Shadowguard

Can we please have more time once finishing the Roof encounter. I leave behind so much gold because I'll concentrate on looting first. Then I'll start on the gold and get 100K or so and then get kicked out.

Like 10 minutes would be ideal.

Comments

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    GOOD SUGESTION
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    edited August 2023
    For most loot I would not advocate for this, but for an instanced encounter like shadow guard I would prefer to see a direct deposit of the gold into players bank boxes.  The amount could be divided equally for all members of the encounter.  Coding wise the functionality already exists, just treat it like a single overcapped charge on a bag of sending or like the gold from killing another player.

Players can loot the corpse and exit the encounter without the tedium of picking up 146 piles of gold.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited August 2023
    “You can pick up gold?
    what’s objective of this please?

its just deco
    you wouldn’t bother taking gold from a monster, so why waste a click picking it up from floor?”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • KazKaz Posts: 128
    Deco? Uh.  Gold is gold. 
    And theres typically a couple million dropped to the ground every time… I can totally see why people would pick this up.  
    edited August 2023
    “I guess this explain why some people say they can’t afford to buy this or that and complain about cost of 120 tactics scroll
    When people want to waste their playing time picking up gold from floor
    i just bought an axe for 1.1plat
    how many piles of gold that would take?

if they going to do anything in shadowguard please fix bug in orchard where pet eat apple that @misk confirmed and said was submitted and still it broken

Bored of watching a scripter do this room for me 100% with no participation required from any of the rest of the group

But even if gold dropped then at orchard when we all standing there doing sod all, still nobody in our group would pick up.

@Frodo prob pick up gold”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 904
    I don't remember the last time I picked up gold.

I wouldn't complain about a few more mins in SG to loot the corpse.  I could careless about the gold.  

-gold costs more to loot than it's worth, in comparison to the items value.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,177
    I always pick up the gold.

Step 1: Bring a Bag of Sending and an Empty backpack
    Step 2: Put ALL of the items in the backpack, sort later.
    Step 3: Loot gold, use bag of sending.

You won't get it all but you will get a lot of it.

edited August 2023
    “I wouldn’t complain also,
    would not negatively affect anyone
    if someone want to waste their time it’s up to them
    as I normally recall out (one of the corners allows you to do this)”
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,108
    Can only one group at a time do Shadowguard.  If so, then it's like peerless and they need a timer to allow the next group in.

So best thing to do is let the gold go to the bank of the participants.

I hope we do not have to pick up gold in NL. That is so 90s.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    Can only one group at a time do Shadowguard.  If so, 
    “No, multiple groups can go in at a time”
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,108
    OK. Then the timer should be longer. I hear many players say they do not have time to get the gold. 

I go for items first, then grab as much gold as I can.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,352
    A longer timer would be good for those who want to loot - but if there's a large group, they get it picked up in the time allowed already. Those people wouldn't want to hang around in there for the extra time after they finished. So if a longer timer was added, you would also need to be able to choose to leave before it expired. 
    edited August 2023
     So if a longer timer was added, you would also need to be able to choose to leave before it expired. 
    “Why people comment without reading thread posts in thread?
    if you want to leave, you can just recall/sacred journey from the corner
    also, can you not just single click on yourself and exit shadowguard? Or does that option disappear after boss dead?”
    I just love how UO lets a CHEATER tell every one how to play UO and brags about how much gold he has.  I bet he runs auto loot illegal programs.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,027
    Every sampire can summon a hoard minion
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,030
    @Grugot

Are you using CC or EC?
    -Arroth
  • GrugotGrugot Posts: 4
    EC. And I run scavenger. Even so, I leave almost a 3/4th of the goal laying on the ground before I'm booted.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,030
    Grugot said:
    EC. And I run scavenger. Even so, I leave almost a 3/4th of the goal laying on the ground before I'm booted.
    Are you trying to sort as you loot, only taking specific things, or are you using the loot all button? Like Larisa said, my impression was that if you did "loot all" then scavenged with a bag of sending, there was enough time to get all the loot and pick up most (if not all) of the gold before the timer.

Each person's setup and experience is different, so I was just wondering how you were approaching it.

Also, Kyronix was the lead designer when the encounter was built. It's possible he put in more gold than you're allowed to take!

(We are all talking about legal looting here. I think everyone knows the CC +Xtras can loot much faster than the EC's system.)
    -Arroth
    edited August 2023

also, can you not just single click on yourself and exit shadowguard? Or does that option disappear after boss dead?”

You can't. I just tested it and the single click on yourself and exit shadowguard does disappear after the encounter has been completed.
    I run a sampire and a bard. When the last boss is killed I do a loot all on my sampire from the gear on the dead boss. While that is happening I switch over to my bard and scavenge the gold. After I guess 4 or 5 bag of sendings done I switch back to the sampire, because he is usually overloaded by then and I can't loot anymore, and that is when i start sorting on what gear to take and leave behind.

I would say the sorting maybe takes a minute or less, but by the time I'm done, or in the middle of it. I'm booted.
  • KazKaz Posts: 128
    Literally no one cares how much gold the other person has….  Not everyone is wheeling and dealing rares, script farming fancy bokutos or jewels. 

If folks are just into doing dungeons or encounters like Shadowguard, peerless or whatever… who cares.  Its their game.  If they want to loot all the gold, go for it, I know I did when I first came back to the game.   

I personally hope we have to loot every little thing (including gold) in NL.  Just like the good old days everyone talks about.  

Dont yuck their yum.  
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,950
    Grimbeard said:
    I fail to understand what good would the summoning of a hoard minion do to a Sampire.... consider how weak they are and how easily they go down to most Monsters....
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    I"m pretty sure it's because they pick up gold popps...I'm surprised, or am I, at how much of this game you aren't aware of.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,027
    popps said:
    Grimbeard said:
    I fail to understand what good would the summoning of a hoard minion do to a Sampire.... consider how weak they are and how easily they go down to most Monsters....
    Yes they pick up gold..
     :D 
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,210
    popps said:

They vacuum gold (and a lot of other stuff that stacks) up to around 59k which you then quickly toss in your pack and use a BoS. 
  • MulderMulder Posts: 10
    Is it legal to beat MINAX?
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,169
    I don't think that's the design of the encounter but I'm sure someone has figured out how to kill her at this point.... I don't think it matters. What happens if you kill her, do the bosses stop spawning?
  • MulderMulder Posts: 10
    When we beat MINAX, the bosses on the rooftop boil twice.
    So you get double the number of AF draws.