Reward Suggestions for Upcoming Feudal Lands ToT

13

Comments

  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,002
    Pawain said:
    Grimbeard said:
    So far all we're getting is two arguments and an op bokuto 
    Bane potion and replace shard bound with account bound potion.  Plus more.

    I hope Kyronix can read better.
    It was sarcasm 
  • ShaneeShanee Posts: 12
    Seeing it's a tokuno themed event, it'd be cool to have something thematic, for example a talisman that transforms your look to a fan dancer, or perhaps a kimono version of general lethe / morphius, if not something entirely new. Maybe even Tabis of stealth / ninjitsu.

    Outside of the theme, like to see jewels that are useful for PvP/PvE. I think the only ring we've got is the Sterling Silver Ring and I've not seen much use for it. Something with FC/FCR/EP and an option of skill would be amazing but I'm guessing unlikely :)

    I'd also like to see some female armor that's on par with male one. We've had balron armor, maybe something that's optional being a skirt or leggings / chest vs female chest piece?
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,794
    A rechargeable talisman of ward removal protection with +5 SDI & +100 luck.
  • creampiecreampie Posts: 81
    dye color from the previous event wildfire, archlich and others. new halloween deco because it s occurinr during halloween
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,052
    They should not provide dyes from these events or it de-values our armor sets we collect. 

    But if the dyes only worked on human cloth items then that would be fine.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • creampiecreampie Posts: 81
    Pawain said:
    They should not provide dyes from these events or it de-values our armor sets we collect. 

    But if the dyes only worked on human cloth items then that would be fine.

    wtf you talking about the dye will not say treasure of blah blah blah on your items
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,002
    creampie said:
    Pawain said:
    They should not provide dyes from these events or it de-values our armor sets we collect. 

    But if the dyes only worked on human cloth items then that would be fine.

    wtf you talking about the dye will not say treasure of blah blah blah on your items
    Other people's "investments" should never be taken into account 
  • KazKaz Posts: 128
    I would love to see a 1 time use only dye for the lore books, hues for all past and future events. 
    So we can clearly see which lore book is from which event. 

    So far the deceit event was the only one with a lore book that has a unique colour. 
  • I would like to see luck items for sash and belt slot. Maybe together with 10% lrc or 5DCI

    And please give Gargoyles a litte more love. They still lack in good items from events.
    For example the earrings for human/elf are a addon part to the normal armor but the earrings for Gargoyles replaces a customized or legendary armor. 
    So if  an earing is a reward, for example with luck, it should have more luck than an earring for human/elf and usesfull stats beside resists. 
    Even some parts for gargoyles cannot be created with runics or the runics have less uses.

    Funny would be shoes/talons which gaves you riding speed when used on ice. On arctic island or while snow is lying on the ground.

    New Talons for Gargoyles should have Night Sight.

  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,052
    creampie said:
    Pawain said:
    They should not provide dyes from these events or it de-values our armor sets we collect. 

    But if the dyes only worked on human cloth items then that would be fine.

    wtf you talking about the dye will not say treasure of blah blah blah on your items
    You can see that an armor is from an event. With a dye they would look the same.  Looking at each  item?who does that...
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,052
    edited August 2023
    Grimbeard said:
    creampie said:
    Pawain said:
    They should not provide dyes from these events or it de-values our armor sets we collect. 

    But if the dyes only worked on human cloth items then that would be fine.

    wtf you talking about the dye will not say treasure of blah blah blah on your items
    Other people's "investments" should never be taken into account 
    You are in the wrong game. How many years to get a transfer token? Investments have always been part of UO.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Would be cool to see some new art for armor. Maybe have a blank transbogable helm with totally new art for both classic and enhanced. So long as it looks new both on the paperdoll and in the game window. 
  • HolumerHolumer Posts: 172
    Themed pet armor
  • CovenantX said:
    Teleport ring with 10 charges (replenishes charges 1/minute) 30s global cooldown on uses.-does not need to be equipped to use teleport charges.  

    -Global cooldown should affect all existing teleport charged items.

    Yep. I've been advocating for awhile for Charged Spell items to make a comeback. Items with Teleport, Invisibility, Magic Reflection, Bless, Greater Heal, Dispel, or even Gate Travel charges, that automatically recharge over time, or can be recharged manually via Runed Switches.

    Now that Macer/Paladins have brought back the use of Dexxer Shields, how about a good Dexxer Shield Artifact? The one my Macer/Paladin uses is no longer obtainable.

  • HippoHippo Posts: 276
    Kaz said:
    I would love to see a 1 time use only dye for the lore books, hues for all past and future events. 
    So we can clearly see which lore book is from which event. 

