IDOC barrel contents while dead

YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
edited July 2023 in Bugs
“Since dev playing with idocs

If you hit some barrels at IDOC
and you’re killed and you stay dead near the barrel/s when barrel is destroyed, and you get resurrected

i believe barrel contents remains in your backpack when you get ressed

expected result: to not receive barrel contents while dead

(please note, this is unverified as not my area of expertise, just in my knowledge base about game mechanic)”
Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    @Pawain you apparently do idocs, why you not complained about this already?”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,107
    edited July 2023
    Yoshi said:
    “ @ Pawain you apparently do idocs, why you not complained about this already?”
    Why would I care about something so insignificant?  You hit the barrel while alive didn't you?  Why would you not get what you earned?

I just do IDOCs when someone sends a gate, but I realize a lot of players do them for fun and they look every day at  the Trade guy for announcements.

You like to troll others for fun, some like to play UO for fun.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    “Alternative expected result: for barrel contents to drop on corpse (same as power scrolls do)”
    Learn game mechanics and kill them after they break the barrel instead of trying to modify the game to fit your strategy?
    edited July 2023
    “so what people going to do if people hit barrel a few times
    Then kill themselves with trapped box?

Also, why you’re assuming I am only person killing people? I rarely go to idocs. Lots of people killing each other. Sometimes like 10 different guilds at big fel idocs. I am reporting bug, nothing for personal gain

@Mariah you’re sure they removed the policy to only fix trammel related issues?
    given that they just played with trammel idocs 2 times this week, (possibly fruitlessly) we can expect this to be fixed in next 48 hours too? I have seen no evidence of them retracting their trammel only bug fix policy. 

(This only affect fel idoc as people don’t die in tram idoc)

It effectively makes all idoc contents one time blessed which I’m sure is not intended,

also not sure but maybe even cursed items (powerscrolls, SoTs, masteries etc) effectively one time blessed like this too

(Disclaimer - untested)”

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    @Yoshi there never was such a policy except in your head. Please stop alleging policy decisions that have no basis in truth.  All you can truthfully say is bugs you consider important have not been addressed in the time frame you believe they should have been.

IF what you claim is true regarding death at IDOCs, then I would agree it is probably a bug, but you aren't even sure. Please confirm your allegation.
    edited July 2023
    " Sigh,
    guess i'm idocing tonight yey :( 

and Russian guy pulled our IDOC bot a few months back..."
    edited July 2023
    The barrel contents go to you when it breaks. If you hit it a few times and die before it breaks, those items are put in your body when you res.

But you get less items unless you are really good at spit second deaths.

There is another encounter that works the same way. I can not recall it.

I find it easier to take items from the containers the Reds use to split the items. They grab so much they are too heavy to move so they drop stuff in containers.

I like this Necromonger way. You keep what you kill. I killed the barrel, I keep it 
    edited July 2023
    “Yeah I’m sure all the best fel encounters require you to kill yourself to ensure you keep the uninsured loot????

this guy literally will say ANYTHING is working as intended, I literally can’t even think of any bug I could possibly find that he would not say working as intended to”
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,026
    Pawain said:
    The barrel contents go to you when it breaks. If you hit it a few times and die before it breaks, those items are put in your body when you res.

But you get less items unless you are really good at spit second deaths.

There is another encounter that works the same way. I can not recall it.

I find it easier to take items from the containers the Reds use to split the items. They grab so much they are too heavy to move so they drop stuff in containers.

