Account age progression

HolumerHolumer Posts: 172
edited August 2023 in General Discussions
Is there any talk about letting players buy account age? 
My oldest, current account is from 1999 and it would be cool if there was a way to buy a few years for the rewards and percs. Allowable to the maximum age of the account of course.

Id pay like 15 or 20 a year.  Anyone else?
  1. Hmmmm11 votes
    1. Would buy
      36.36%
    2. Depends on blackthorn
        0.00%
    3. Would not buy
      63.64%

Comments

• HolumerHolumer Posts: 172
    Added a poll
  • I wouldn't buy, it takes away from the people that have paid and played to earn the rewards and would ruin the value of anything they sell.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,306
    Current account age reward system discriminates against newer players while providing absolutely no incentive for them to continue to pay UO’s subscription fee.  Really think UO needs to take a serious look at this.  Find the current reward system to be one of the most aggravating aspects of the game.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    Holumer said:
    Is there any talk about letting players buy account age? 
    My oldest, current account is from 1999 and it would be cool if there was a way to buy a few years for the rewards and percs. Allowable to the maximum age of the account of course.

Id pay like 15 or 20 a year.  Anyone else?
    LOL  Try $120 per year like the rest of us paid.
  • RinerRiner Posts: 366
    I think it is a bad idea to allow people to buy time at any price as it devalues the time and unique reward of being a legacy account. If it was ever considered I would go past the $120 normal cost of those years and add an acceleration fee to each sped up year. 
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,026
    Remember these people are no more loyal they are blessed to have not had life interfere..
  • SaulGoodman1SaulGoodman1 Posts: 285
    edited August 2023
    I personally believe in my heart of hearts that cu skins where originally intended as a twenty fifth anniversary reward, but then someone made a decision to sell them to anyone. Leaving the twenty fifth anniversary rewards utter ****.
    Grimbeard said:
    Remember these people are no more loyal they are blessed to have not had life interfere..
    You can still pay your UO sub without playing.  One night out for dinner for four will pay for 1 year of UO.  Burger joints for two $35 WTF
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,026
    Again if you are blessed to afford it all these years give thanks 
  • Grimbeard said:
    Imagine what you could do with twenty five years.

I stopped uo for a week and my working at heights, working in confined spaces, white card, first aid cert, fire extinguisher cert, punched the back fence. 

edited August 2023
    Grimbeard said:
    Imagine what you could do with twenty five years.

I stopped uo for a week and my working at heights, working in confined spaces, white card, first aid cert, fire extinguisher cert, punched the back fence. 

You stopped playing but you never stopped paying
     $3000 per account over 25 years is still one of the cheapest forms of entertainment going.