    So far the deceit event was the only one with a lore book that has a unique colour. 
    I love collecting the Pages & and agree with Kaz that varied dyes can be used on Books of Lore to make each one look unique from past tomes.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,679
    Treasures of Events usually have a 50% spellbook and a slayer spellbook.
    It would be nice if you bring those back. For the slayer can I suggest Reptile
    (Yamandon's slayer types are reptile or snake slayer)

    idea based on the picture from the newsletter 

    =========

    I agree the Book of Lore should have hues available for them.
     i suggest book of Lore covers (works just like BOD covers)
    available during Treasures of Events with the hues of armor drops
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,052
    edited August 2023
    Have random single slayer spellbooks for a reasonable price.  Make them 30 not 25.

    Players want to collect color sets.
    Players like @Arnold7 can get them.
    Would increase the length of time players spend in the event.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • HolumerHolumer Posts: 172
    Id like to see an item, or achievment that can increase your pet control from 5 to 6.
    That would allow riding a mount with 5 slots and even expand how many low slot pets you can have and really take advantage of yhings like pack.
  • Forgot to mention, a transmoggable version of the Ancient Samurai Helm. https://www.uoguide.com/Ancient_Samurai_Helm
    It's currently a unique graphic, with nothing else in the game that uses it. It used to be quite good back in the day, but is now outdated. Here's an Ancient Samurai Helm dyed Berserker Red.

  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,151
    @Kyronix - I'd suggest in addition to whatever rewards be added, that you make them affordable like the Spring event. The 200 drops for a 50 SDI spellbook is too high considering we just had the Draconi spellbook available for 40 "points". 

    I'd agree there should be balance so everything wouldn't be under 10 points but top end stuff shouldn't be more than 50-75 points per item, in my opinion.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,257
    edited August 2023
    Developing the concept of my PvP Spellbook.

    Reward;
    Spellbook;
    HCI 15%
    Hit Lightning 50%.
    Splinter 30%.
    Hit Lower Defence 50%.

    Title; Alea's glass spellbook of splintering.
    Or; Wraith's spellbook of Soul Destruction :)

    Design - a very cool glass-like translucent style spellbook - put your best artist on it :)

    Reward point drops. Make it seriously expensive and elite - 1,000 points is fine.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,121Dev
    ITT:

    "Nothing should be more than 75 points per item."

    "1,000 points is fine."

    :)

  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,257
    edited August 2023
    Kyronix said:
    ITT:

    "Nothing should be more than 75 points per item."

    "1,000 points is fine."

    :)

    He's a nice guy.

    I'm elitist. :)

    I'm also aware I may be asking for a lot, and am happy for you to make me work for it :)

    ps, thank you for responding *grins*

    I will genuinely try and think of more stuff also, a broader range.

    {In general, I think pvpers take the game, and the items side, more seriously than pvmers}.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited August 2023
    A very powerful Samurai Sword of Ozymandias

    2-handed - which can allow custom pick ANY 5 stats from the following list:

    Hit Mana Leech 100
    Hit Stamina Leech 100
    Hit Life Leech 100
    Hit Lower Defense 70
    Hit Lower Attack 70
    Hit Lightning 70
    Hit Fireball 70
    Slayer (lesser only)
    Splintering 30

    Specials can pick any 2.

    This one should cost alot of points.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,388
    God mode talismans for the PvPers :D
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,257
    Skett said:
    God mode talismans for the PvPers :D

    Like the one I saw Misk wearing last night :)

    Honestly, as top end Talismans - I think they have nailed it with Slither, Totem of the Tribe and Cameos. 

    Then baby cameo's from these events, for those who don't get Cameo drops is a nice way to play it.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,151
    edited August 2023
    Kyronix said:
    ITT:

    "Nothing should be more than 75 points per item."

    "1,000 points is fine."

    :)

    No need to make things 1000 point (or even 100 points) if the event only runs Oct/Nov. This will allow people to focus on the re-run of Krampus in December. I think that having the ToT event run the last 3ish months of the year last year hurt the Krampus event.

    The items should also be less points, even more so, if the Huntsman Challenge is going to have elite rewards as mentioned during the M&G. People who want to gain those in November would be splitting time. 
  • SynnSynn Posts: 17
    It would be great to get upgraded Tokuno artifacts from the past and make the existing Tokuno minor and major artifacts imbuable again.  Also a couple artifact ideas, not Feudal themed, but general property on specific slots. 

