Crafting and imbu

Whats the point of crafting armor and weapons, outside a specific slayer? 

The drops are so good now.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,112
    Show me all the extra studded or bone pieces you have with.

10 stamina and mana
    5 dex and Intel.
    10 lmc
    Good resists.

I'll take a few of your easy pickins, what shard?

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,310
    Don’t craft myself.  Make pretty good suits for myself from drops i find.  But have to admit players with crafted suits have better suits.  Last event in which luck played a big role saw one player that had crafted 190 luck onto all the armor the player was wearing.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    Luck armor is really the only crafted armor with any value 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,952
    edited August 2023
    Holumer said:

Drops so good where, from what hunts, if I may ask ?

Certainly not from Teasure Hunting....

Even the best Trove Treasure Maps on the best chest only very occasionally perhaps spawn 1 or maybe 2 decent item(s)....

Not sure where these "so good" drops get found....
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,352
    Yes, crafting and imbuing still have a valuable place. While you can build a good suit from drops, it takes time to do that. Most of my characters, when new, start off with a crafted suit, then the various parts are replaced slowly, over time, as better ones are found. Mostly from the recent 'treasures' events or from treasure maps. Maps dug, of course, while wearing a high luck suit, having several crafted parts to supplement event 'luck' pieces.

On the whole, the first thing a new, or returning, player looks for on a shard is a LRC suit. As a group, RAA on Europa have sold very many such.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    popps said:
    Holumer said:

Even the best Trove Treasure Maps on the best chest only very occasionally perhaps spawn 1 or maybe 2 decent item(s)....

Killing high level mobs. Surely you know this already. 
    edited August 2023
    popps said:
    Holumer said:

The roof,underwater boss,night terrors,chardy,scaly....
  • HolumerHolumer Posts: 172
    Grimbeard said it. Drops from those are great. Treasure hunts yield good drops also. Luck plays a big factor and so does doing this stuff in fel. 

I do see the benefits from crafting. Just with the high end drops that can regularly happen, it seems like it is less important. I think there should be a change so the crafter is important like it used to be. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,112
    Holumer said:
    Grimbeard said it. Drops from those are great. Treasure hunts yield good drops also. Luck plays a big factor and so does doing this stuff in fel. 

I do see the benefits from crafting. Just with the high end drops that can regularly happen, it seems like it is less important. I think there should be a change so the crafter is important like it used to be. 
    So no pics of the dex item drops.  They are not plentiful.  Mage stuff, plentiful.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    Holumer said:

So no pics of the dex item drops.  They are not plentiful.  Mage stuff, plentiful.
    I find it's 60/40 mage/dex
  • Grimbeard said:
    Pawain said:
    Holumer said:

I think it’s more 58.89/41.11
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Grimbeard said:
    Pawain said:
    Holumer said:

I think it’s more 58.89/41.11
    I will agree with your findings for cheese 
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,310
    Lots of really good leech weapons drop and lots of slayers.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,170
    edited August 2023
    Pawain said:
    Show me all the extra studded or bone pieces you have with.

10 stamina and mana
    5 dex and Intel.
    10 lmc
    Good resists.

I'll take a few of your easy pickins, what shard?

Let's see all of your pieces that have all 3 of those on them (8LMC or 8 Stam doesn't count). I've sold tons of mage gear (where studded/bone doesn't matter) with 25LRC 10LMC 5Int 10Mana 4MR (plus resists). All looted and it was to a point that I started giving it away at New Haven after UW.

Truth is that reforging something like that without wasted mods is probably just as hard and can get very expensive (2 max property reforges = 5 charges). Even if you do get all 3, you only get another 2 mods (bumping a single resist counts as 1 mod) and depending on their property weight compared to the 10/5/10 you might not even get to max those out. So you could potentially spend 10mil+ on crafting a piece before you even get to imbuing ingredients.

Crafting, imo, should be reserved for newbie suits (where you don't need a 10/5/10 piece) or a single piece that compliments your legendary suit. Outside of that, just pickup some loot from high end mobs and slowly replace piece in your suit with better pieces as you play.