Why do we bother

Asking for things when the Developers have obviously checked out (unless you're some silent emailing majority) yet we sit here arguing amongst ourselves Asking for changes that will never come 

Comments

• UrgeUrge Posts: 1,210
    Right lol. 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,254
     :( 
  • I just realized that it has been nearly 8 years since the release of Time of Legends. Just shows how little has been produced since 2010. 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited August 2023
    I think the immmediate threat is the lack of GM policing bots and cheaters running rampant.
    New expansion or content becomes 2nd priority.

This game is becoming like a free game, what are we paying sub for?

Should they assign citizen police among us for each shard, like myself - with full integrity, to be bestowed with power to block any account for further review, etc when we spot any cheaters.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    You make a mistake in believing that 'doesn't post' and 'doesn't log in' means 'doesn't read'.
  • MacroPlanetMacroPlanet Posts: 73
    edited August 2023
    Mariah said:
    You make a mistake in believing that 'doesn't post' and 'doesn't log in' means 'doesn't read'.
    But to me that just reads 'doesn't care'. They see the official forums in turmoil about the severe lack of communication and still nothing is ever said or mentioned to us. That's the issue.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,169
    edited August 2023
    Grimbeard said:
    Asking for things when the Developers have obviously checked out (unless you're some silent emailing majority) yet we sit here arguing amongst ourselves Asking for changes that will never come 
    Funny - I was thinking about this when I checked out the boards yesterday. Seems like 80%+ of the posts are regarding questions/complaints about the state of the game rather than the actual content of the game. Then I thought why this was and it was pretty simple. There hasn't been a meaningful update (ie something besides dynamic events or reskinning something) in 4-5 years (I think the TMap revamp / High Seas update was the last true "update"). Combine that with majority of posters here are long time vets (ie not many "newbie" questions) and there isn't much to discuss about content. Lastly, the Dev team has gone so hard into maintenance mode (for game content AND communication) this year that there isn't anything to discuss aside from "where is NL" and "where is the Dev team". It's pretty obvious to me that UO has become a sinking ship at this point... there will undoubtedly be some people that go down with the ship but I would not be the least bit surprised if the Dev team has already started heading towards the life rafts.

Mariah said:
    Given that Mesanna didn't know that Reapers hadn't casted spells in 10+ years...I think it's safe to assume she's not logging in outside of setting up and breaking down a faire once a year. Also given the number of bugs introduced (and words misspelled) and lack of bugs fixed, I think we can also conclude Misk hasn't logged in or read something UO related in years.
  • MacroPlanetMacroPlanet Posts: 73
    edited August 2023
    Back to your original question and post title, Grimbeard.

We care because we love this game. Obviously some of us have been here since the beginning; this game is just so unique, even in 2023's gaming industry.

So to see the lack of any real care from the dev team just upsets us. And because we're passionate about this game (come on, we're on a forum board talking about a 25 year old wizard game) it's absolutely validating for us to be upset. 

I dream of a team that can come in and take the place of the current dev team. Just anyone who's more dedicated to this community and this game.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    Back to your original question and post title, Grimbeard.

We care because we love this game. Obviously some of us have been here since the beginning; this game is just so unique, even in 2023's gaming industry.

So to see the lack of any real care from the dev team just upsets us. And because we're passionate about this game (come on, we're on a forum board talking about a 25 year old wizard game) it's absolutely validating for us to be upset. 

I dream of a team that can come in and take the place of the current dev team. Just anyone who's more dedicated to this community and this game.
    This hits it square on the head my characters are older than my children UO is intertwined in my life 
  • I dream of a team that can come in and take the place of the current dev team. Just anyone who's more dedicated to this community and this game.
    I feel like they should treat it like the plot to the movie Rock Star and just hand pick their replacements from this forum. A changing of the guards if you will. 
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    Mariah said:
    But to me that just reads 'doesn't care'. They see the official forums in turmoil about the severe lack of communication and still nothing is ever said or mentioned to us. That's the issue.
    Ding. Ding. Ding. We have a winner.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,254
    Seth said:
    TY for the links
    Did you look at the population of UO compared to DAoC?  According to that site we have 200K more subs than DAoC but we have the smallest dev team and a lot less Dev interaction.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    Seth said:
    TY for the links
    Did you look at the population of UO compared to DAoC?  According to that site we have 200K more subs than DAoC but we have the smallest dev team and a lot less Dev interaction.
    Daoc is rob dentons baby uo an after thought 
  • Seth said:
    TY for the links
    Not sure about this site. They also list SWG above UO (shut down), Crowfall (also shut down) as well as Pantheon (not even released yet).
  • NonelNonel Posts: 26
    It could account for emulated servers. Theres a few for SWG out there (and loads for UO, of course). Though I find it hard to believe that many people play either. Probably horse hockey.