Meet and Greet

Just wanted to say thank you for being there to communicate with us.
Much appreciated.

Comments

• Just wanted to say thank you for being there to communicate with us.
    Much appreciated.
    Agreed, Thank you.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• HolumerHolumer Posts: 172
    I was also grateful. 
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,122Dev
    Thanks for asking some great questions! :)
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    Thank you and I am sorry for some of those attitudes. I can understand being upset but what they think would come out of acting like that. I'd not communicate with them either. Enjoy the after meeting drinks!
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,405
    :)
  • Appreciate the communication. It really goes a long way!! I’m sure you’re busy but it helps ease the community. Btw, I missed the very end part about NLS emails. Did they go out or is that still to come?
    She is going through the emails tomorrow 
  • Skett said:
    She is going through the emails tomorrow 
    Thanks!
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,027
    Did someone make transcript 
  • Grimbeard said:
    Did someone make transcript 
    I'm sure @Larisa will have one later today. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• The number of people concerned with how their deco sits in their house rather than the actual state of the game was astounding.

Devs were happy to answer questions about decor and dismissed anything that actually sounded like it would be real work and effort. Even addressing 3rd party programs and multiboxing didn't seem to be on the agenda. 

Staggeringly poor effort from a multi-million dollar annual business. Some are clearly resting on their laurels!
  • The number of people concerned with how their deco sits in their house rather than the actual state of the game was astounding.

Devs were happy to answer questions about decor and dismissed anything that actually sounded like it would be real work and effort. Even addressing 3rd party programs and multiboxing didn't seem to be on the agenda. 

Staggeringly poor effort from a multi-million dollar annual business. Some are clearly resting on their laurels!
    lol I wonder which of the 2 recently banned posters you are?
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,210
    He's neither as I recognize the name from pvp long ago. 

A summary of the M&G was a lot of standard "we'll look into it" "it's on the list" along with some chit chat, a couple pompoms, some negative remarks towards the team and a couple flat out no and a lot of people that seemed starstruck by being in front of the devs. 

I didn't learn anything really except Kryonix promised you guys would be happy come Nov whatever that means and that NL will not have a new client. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,108
    So NL will be open in November.  :)
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • PwnySlaystationPwnySlaystation Posts: 9
    edited August 2023
    The number of people concerned with how their deco sits in their house rather than the actual state of the game was astounding.

lol I wonder which of the 2 recently banned posters you are?
    As above, neither.

I started playing in September of 1997. PvP'ed through the glory days of 24 hour faction sigil defenses, seen faction runics and the introduction of every expansion and by far the most lackluster development team from the very beginning have been the one that is currently in post when it comes to communication and balance/content updates.

I left 5 years ago bored of the state of the game. Came back 2 weeks ago to discover it is literally still exactly the same meta wise bar the now seemingly accepted 3rd party clients being acceptable, which I have less of a problem with as understand it is hard to police than I do the lack of balancing or content updates. Do these people literally turn up to work, sit on Facebook all day and answer to no one above them how they're keeping the PAYING customer satisfied? 

"Oh yeah once every 6 months we do a meet and greet and change some deco bits and off they all trot happy, we have to ignore the pvpers because well, we don't understand what they're talking about so lets just hope they deal with it".

As I said, picking up a paycheck, resting on the heartstrings of people who loved a game they never really will have the same attachment to.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,259
    Urge said:

A summary of the M&G was a lot of standard "we'll look into it" "it's on the list" along with some chit chat, a couple pompoms, some negative remarks towards the team and a couple flat out no and a lot of people that seemed starstruck by being in front of the devs. 

I didn't learn anything really except Kryonix promised you guys would be happy come Nov whatever that means and that NL will not have a new client. 
    Correct re the first part. :)

I'm not surprised by their answers, it's not easy in that situation. I felt I didn't communicate well myself under the pressure.

There were a couple of definitive answers, which actually, whilst they may not be what I want, I accept them. Otherwise, I was pointed to the forums :)

It was good to have a chance to talk tbh, and I always think they should keep these things going.
    edited August 2023
    Pawain said:
    So NL will be open in November.  :)

Urge said:

Mesanna said Kyronix would have something new for the huntmaster challenge in November
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,108
    Thanks
    Ok I do that also.  So, I would not think there is any chance NL will be out this year since they gave us a full roadmap.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,177
    I can't post the whole thing here because it's too long, and I did miss about 25 minutes of it because I had to pick my daughter up from work, hopefully those who were there can fill in the blanks!

