I think it's time for some sort of update from the Dev team...

13»

Comments

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    edited August 2023
    Pawain said:
    This is from the NEW Newsletter.
    I also want to address a situation where UO players who have quit are giving their accounts to active players. If the original OWNER of the account does not reach out to us with their account information, we are unable to transfer ownership to someone else. On this note, I'd like to emphasize that if you receive an account from a friend or purchase one, your first step should be to contact us to change the secret word. This ensures that the account remains secure in your hands. Additionally, please ask us to add a note to the account specifying that it was transferred from a particular individual. This will prevent any confusion down the line.

Weren't we told it was illegal to give away or sell your account to anyone?
    Many years ago they told us to email Mesanna to give away accounts. I received one from a player. She did it very quickly. 

The giving party initiate's the email and the receiver will get a verification email from Mesanna.

RMT for accounts, never were allowed officially.
    Yes many years ago they had a program to xfer accounts then they stopped it.  This is from EA (the people that owns all of our accounts)

Sell, buy, share, trade or otherwise transfer or offer to transfer your EA Account, any personal access to EA Services, or any EA Content associated with your EA Account, including EA Virtual Currency and other Entitlements, either within an EA Service or on a third-party website, or in connection with any out-of-game transaction, unless expressly authorized by EA.

This is from Broadsword 

12. PROHIBITION ON ACCOUNT, CURRENCY AND ITEM TRANSFERS

Your Broadsword account is non-transferable. You may not sell, loan, lend, lease, barter, exchange, pledge, or hypothecate your online currency or Broadsword User account for any item of value unless expressly permitted by Broadsword. Any attempted transfer of your account, whether for consideration or not, shall be null and void and shall cause your account to be terminated without compensation. Under no circumstances shall you allow or permit any other person or third party to use your account as a means to loan, lend, or lease your account usage. Your account is valid only for use by the person who registered it, without exception.

LOL I guess the boss lady changed the TOS

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,106
    edited August 2023
    Give to is not the same as any of these:  
    You may not sell, loan, lend, lease, barter, exchange, pledge, or hypothecate 

The original owner can not get the account back if you do it thru her. So it is a controlled transfer.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Pawain said:

The original owner can not get the account back if you do it thru her. So it is a controlled transfer.

she specifically mentions if you purchase an account.
    edited August 2023
    Pawain said:

Giving away permanently is not a purchase.

Some players want their legacy live on thru others. Mesanna has a heart.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,026
    Pawain said:
    Pawain said:

set down your pom poms and read
    Grimbeard said:
    Pawain said:
    Pawain said:

Here is a new reward. If you put your spellbook strap in this magical Hyru skin backpack it will work properly!

:D :D  
    @kyronix we need colors on the Hiryu Huntsmaster trophies please!
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,026
    Pawain said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Pawain said:
    Pawain said:

Here is a new reward. If you put your spellbook strap in this magical Hyru skin backpack it will work properly!

:D :D  
    i will try it then complain for a year !
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,405
    I hope we get pom poms and pies for the 26th anny gift !
  • 1pom.png 137.6K
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

:p
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,306
    Getting tired of seeing this discussion.  After 70 comments, maybe it’s time for an actual comment from a team member or maybe time to reveal where the comments can be found.  Not everyone knows where to look.  Pretty sure there have been some fairly recent comments but I don’t know where to look either.
  • It’s all so pitiful. 
    edited August 2023
    Pawain said:

I did not notice she said purchase in the Newsletter, I was just looking at Frodos rules.
    I skipped to the good stuff.

So if I can sell my account, can I sell my Alpha pass if I get one?   >:)
    Pawain said:

Your Broadsword account is non-transferable
    I guess you do not understand what non-transferable means as per normal.
    Pawain said:
    Pawain said:

I did not notice she said purchase in the Newsletter, I was just looking at Frodos rules.

Those are EAs and Broadswords rules you idiot.  This was in the newsletter receive an account from a friend or purchase one and I even bolded it in my copy but we all know you do not read stuff before you comment
  • Pawain said:
    Pawain said:

I'll trade you a couple of barely used memes and $3.50 for it.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

:D
    edited August 2023
    Pawain said:

Your Broadsword account is non-transferable
    I guess you do not understand what non-transferable means as per normal.
    I guess you better tell that to Mesanna , she is the one you email to do it and she is the one who emails the second party to verify that you want it.

Was announced a long time ago that that was how to change account owners.  I guess they forgot to update that. Or Mariah was supposed to update it.    :D

And now they need to update that accounts can be purchased.  So, that wipes out all of those rules!