Newsletter 8/23

dvviddvvid Posts: 849
edited August 2023 in General Discussions

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,107

My take aways:

Our next TC1 M&G will be held on August 21st at 7pm ET in Castle Blackthorn 

Our next phase of testing will begin soon - if you are interested in participating visit TC1 Britain Commons to enter the raffle stone.

Is that the Dojo?  
    In an effort to stop scripting we will make the next dungeon event at the Dojo so the scripters will be hampered by 20 players there doing the same thing!

:D
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited August 2023
    FYI character copy is working to TC1.

The raffle stone is not there yet, But many are there waiting for it.  Amazing for a game that died 20 years and does a re death every month. :D
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,405
    ooOOOoooooOoOOooooOo
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,177
    I'm happy about the Valentine's Day clicky that is good through February 11, 2033....10 years from now...that's thinking ahead!

*waits patiently for the sign-up stone*

• Skett said:
    ooOOOoooooOoOOooooOo
    OooOO OoOo OOOooo
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Ooo ?
    Short window. Don't miss it.
  • usernameusername Posts: 710
    edited August 2023
    Oh yay another nontent TOT. I'm sure the players that use 3rd party clients that auto farm stuff and RMT will be thrilled, devaluing the stuff so much us regular players can't even sell the items to make a few GP.

Account bound rewards when?
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    edited August 2023
    username said:
    Oh yay another nontent TOT. I'm sure the players that use 3rd party clients that auto farm stuff and RMT will be thrilled, devaluing the stuff so much us regular players can't even sell the items to make a few GP.

I guess you do not remember UO pre Age of Shadows when every body wore GM made armor and weps.  What are you thinking that is going to be allowed for you to bring back from NL once a year to the prodo shards.  Talk about trying to tear *** down before you even know **** about it.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,027
    username said:
    username said:

I guess you do not remember UO pre Age of Shadows when every body wore GM made armor and weps.  What are you thinking that is going to be allowed for you to bring back from NL once a year to the prodo shards.  Talk about trying to tear shit down before you even know shit about it.
    You high or something? Wtf are you going on about? We've had plenty of ToTs to know what they're going to be like. I made zero comments on NL. Learn to read dumbass.
    This is Mesannas favorite thing toss a bone after months of neglect then watch us fight over petty stuff that might not happen 
    Now if they make all the tokuno monsters somehow undead that'd be fun
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 786
    I wish I could have bet money that username and McDougal would have 0 positive things to say and only complaints about a newsletter, upcoming events and beta signup for NL.
    LilyGrace said:
    I wish I could have bet money that username and McDougal would have 0 positive things to say and only complaints about a newsletter, upcoming events and beta signup for NL.
    So we continue to suggest that expecting communication and accountability from the developers makes us negative? 
    Grimbeard said:
    LilyGrace said:
    So we continue to suggest that expecting communication and accountability from the developers makes us negative? 
    When you keep doing it 30 seconds after they put out communication, YES.
  • I'm disappointed this is a short lived raffle stone. I used to get into these things because of a long dedicated history of alpha and beta testing Origin/EA products.
    Pawain said:
    Grimbeard said:
    LilyGrace said:
    When you keep doing it 30 seconds after they put out communication, YES.
    I gave honest truthful feedback 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
     :D 
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,210
    Per the newsletter, since it's now ok with Mesanna to purchase accounts, can we sell them here now? @Mariah
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    No, sorry. Still against ToS.
    I could be wrong, but my understanding is more along the lines of accepting it has happened and trying to make it safer for the recipient than actually approving of the sales.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Mariah said:
    I could be wrong, but my understanding is more along the lines of accepting it has happened and trying to make it safer for the recipient than actually approving of the sales.
    That’s such a copout.  You don’t get to take stolen merchandise into the police department to have them validate it’s your now.

They are publicly declaring that they will validate the new owner.  How could the transfer be against the ToS if they are transferring the ownership.  I mean, we do have a bit of history of people talking out both sides of their mouth, but this is a real stretch.
    Mariah said:
    Do we realize the insanity of this statement?  Are illegal clients going to be handled the same?  Dare i suggest some rapid response from the developers is needed  
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    I can only operate within the ToS of the forum, and rule 9 says 'no cash sales'.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,210
    Mariah said:
    I can only operate within the ToS of the forum, and rule 9 says 'no cash sales'.

I didn't mean to stir the pot. She made it look like it was legal now so thought i'd ask before i did it. 
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Mariah said:
    Based on the news letter it should probably be amended to “cash sales not supported”.
  • KarynKaryn Posts: 55
    LilyGrace said:
    Those two certainly go overboard, but even the average UO player is starting to get frustrated with the lack of communication. Do you believe this newsletter clarifies what is happening in UO after six months of silence? 

1) Recap of the BBQ
    2) Main topic of account transfer which hasn't even been brought up as a community topic
    3) Vauge update regarding NL with no further information or details of what NL is other than a seasonal version of UO. For six months of work, there was no new information on what to expect
    4) Actioned accounts for last month. I don't think this is anything but filler information, but if we provide it, where are the numbers for the entire last six months?

To be blunt, this was written by someone that viewed it as a chore to be done as quickly as possible and not a means of engaging.
    Karyn said:
    LilyGrace said:
    Those two certainly go overboard, but even the average UO player is starting to get frustrated with the lack of communication. Do you believe this newsletter clarifies what is happening in UO after six months of silence? 

1) Recap of the BBQ
    2) Main topic of account transfer which hasn't even been brought up as a community topic
    3) Vauge update regarding NL with no further information or details of what NL is other than a seasonal version of UO. For six months of work, there was no new information on what to expect
    4) Actioned accounts for last month. I don't think this is anything but filler information, but if we provide it, where are the numbers for the entire last six months?

To be blunt, this was written by someone that viewed it as a chore to be done as quickly as possible and not a means of engaging.
    It took years before i went overboard!
  • KarynKaryn Posts: 55
    Grimbeard said:
    It took years before i went overboard!

I completely get it because of my own incremental frustration with the lack of communication. 
  • StingardStingard Posts: 17
    At least we got a name for a fall event.  Treasures of the Feudal Lands.  No real information about it at all, but a name . . .