What are we allowed to know for NL?

Are we allowed to be told how many players were chosen?
The broad strokes of whats being tested?
Such as:
Character building
Events
Monster combat 
Quest chains
Expected length of alpha

Anyone?

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,133
    edited August 2023
    50 were chosen for testing. If 50 do not sign the NDA, they will add more to reach 50. Then they may add a few more later.

That is all we know and will know unless someone breaks the NDA. UO has always been secretive and this is when they should be.

It is their game mechanics.  They want us to feel like we enter a new world and learn as we go.

They gave many hints in newsletters for events.
    Alpha will last as long as needed.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • KarynKaryn Posts: 55
    With the NDA in place and it being an alpha, you won't hear anything about what's being tested or what those systems look like. Once we get into the beta, I expect to hear more about specific systems unless the team decides to pivot and share their project roadmap and feature functionality goals. Given the lack of information shared regarding the roadmap and feature functionality to date, I would not expect that to change now. 
  • HolumerHolumer Posts: 172
    Both are making sense.

I do understand the need for secrecy and the desire for players to walk into a new and fresh world.

It would be nice to have the road map
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,180
    Pawain said:
    50 were chosen for testing. If 50 do not sign the NDA, they will add more to reach 50. Then they may add a few more later.

That is all we know and will know unless someone breaks the NDA. UO has always been secretive and this is when they should be.

It is their game mechanics.  They want us to feel like we enter a new world and learn as we go.

They gave many hints in newsletters for events.
    Alpha will last as long as needed.
    Sounding like a real Kamala Harris - lots of words with little, if any, substance. Allow me to paraphrase for you... "We know what we know and will know more when they tell us.". 

I'd agree with Karyn - likely we won't hear much of anything given that they've kept every detail close to the vest.

I'm not saying this is true but it would have been a pretty smart tactic to say they are doing Alpha and picked 50 people (who need to sign an NDA) without actually doing that. It shows progress without letting anyone really know if there has been progress because nobody can talk about it. Then they can take another X months more to work on it and whenever it's actually ready say there will be an Alpha 2 (which would actually be the first).... or super conspiracy theory, they just keep the cycle going for another 2 years without producing anything. Another few years of collecting paychecks giving the players 2 cookie cutter events a year with a bunch or smoke and mirrors on NL.  :D