Pet Bonding

YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
edited August 2023 in General Discussions
"Currently,
pet bonding timer is one real week regardless of if you have spent any time with pet.

I instead propose that you should have to spend some ingame time with the pet before it bonds, maybe some hours of combat or something
or maybe have to take your pet on some gay quest/s

Whats point in feed pet, put in stable for one week, feed again? how that bonding with pet?
pet should bond with stablemaster is what that should do...

there is no sense in achievement at all with current bonding, feed, stable week, feed"
Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,111
    We should be able to pay the stablemaster to melee  skill the pet while we have the pet in the stable.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    Good Gold Sink idea @Pawain
    Good Gold Sink idea @ Pawain
    Hmm what happened to the OP?
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    I like this idea. How are you bonding with your pet if it is just being cared for by someone else?  Maybe both ways work but spending time with the pet speeds it up in some way. 
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,027
    dvvid said:
    I like this idea. How are you bonding with your pet if it is just being cared for by someone else?  Maybe both ways work but spending time with the pet speeds it up in some way. 
    Pets are multi million gold investments and expecting players to risk them is insane 
  • Yoshi said:
     have to take your pet on some gay quest/s

What kind of quest is that?
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    dvvid said:
    Maybe if there were things that we could do with our pets without the possibility of losing them or even cut down the time need to bond like a quest or something.  I really like the idea of the stable master GMing our pets for a sum of gold.  I used pet bonding potion on two pups a 70/83 white and a 70/85 dark pink and started their training.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Grimbeard said:
    dvvid said:
    Pets are multi million gold investments and expecting players to risk them is insane 
    I said nothing about a risk. Just liked the idea of spending time with your pets to bond them. 
  • As long as there are store items to intantly bond Pets, I don't think there will be any change to the current process. I could be wrong of course, but don't suspect I am.

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Like Popps says. Time is precious, you lose a week. If you find a nice piece of armor, you don't have to wait a week to start using it.  We spend many hours with our pet before they are ready to use.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,027
    Pawain said:
    Like Popps says. Time is precious, you lose a week. If you find a nice piece of armor, you don't have to wait a week to start using it.  We spend many hours with our pet before they are ready to use.
    We could require attunement to legendary items. ...
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 904
    sounds logical, but I feel like it's completely unnecessary especially given how many other issues that should be much higher on the priority list for fixing/updating.

Grimbeard said:
    dvvid said:
       That pretty much only applies if you bought a pet that had already been trained up.

When I level my pets I don't add any PS' (cost gold/time) until the final level, but generally I have my pets bonded by then anyway.   I assume most tamers probably do it that way.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    I would rather see the price of pet bonding pots lowered to .99 ea or 5/4.99, or better yet add it to the clean up points items instead.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.