I think it's time for some sort of update from the Dev team...

Comments

• UrgeUrge Posts: 1,210
    I know what you mean. Been thinking about it a lot this year, how all I'm really holding onto is a house. We—the players—are supporting this kind of treatment because we keep paying Broadsword no matter what happens. I'd much rather put the $13 a month towards a shard that actually cares about its player-base and even announced a large expansion coming this winter just recently.

It's truly a shame of what Broadsword has turned this game into. When Mythic took over the game awhile back I had so much hope for the future of this game. I really thought this year was going to be good for Official UO with the alpha of the New Legacy.

Who was I kidding?

I hate the thought of starting from scratch but in the end it'll be better than playing the Official Ultima Online, Slum Edition.

But they better be glad i'm not skilled in making Youtubes or i'd for sure make a parody with the spam of RMT Chuck Norris and Avatar, showcase the multibox/bot farmers doing painted caves, dojo, and undoubtly heartwood now. Maybe top it off with the amazing new 20 min timeout waiting for my tool to work again so i can do a 2nd attempt of placing a house followed by crickets of waiting on a gm to respond. 

hw2.png 236.3K
  • The journey in leveling is the best part of UO. That's kind of why I was once excited about New Legacy. 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,169
    edited August 2023
    Going on 3 business weeks without a single response from @Kyronix & team. Pretty sad state of affairs for the game when the Dev team seems to purposefully ignore their PAYING player base who really just want to know what is going on with our beloved game. 
  • Probably isn't going to do anything, but put this out on twitter. Just wanted to get the eyes of anyone. 

It is a very sad state of affairs. It's becoming very obvious the last couple of years how incompetent Broadsword is in handling this game.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,108
    Nice sentence structure, Garth will like that and the Avatar.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,027
    Probably isn't going to do anything, but put this out on twitter. Just wanted to get the eyes of anyone. 

It is a very sad state of affairs. It's becoming very obvious the last couple of years how incompetent Broadsword is in handling this game.
    Make sure you email a copy to Mesanna 
  • creampiecreampie Posts: 82
    Probably isn't going to do anything, but put this out on twitter. Just wanted to get the eyes of anyone. 

terrible read....when you say we....you should say i .

you just won the award for troll of the year congrats
    creampie said:

It's a well written piece that speaks for the majority of players 
  • WhitewolfWhitewolf Posts: 191
    EA is starting to shut down servers on older games, i cant see how UO is not on their list of games that will be getting the axe in the next year, you can tell the UO population is drastically decreasing just by logging onto atlantic during prime time, and the fact that a good part of the remaining UO population if very toxic, and the fact there has been no communication from the dev team at all is kinda of a clear sign that UO days are numbered, and those days are getting shorter, I sub 2 account myself but i refuse to cash for anything else related to UO, imagine paying 100 + cash for money, houses, rares what ever and next week UO gets shut down, ya no thanks.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    Whitewolf said:
    EA is starting to shut down servers on older games, i cant see how UO is not on their list of games that will be getting the axe in the next year, you can tell the UO population is drastically decreasing just by logging onto atlantic during prime time, and the fact that a good part of the remaining UO population if very toxic, and the fact there has been no communication from the dev team at all is kinda of a clear sign that UO days are numbered, and those days are getting shorter, I sub 2 account myself but i refuse to cash for anything else related to UO, imagine paying 100 + cash for money, houses, rares what ever and next week UO gets shut down, ya no thanks.
    EA is no longer running UO, DAoC or Star wars they turned it over to Broadsword and we are not on EA servers.
  • WhitewolfWhitewolf Posts: 191
    Whitewolf said:
    EA is no longer running UO, DAoC or Star wars they turned it over to Broadsword and we are not on EA servers.
    EA owns and provides the clients and servers for UO, they hired Broadsword to maintain and develop UO further. And so far Broadsword has been doin a stand up job at that.
    edited August 2023
    Whitewolf said:
    Whitewolf said:
    EA owns and provides the clients and servers for UO, they hired Broadsword to maintain and develop UO further. And so far Broadsword has been doin a stand up job at that.
    NO  The clients and servers are maintained by BS not EA.  EA still owns the copyrights to UO and DAoC and pays BS to do everything else.  Our servers are in the cloud now and I think they are owned by Google.  The clients are downloaded from UO.com and DAoC.com not EA.  If you are talking your account that is still through EA and paid to EA
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,169
    edited August 2023
    Whitewolf said:
    People have been saying UO is going to shut down for over a decade and up until this past year I never believed it. Unfortunately, I am starting to see several signs that it might be coming true in a not so distant future. 

