Culverin Requirements

Hello!

I spent the last weekend working on getting my crafter up to level to make Culverins. The wiki and the Smith's Hammer say it is level 65 Blacksmithy and Carpentry. You then need 900 ingots, 50 boards and the High Seas add-on. 
So of course I gathered all ingredients and excitedly went to make one, expecting maybe 30 - 40% chance of success, but saw I have exactly 0% success rate at the "required level". 
Is there something I'm missing? Is there an actual level needed that isn't the required level stated? I do have High Seas, I bought it many months ago so I could use the Tokuno Ship for the fishing buff.
Someone on my shard mentioned maybe needing a recipe, but they weren't sure and I can't find any info on that anyway.
I have my level 65 Blacksmithy and Carpentry character with 900 ingots and 50 boards next to an anvil and the Smith's Hammer says 0% success rate. 

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    edited July 2023
    You need 65 Blacksmity and 65 Carpentry to have any chance of making one. If it says your current chance is 0%, then you don't have those skills.I just checked and with 120 smith/100 carp I have a 100% chance of success...with smithing only, I have 0%. You're missing one or both or you don't have real skill ? Are you wearing jewelry ?
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • I'm not wearing any jewellery or skill enhancing item, I just have 65 carpentry and Blacksmithy. I've re-read my skills list and triple check multiple times, I definitely have the skills and I was at least expecting maybe a 30% chance, but not 0% when I have what is listed as required haha
    I did think maybe it just didn't update yet online that I had the skills, so I gave it a day and it still says 0% >< 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    I just checked this out on test center, 65.0 skill is the minimum requirement to attempt the item, below that it won't even let you try. At 65.1 skill in both blacksmith and carpentry you have a 0.2% chance of success.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,115
    What shard?  Go with someone killing pirates and get then from a pirate ships hold. 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Okay, thank you @Mariah. I know crafting in this game is difficult but I had hoped this being newer content might be a little different haha 

I'm playing on Oceania, a fairly empty server, but I chose this shard for the nostalgia of playing on this one many years ago and also so the ping doesn't melt my tin can internet. I've already bought up the total of 3 Culverins available on the entire shard, but none of the other High Seas gear is available either, so I just wanted to be able to make my own and then also be that person who can provide it for others. I'll keep working on it, thank you all :) 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,115
    edited July 2023
    You can put one at each spot on one side.

Say :  Fire port broadside 
    Or : Fire Starboard broadside 

That will fire all three  at once. Reload and repeat.

Loot the pirate ship hold  and take the cannon supplies and maybe a new cannon.  You will be full of supplies pretty quick and never have to make more items for that.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • @Pawain Hmmm very true, I hadn't considered putting all the cannons to one side of a ship... I'll give this a go as soon as I can make all the other things I need to make them work, thanks! Admittedly, I didn't realise that the cannons were a possible loot from fighting pirates until you mentioned it earlier, so hopefully I'll be able to get out sooner than later :)