point in the past. 

-I'm 100% sure, that this is not the main cause of the low point, but it's not helping either way!

This is the first time in a very long that any of my subscriptions will lapse. We went more than a half of a year without any new content (even cookie cutter dynamic stuff) and zero communication from the Dev team for majority of that time; it doesn't seem worth my subscription fee. I've only logged in to UO maybe 2 times in the past 5 months, but also noticed less people around ATL so I really don't think I'll be missing out on much. Worst case scenario is I'll come back in 3 years if UO is still even around then and just participate in the same cookie cutter events to get rewards from the past events.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    Some posts have been removed. Rule 1 please, if you can't post respectfully close the browser and come back later.