1. Yes
      63.64%
    2. No
      36.36%

Comments

• I voted yes because I have bias
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited August 2023
    “Explain me really how his posts any more ridiculous than other players posts who think it’s okay to log out to stop pet dying?
    at least Saul is just joking
    their views on pet log out not even a joke, they actually do it

tell me, who is really the clown?”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • KarynKaryn Posts: 55
    edited August 2023
    It’s the quantity. He’s literally trolling every single thread. No one wants to engage in discussion because every single thread is hijacked by a small number of posters. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,111
    Banned by popular demand it seems.
     :D 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • What always seems to happen, on many different forums but especially on UO-related forums, is that trolls appear and do their thing. There is a reluctance to ban them on free speech grounds and because they have vociferous supporters. (Folks love them some trolls.) This emboldens them and the more bad acts they commit, and the more moderators struggle to keep up, the more he tries (too successfully in many cases) to turn the moderation into the problem, instead of the trolling.

Eventually though their presence drives or keeps away more people than it maintains. By the time the trolls get banned or leave, it's usually too late to recover fully. Especially on these forums which weren't that big to start with. 

(But if you're curious and you want to see a far larger example of a similar dynamic, look up an NPR story, on the show called "This American Life," on Twitter's lead content moderator, who eventually got both fired and labeled a pedophile by Elon Musk after Donald Trump's ban. Turns out the dude actually authored a doctoral dissertation on content moderation on the Internet so he's quite knowledgeable and a lot of interesting stuff gets discussed while he tells his story to Ira Glass of NPR.)

We'll see if it was too late this time, I guess.

We'll also see who replaces him as the alpha troll. Will it be a new name or will it be one of the beta level trolls stepping up? We shall see. All I can tell you for sure is that this will continue until the forums finally die like the old official UO forums did.
  • If they're a troll, then why do you keep feeding them?

Let the troll starve. Don't give them attention and they'll eventually go away.

Basic troll interaction.
  • If they're a troll, then why do you keep feeding them?

Let the troll starve. Don't give them attention and they'll eventually go away.

Basic troll interaction.

Doesn't work in real life because while we're "ignoring" them they're cluttering up boards, misinforming people, and driving others away.
    "they probably banned him because he don't use third party and is against third party programs,
    and forum mods etc are all about blocking development of broadsword client to the extent that it is literally unusable in fel now. Can't have people posting saying that they still use it"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,027
    Yoshi said:
    "they probably banned him because he don't use third party and is against third party programs,
    and forum mods etc are all about blocking development of broadsword client to the extent that it is literally unusable in fel now. Can't have people posting saying that they still use it"
    The better question is why they haven't banned you AGAIN 
    edited August 2023
    "yes, ban everyone who don't want to use cheats, is way to go

I promise i am using third party client, please don't ban me"
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 506Moderator
    Thank you for your feedback.
This discussion has been closed.