    Medal of Honor (Sash):  HP 5, LMC 5
    Boots of Strength (Feet):  Str 4, HPR 1
    Boots of Longevity (Feet): HP 5, HPR 1
    Witcher Scabbard (Back Slot):   Damage Inc 10, HCI 5, DCI 5, SSI 5,  Anatomy 5
    Talisman (non slayer cameo):  DI 20, HCI 10, DCI 10, SSI 5
    Necro Spellbook: Necro 20, Spirit Speak 20, Medi 20, LMC 8, Mana 8 - (may not fit the Feudal theme, but maybe something for Halloween or a future one)


    Seth said:
    A very powerful Samurai Sword of Ozymandias

    2-handed - which can allow custom pick ANY 5 stats from the following list:

    Hit Mana Leech 100
    Hit Stamina Leech 100
    Hit Life Leech 100
    Hit Lower Defense 70
    Hit Lower Attack 70
    Hit Lightning 70
    Hit Fireball 70
    Slayer (lesser only)
    Splintering 30

    Specials can pick any 2.

    This one should cost alot of points.
    I like this idea about the overcapped properties, but maybe go one step further something of a modified imbuing only during an event.  Something like a gathering type of quest for a Tokuno Legendary Weaponsmith.  The weaponsmith asks the player to gather/hunt specific ingredients for them to make you a legendary weapon.  The mini quests can be random (i.e. hunting quest, puzzle completion, taming x creature, resource gathering, etc.).  After completing the mini quest, one of the ingredients is awarded.   Once you finish X quests and gather X ingredients to make this weapon, the weaponsmith can build a weapon of your choosing.  This could be any weapon that is available in the game and from the overcapped properties above.  I would also add other unimbuable properties like Hit Fatigue, Hit Mana Drain, Bane, etc.   At least it keeps things engaging during the event and makes something to look forward to. 

    I'm not sure the suggestion is feasible for the next publish, but something maybe for the future to consider. 

  • CovfefeCovfefe Posts: 239
    edited August 2023
    Forgot to mention, a transmoggable version of the Ancient Samurai Helm. https://www.uoguide.com/Ancient_Samurai_Helm
    It's currently a unique graphic, with nothing else in the game that uses it. It used to be quite good back in the day, but is now outdated. Here's an Ancient Samurai Helm dyed Berserker Red.


    It's not Platemail Battle Kabuto or Decorative Platemail Kabuto?
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,002
    Synn said:
    It would be great to get upgraded Tokuno artifacts from the past and make the existing Tokuno minor and major artifacts imbuable again.  Also a couple artifact ideas, not Feudal themed, but general property on specific slots. 

    Medal of Honor (Sash):  HP 5, LMC 5
    Boots of Strength (Feet):  Str 4, HPR 1
    Boots of Longevity (Feet): HP 5, HPR 1
    Witcher Scabbard (Back Slot):   Damage Inc 10, HCI 5, DCI 5, SSI 5,  Anatomy 5
    Talisman (non slayer cameo):  DI 20, HCI 10, DCI 10, SSI 5
    Necro Spellbook: Necro 20, Spirit Speak 20, Medi 20, LMC 8, Mana 8 - (may not fit the Feudal theme, but maybe something for Halloween or a future one)


    Seth said:
    A very powerful Samurai Sword of Ozymandias

    2-handed - which can allow custom pick ANY 5 stats from the following list:

    Hit Mana Leech 100
    Hit Stamina Leech 100
    Hit Life Leech 100
    Hit Lower Defense 70
    Hit Lower Attack 70
    Hit Lightning 70
    Hit Fireball 70
    Slayer (lesser only)
    Splintering 30

    Specials can pick any 2.

    This one should cost alot of points.
    I like this idea about the overcapped properties, but maybe go one step further something of a modified imbuing only during an event.  Something like a gathering type of quest for a Tokuno Legendary Weaponsmith.  The weaponsmith asks the player to gather/hunt specific ingredients for them to make you a legendary weapon.  The mini quests can be random (i.e. hunting quest, puzzle completion, taming x creature, resource gathering, etc.).  After completing the mini quest, one of the ingredients is awarded.   Once you finish X quests and gather X ingredients to make this weapon, the weaponsmith can build a weapon of your choosing.  This could be any weapon that is available in the game and from the overcapped properties above.  I would also add other unimbuable properties like Hit Fatigue, Hit Mana Drain, Bane, etc.   At least it keeps things engaging during the event and makes something to look forward to. 

    I'm not sure the suggestion is feasible for the next publish, but something maybe for the future to consider. 

    Some updated flutes of renewal!! Specifically one with horselord stats but elemental and sea serpent..
Sign In or Register to comment.