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,352
    I like the idea of red leaves for cartography maps, I'd use them for my fisher who sails to a map - though I'd really also like a way to name the sealed map so I don't have to open every map in my bag to find the right one
    Cookie said:

I'm not surprised by their answers, it's not easy in that situation. I felt I didn't communicate well myself under the pressure.
    starstruck haha. 

I wish i would have asked the devs if they'd buy my gold and accounts back. 
    this is from transcript thank you @Larisa

ukili says: and some more hunters challenge rewards would also be nice

Kyronix says: You will be pleased come November!

Mesanna says: Kyronix has some added this year

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,027
    Seems like there was constructive discussion! Thanks to my favorite witch for asking for more communication 
  • TXEggplantTXEggplant Posts: 161
    The number of people concerned with how their deco sits in their house rather than the actual state of the game was astounding.

And it never ceases to amaze me that some people, like yourself, think that only your way of playing a game is the way it should be played. 
    Maith Ceol, Chesapeake
    Governor of Moonglow

Discord: txeggplant
    maithceol@gmail.com

And it never ceases to amaze me that some people, like yourself, think that only your way of playing a game is the way it should be played. 

Or you could try to have a little more compassion about what others like doing in the same game and pay the same price you pay to play it. Fel-PvP isn't the only thing that has been constantly neglected for 10+ years.

Crafting is the top of my list. Stealing hasn't been touched forever. I have enjoyed taming but have wanted new ridable pets forever. 

The audacity of some of you. Attitudes like this from fellow players and neglect from the devs on certain topics are the exact reason why there's so many idocs per day. 

What so the decor questions should get answered and I should get fobbed off when i've played the game since 1997 and paid my money like everyone else just because you don't like the content I care about? I didnt have a problem with the decor questions, I have a problem with the lack of a response to the GAMEPLAY and communication questions but all the pixle crack questions got full attention.

Think you need to wind your neck in. 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,169
    edited August 2023
    PwnySlaystation said:
    What so the decor questions should get answered and I should get fobbed off when i've played the game since 1997 and paid my money like everyone else just because you don't like the content I care about? I didnt have a problem with the decor questions, I have a problem with the lack of a response to the GAMEPLAY and communication questions but all the pixle crack questions got full attention.

These deco questions are the type of questions that usually control the M&G. Or like Urge said, the star struck people that so giddy to be standing in front of the Devs. 

I do think that it was good to hear that they are possibly trying to add filters on the jewelry box. 

I think it's unfortunate that we are going the rest of the year with the same old content we've had the last 3+ years. I really hope there are several viable new rewards to pick on the ToT event and even a few new things for Krampus. These would be bare minimum IMO. Simply "turning on" Krampus with no new rewards will make it even more empty than last year when they only added the candied staff. Even ATL, which previously had Krampus spawning throughout the day, had troubles with getting Krampus spawned last year.
    I feel like im the only one who asked a legit question  :D
  • MacroPlanetMacroPlanet Posts: 73
    edited August 2023
    It's hardly a win regarding the communication from the devs. The entire thing was horrendous and I can't believe they treat some of their paying subscribers the way that they do.

Just imagine the amount of backlash any other larger dev team like Blizzard would receive if they treated their player-base that way. 

I'm sorry, but it's just unacceptable. This team severely needs a community manager; relay everything to them and just let them speak to the community.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,169
    Yea - I also noticed that several questions/topics had an answer of "discuss it on the forums" which seems like a bad answer when the Dev team was recently very noticeably absent from the forums for several months without a single peep. Even with people tagging them and desperately asking for some sort of feedback there was nothing. At one point during the several month hiatus from any Dev team member, the only thing that was given was something about "a sweet diving picture. 

Also a reminder that Misk hasn't logged into the forums since Feb / Mesanna since March 2022 / Bleak July 21 (a month) / and I don't think Parallax even has a tag handle here. Kyronix is the only member that consistently logs in (kudos to him). 

It doesn't give me the feeling that things discussed on the forums go very far when majority of the Dev team hasn't or doesn't log on for months at a time.