New Legacy Alpha Sign-Ups Open Today!

https://uo.com/2023/08/14/ultima-online-new-legacy-alpha-sign-ups-open-today/

08/14/2023 Greetings, We are pleased to announce that beginning today, Monday, August 14th, 2023 at 12pm ET we will be opening the sign-up stone on Test Center 1 for Ultima Online: New Legacy alpha testers. Sign-ups will be open until Wednesday, August 16th at 12pm ET. Participants will be selected at random from the stone and will be contacted via e-mail in order to begin the on-boarding process. Sign-ups are only open to veteran accounts free of any CS violations. Participants will be required to sign an NDA (non-disclosure agreement) prior to beginning testing. Good luck! UO Team

You click the stone at Brit Commons and type in your email address.  I assume you should use the one associated with UO accounts.
Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.

Comments

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,405
    is per account or master accounts ?
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    Try all your accounts.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,177
    You have to sign up with an e-mail

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,405
    edited August 2023
    ya i ran all my accounts 2 different emails that are my master account emails
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,741
    I only ran one account of the five I have, if they pick me ok if not ok.
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • Is there any word on how long the alpha phase will last? 

Also —in alpha— is it the entire game we're testing or just certain features?

More information would help.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,027
    EJ accounts are not eligible? is not the point of NL to attract new players???
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,122Dev
    Is there any word on how long the alpha phase will last? 

All of this information is covered under NDA - so we won't be releasing testing details outside of the testing group.  We encourage you to sign up and see you in Britannia!
    Grimbeard said:
    @Kyronix ??
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,169
    edited August 2023
    Grimbeard said:
    Grimbeard said:
    @ Kyronix ??
    Part of the NDA as well.... First rule of NL (NDA) is you can't talk about NL at all  :D
    I guess people with multiple master accounts have an advantage.

I agree with EJ accounts not being eligible for the testing phase. Remember, this is just testing, new players don't need to do that, veteran's are the ones that know the game inside and out and will be more able to test NL to see how similar/different things are, make comparisons to what we have now vs. what NL will offer....how immersive it will be, difficulty of quests and gathering resources etc. 

I for one am very excited and hope to get picked to be one of the testers, just seeing those few screenshots from the newsletter got me even more excited!

• HolumerHolumer Posts: 172
    Do we know when the invites will be sent out?
    Nope, it will probably take some time because even though it's a lottery, whatever e-mail addresses they pull will then have to be checked to make sure there are no actions on those accounts.  This is my guess anyway so I would give it a few days to at least a week maybe?

Thank you for the feedback Larisa. I do have hopes for finding out by friday lol
    Holumer said:
    Thank you for the feedback Larisa. I do have hopes for finding out by friday lol

This team has a reputation of moving at a snails pace on most things so I doubt the decisions would be made by Friday. This is a wild guess but I think it might be a stall tactic (or getting their ducks in a row if you think the team is suddenly being proactive on this). I'm guessing NL still needs some finishing touches before regular players can start testing so making a "selection process" would easily give them another 2-3 weeks of time to "pick the testers" from the time the window closes.

I wouldn't be too surprised if people aren't selected until the last week of August and also wouldn't be surprised if they don't even announce that they have selected testers (they just grant people access and say nothing here). That would kind of fall in line with how things have done lately. This isn't meant to be an insult, just pointing out that the Dev team has been extremely tight lipped on anything NL for the past 3 years.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    Holumer said:
    UO will need to go through all the people that signed up and select the testers.  Not everybody that signed up will be selected.  How many people that signed up will determine how long the selection will take.
    Thank you all for the feedback! I have hope for communication from the devs and an efficient and speedy process
  • KarynKaryn Posts: 55
    edited August 2023
    keven2002 said:
    Holumer said:

This team has a reputation of moving at a snails pace on most things so I doubt the decisions would be made by Friday. This is a wild guess but I think it might be a stall tactic (or getting their ducks in a row if you think the team is suddenly being proactive on this). I'm guessing NL still needs some finishing touches before regular players can start testing so making a "selection process" would easily give them another 2-3 weeks of time to "pick the testers" from the time the window closes.

I wouldn't be too surprised if people aren't selected until the last week of August and also wouldn't be surprised if they don't even announce that they have selected testers (they just grant people access and say nothing here). That would kind of fall in line with how things have done lately. This isn't meant to be an insult, just pointing out that the Dev team has been extremely tight lipped on anything NL for the past 3 years.
    With it being an Alpha not a Beta I wouldn’t be surprised if there are some issues with playability that need fixed before opening it up. I do believe the sign up is a tactic to buy time but I also think it’s the right move. We’ve been hammering them over their missed deadlines so this shows at least some movement. Though the messaging could have been a lot better. 

Now if they don’t announce they’ve selected testers, that would be a huge missed opportunity. It’s a free contact point for the community. “Thank you everyone that applied to the Alpha, we have selected our testers and are looking forward to sharing more demos and information as we get closer to beta. We’ll be adding more testers as needed but will not be accepting more applications at this time.” Bam, easy status update credit. 
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,259
    edited August 2023

I think people need to get a dictionary, and re-define in their heads what hate speech is.

Or they need to re-calibrate their world viewpoints.

This is not hate speech. Please stop being dramatic, the problem is, over-hyped, over emotional people are using words like this all over the internet, and causing genuine problems.

Please stop.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 506Moderator
    I have removed some personal bickering from this thread. 
    Kyronix said:

All of this information is covered under NDA - so we won't be releasing testing details outside of the testing group.  We encourage you to sign up and see you in Britannia!

Just going to say good luck to you all. :)

I personally do not have time to be involved, but I'd love to see it, so I have not signed up.

I am also looking forward to a good event in October - the Feudal one, pls give good rewards, I need something to do. :)
    Cookie said:
    Kyronix said:

I personally do not have time to be involved, but I'd love to see it, so I have not signed up.

I am also looking forward to a good event in October - the Feudal one, pls give good rewards, I need something to do. :)
    What kind of rewards would you like?  Good rewards is subjective, feel free to start a thread and we’ll see what we can do :)
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,111
    Kyronix said:
    Cookie said:
    Kyronix said:

What kind of rewards would you like?  Good rewards is subjective, feel free to start a thread and we’ll see what we can do :)
    Gorget that matches the Balron Chest and Paladin  arms.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    Gorget that matches the Balron Chest and Paladin  arms.
    I started a thread for suggestions. I think those pieces are slightly different so you might want to provide actual properties to add. IE the balron chest is bone (3LMC) and the arms are plate (1LMC). Obv I think warriors would prefer studded/stone given their suits likely already have that material in their suits and don't want to lose that.
    Kyronix said:
    Cookie said:
    Kyronix said:

Thank you, I understand, I will get the team to work on "good" rewards :)

• "Veteran accounts" - Does that mean because I only returned 2 months ago I would be ineligible if mine was drawn?
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    If memory serves a veteran account is one on which at least one character has reached stat/skill cap.  I could be wrong.
    Veteran accounts are non-EJ accounts.
    Will testing be CC EC or both?
  • Thanks for the reply @Kyronix ;

When do you anticipate the first round of emails going out?