I'm not sure what has happened this year but the Dev team has been almost completely absent. It's almost like they've made a conscious decision to send the game into a complete nose dive. This team has been around for years and had several good pieces of content, but over the past 8-9 months they've done a complete 180 and have acted like they've never done a project or had to interact with customers. Look at what we've seen / received over the past 9 months; 1 Newsletter / 1 dynamic event (that was 90% recycled) / 0 new rewards or items / 0 M&G?? / 0 updates on NL (what they are supposedly spending all their time on). People are begging for an update of some sort and yet they remain quiet. All it takes is a "sorry guys we hear you, but we are behind" and that would at least help keep some sort of illusion things aren't quite off the rails yet, but they haven't even done that.

At this point, it's hard for me not to say the end might be near. The only thing I see now is a money grab to squeeze whatever else they can get from the game before it goes under. Sad. 
  • keven2002 said:
    Whitewolf said:
    People have been saying UO is going to shut down for over a decade and up until this past year I never believed it. Unfortunately, I am starting to see several signs that it might be coming true in a not so distant future. 

I'm not sure what has happened this year but the Dev team has been almost completely absent. It's almost like they've made a conscious decision to send the game into a complete nose dive. This team has been around for years and had several good pieces of content, but over the past 8-9 months they've done a complete 180 and have acted like they've never done a project or had to interact with customers. Look at what we've seen / received over the past 9 months; 1 Newsletter / 1 dynamic event (that was 90% recycled) / 0 new rewards or items / 0 M&G?? / 0 updates on NL (what they are supposedly spending all their time on). People are begging for an update of some sort and yet they remain quiet. All it takes is a "sorry guys we hear you, but we are behind" and that would at least help keep some sort of illusion things aren't quite off the rails yet, but they haven't even done that.

At this point, it's hard for me not to say the end might be near. The only thing I see now is a money grab to squeeze whatever else they can get from the game before it goes under. Sad. 
    It is fair to say that something is going on considering the last 8 to 9 months Broadsword has taken a backseat approach to everything. 
  • creampie said:

No. No, I’m not trolling at all. 

I’m concerned about one of my favorite games of all time. And I am obviously not alone in that feeling as these forums are in turmoil. The Ultima Online sub-Reddit rarely talks about official UO; that’s 10,000 people! It’s mostly about free shards.

I don’t see anything wrong with the letter. We’ve emailed the developers, we’ve complained on the forums and we have endured enough silence in the game that we pay monthly for. So the next step is to do something just so we are heard. 
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    I’ve said this before on here but shortly after I returned to uo several years ago, they posted this timeline of events for the year. They made an image for it even. I believe it was high seas/pirating related. It was so great to see that image and even better that everything shown on that image came to fruition and was fun. This made me excited about the game for the whole year basically. 

Now, it’s that we are completely in the dark about what is going on and it doesn’t feel good. Even if they were like “surprise! NL is now released!” it would be like “ok cool but why did you disappear and let us all ruminate in negativity while we waited?”  

• I’m concerned about one of my favorite games of all time. And I am obviously not alone in that feeling as these forums are in turmoil. The Ultima Online sub-Reddit rarely talks about official UO; that’s 10,000 people! It’s mostly about free shards.

I don’t see anything wrong with the letter. We’ve emailed the developers, we’ve complained on the forums and we have endured enough silence in the game that we pay monthly for. So the next step is to do something just so we are heard. 

There is a reason no one talks about OSI on the UO subreddit. It is a cesspool of freeshard shills. Anytime official UO is mentioned, the thread gets filled with comments about "OSI is dead, come to X freeshard instead!", or nothing but posts about the "newest" and "best" freeshard that is being released, that will inevitably die in a month because no one played it, or it was corrupt or some other crap.

