test center 2

2»

Comments

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,405
    We want less complexity and grinds but on our normal shards 

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,107
    Skett said:

Then if the things on NL are popular, maybe they can bring those mechanics over.  

You can keep trying to hatch your eggs while we play there.  :D
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Yeah like everything that gets created on this planet needs someone to ask for it to be made first. 
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 904
    Pawain said:
    Skett said:
    Then if the things on NL are popular, maybe they can bring those mechanics over. 
       Isn't that what TC1 is for?    If the first one doesn't cut it, do you think making a 2nd one would make a difference?

o:)

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 644
    Not being able to log in is such a tease. :p
  • SaulGoodman1SaulGoodman1 Posts: 285
    oh cool a three year teaser for something nobody wanted. 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    Grimbeard said:
    Pawain said:
    Yup, classic experience with less hoops, less grinds, less calculations and no spreadsheets needed.

I'm ready to log in!
    So exactly what no one asked for! Go team 
    And what is it you think everybody asked for.  Pre AoS was #1 and a lot asked for pre pub 16
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    edited July 2023
    @Grimbeard and @SaulGoodman1 / @Saul_Goodman must be room mates.  Everybody asked for a Classic Shard but no two people could agree on what that was so the people than own UO decided to do what they thought a Classic Shard was and if you do not like it then do not play it.
    edited July 2023
    @ Grimbeard and @ SaulGoodman1 / @ Saul_Goodman must be room mates.  Everybody asked for a Classic Shard but no two people could agree on what that was so the people than own UO decided to do what they thought a Classic Shard was and if you do not like it then do not play it.
    If they don't play it, they can't complain about it.
    So they will play it.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,030
    edited July 2023
    Not being able to log in is such a tease. :p
    ... or a separate test client ... 
    As Ron hinted at, probably in closed testing with select individuals.

The rest of us can see the shard, but without the correct client, can't log in.

Good way to show they are working on NL, and create interest, without actually saying anything. A teaser, if you will. (Not all communication has to be verbal!)

(I would suspect the correct client will have a much different character creation process. I.E. no Elf/Garg, totally different skill list, if there are skills, etc.)
    -Arroth
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,177
    Ugh no fair, I wanna be a tester!!!

If that's what it is!

I can't wait for NL, I'm super excited about it, can't wait to forge my legacy!

They should let Popps test.  It's temporary and supposed to progress easily. So he would provide many novels in that regard.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,027
     an unannounced secretly selected closed alpha testing seems par for the course 
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,030
    Grimbeard said:
    Yes, it does.

There was a closed alpha for Kingdom Reborn in 2006 or 2007. 
    There was a closed alpha for Stygian Abyss in 2008 or 2009.
    There was a closed alpha for High Seas.
    There was a closed alpha (and forum) for Time of Legends.

Also,

There was a closed alpha for Diablo IV.
    There was a closed alpha for Starfield.
    There was a closed alpha for Cyber Knights.

You name a game and it has probably had a closed alpha for a select group of testers.

Sometimes developers even call the first closed alphas "friends and family testing".
    -Arroth
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,027
    Grimbeard said:
    Yes, it does.

There was a closed alpha for Kingdom Reborn in 2006 or 2007. 
    There was a closed alpha for Stygian Abyss in 2008 or 2009.
    There was a closed alpha for High Seas.
    There was a closed alpha (and forum) for Time of Legends.

Also,

There was a closed alpha for Diablo IV.
    There was a closed alpha for Starfield.
    There was a closed alpha for Cyber Knights.

You name a game and it has probably had a closed alpha for a select group of testers.

Sometimes developers even call the first closed alphas "friends and family testing".
    Silly me i assumed that phase had happened in the two years prior..
  • SaulGoodman1SaulGoodman1 Posts: 285
    @ Grimbeard and @ SaulGoodman1 / @ Saul_Goodman must be room mates.  Everybody asked for a Classic Shard but no two people could agree on what that was so the people than own UO decided to do what they thought a Classic Shard was and if you do not like it then do not play it.
    I dont have a mouse, and just watched the netflix doco about WHAM that is close enough to a classic shard for me.

George Micheal - Careless Whispers