I like this Necromonger way. You keep what you kill. I killed the barrel, I keep it 
    Apply this to PS !!!
    edited July 2023
    “When champ killed,
    i loot many time Powerscroll/mastery and even LT sash from people’s body, I even open up corpse as champ dies and watch them appear

is 100% correct way to do it

only the prey would be happy with this current barrel exploit

loser gets reward”
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,026
    Yoshi said:
    “When champ killed,
    i loot many time Powerscroll/mastery and even LT sash from people’s body, I even open up corpse as champ dies and watch them appear

is 100% correct way to do it

only the prey would be happy with this current barrel exploit

loser gets reward”
    So you are angry about losing victim?? Do you want to fight sheep? 
    "why you think i am angry about anything?
    I already told you i don't do idocs

why everyone thinks i am reporting a bug for my own personal benefit every bug i report?
    "
    Yoshi said:
    "why you think i am angry about anything?
    I already told you i don't do idocs

why everyone thinks i am reporting a bug for my own personal benefit every bug i report?
    "
    No clue why we think that....
    To prove these things are features and not bugs.  Anything that makes it into NL is a game mechanic they chose to keep.

:D  :D  
    edited July 2023
    “If I confirm this bug

House placement script affected only high value IDOC plots in trammel

but this would affect ALL size IDOC housing and ALL shards (in fel) so presumably if Mariah correct about priorities, this would be fixed immediately as affects more plots, and not placed in trash because it’s fel only issue.
    Mariah i suspect they not inviting you to some of the meetings”
    edited July 2023
    Yoshi said:
    “If I confirm this bug

House placement script affected only high value IDOC plots in trammel

but this would affect ALL size IDOC housing and ALL shards (in fel) so presumably if Mariah correct about priorities, this would be fixed immediately as affects more plots, and not placed in trash because it’s fel only issue.
    Mariah i suspect they not inviting you to some of the meetings”
    They made it work this way.  You are the only one that thinks its a bug.  As you know, they don't fix correct game mechanics.  They laugh every time someone kills themselves for a windchime and a corn cob.
    edited July 2023
    “You can’t loot monster when you’re dead and it don’t bless the items when they fall in your backpack when you’re alive.

Only abusers of exploit try to maintain its working as intended.

lol Pawain even your working as intended partner in crime Mariah who blames everything on user error knows it’s bug”
    edited July 2023
    "also, just as a general point
    I don't think it's good for a game to promote suicide as the best solution to any problem
    especially among a majority male demographic"
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 904
    edited August 2023
    It's definitely true, receiving items while dead as long as you earned 'looting rights' on the barrel.

most content that drops 'direct to pack' rewards works the same way as long as the player has looting rights, or reward eligibility... Powerscrolls though, appear on the corpse of the player if they're still in the area as a ghost, which seems to work as intended.    

-I assume that anything not 'cursed' appearing in your pack while dead is a bug as well.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    edited August 2023
    “Rewards from champ EG LT sash go on corpse too not temp blessed

Until very recently, you could farm covetous drops (Hephaestus etc) while dead, the drops would be in your bag when ressed but they fixed that recently in unpublished change

If it’s not insured or blessed, should not be one time blessed in your bag
    You can literally safeguard a whole backpack full of stuff using this suicide exploit

Why loser gets all the rewards?

kill yourself to get blessed loot
    then log out to stop your wildfire ostard dying after it’s spent the whole time lethal poisoning every single other person and mount on screen

*slow clap*
    great game
    sounds fair

no wonder removed love this game, made for him”

edited August 2023
    "pictured, 3 dead people around one barrel abusing exploit to secure loot
    (unable to post whole vid as is fel and can't currently use broadsword client in fel)"

edited August 2023
    Yoshi said:

kill yourself to get blessed loot
    then log out to stop your wildfire ostard dying after it’s spent the whole time lethal poisoning every single other person and mount on screen

*slow clap*
    great game
    sounds fair

no wonder removed love this game, made for him”

“Why mod remove the player I named? He won’t deny this action he does. He think it’s feature and he argue that this is how dev want everyone to play the game
    and if you try to explain otherwise he get thread closed, and forum mod will close thread as agrees with him this is correct way to play game”
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    Yoshi said:
    “Why mod remove the player I named?

Why drag someone into a thread he has taken no part in just to insult him?  Try reading the ToS.
    If you don't want the thread closed, don't troll in your own thread. Stick to the relevant information of the bug report.
    edited August 2023
    "how is it insulting them?
    when they argue its correct way to play/win
    the fact that you saying its an insult means you know its not correct way to play"