Remove all non OSI talk from the UltimaOnline subreddit and you may get actual discussion about retail UO back there. Force all the free shard stuff into their own subreddit, call it or UOFreeShard or something. A large issue with the community is that all these freeshards just blatantly steal the Ultima Online name for their product (even the "big" one that "everyone" plays on). It sows confusion when people search anything ultima online related.
  • NonelNonel Posts: 26
    No time to visit the forums when you've gone PT work from home
    edited August 2023
    EMail Rob Denton at Broadsword
    You could always make an account on Broadsword forum and see if they will help  https://www.darkageofcamelot.com/ and if you look at the top it says Broadsword (click) official forum

https://www.facebook.com/rob.denton.7165/friends  Here is Rob's FB
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,405
    Im only 7 hours from there office if someone wants to give me some cream pies id be willing to deliver them :D
     B) 
  • MacroPlanetMacroPlanet Posts: 73
    edited August 2023
    Jepeth said:
    I just hope they start communicating more often.
  • MacroPlanetMacroPlanet Posts: 73
    edited August 2023

I’m concerned about one of my favorite games of all time. And I am obviously not alone in that feeling as these forums are in turmoil. The Ultima Online sub-Reddit rarely talks about official UO; that’s 10,000 people! It’s mostly about free shards.

There is a reason no one talks about OSI on the UO subreddit. It is a cesspool of freeshard shills. Anytime official UO is mentioned, the thread gets filled with comments about "OSI is dead, come to X freeshard instead!", or nothing but posts about the "newest" and "best" freeshard that is being released, that will inevitably die in a month because no one played it, or it was corrupt or some other crap.

Remove all non OSI talk from the UltimaOnline subreddit and you may get actual discussion about retail UO back there. Force all the free shard stuff into their own subreddit, call it or UOFreeShard or something. A large issue with the community is that all these freeshards just blatantly steal the Ultima Online name for their product (even the "big" one that "everyone" plays on). It sows confusion when people search anything ultima online related.
    The reason there are so many free shards in this game is because the official shard doesn't offer what players want. Players have been given the gift of classic shards or experiences that are beyond that of what the official shards currently offer. 

There are several thousand people that would be willing to drop cash on a new experience in UO or an official classic experience. That's why New Legacy has been hyped up so much.
    Now the communication complaints wont start again until January.  I think that will be in @Mariah s dreams tonight.

But will they stop?  Only @Victim_Of_Siege can answer that question/

Thanks @Jepeth for the link.

Sneaky UO players will find everything before they are announced.
    This is from the NEW Newsletter.
    I also want to address a situation where UO players who have quit are giving their accounts to active players. If the original OWNER of the account does not reach out to us with their account information, we are unable to transfer ownership to someone else. On this note, I'd like to emphasize that if you receive an account from a friend or purchase one, your first step should be to contact us to change the secret word. This ensures that the account remains secure in your hands. Additionally, please ask us to add a note to the account specifying that it was transferred from a particular individual. This will prevent any confusion down the line.

Weren't we told it was illegal to give away or sell your account to anyone?
    the newsletter nice !! acknowledgment of being checked out for 5 months would help mend fences.. you know that whole accountability thing... 
  • Pawain said:
    Now the communication complaints wont start again until January.  I think that will be in @ Mariah s dreams tonight.

But will they stop?  Only @ Victim_Of_Siege can answer that question/

Thanks @ Jepeth for the link.

Sneaky UO players will find everything before they are announced.
    Like a car with no brakes.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

:D

Memorable words from a sage. 
    This is from the NEW Newsletter.
    I also want to address a situation where UO players who have quit are giving their accounts to active players. If the original OWNER of the account does not reach out to us with their account information, we are unable to transfer ownership to someone else. On this note, I'd like to emphasize that if you receive an account from a friend or purchase one, your first step should be to contact us to change the secret word. This ensures that the account remains secure in your hands. Additionally, please ask us to add a note to the account specifying that it was transferred from a particular individual. This will prevent any confusion down the line.

Weren't we told it was illegal to give away or sell your account to anyone?
    Many years ago they told us to email Mesanna to give away accounts. I received one from a player. She did it very quickly. 

The giving party initiate's the email and the receiver will get a verification email from Mesanna.

RMT for accounts, never were allowed officially.