Change to house placement

13»

Comments

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,027
    Skett said:
    I just tried on Pac and first attempt was a go then 2nd 3rd 4th etc for at least 50sec then tool timed out so its working as intended with the new up date

not sure what the up date is trying to stop but when Im trying to place using the cc client I need several attempts so this change is a really messed up change that punishes once again the honest players .
    Maybe the "many" who asked for it use something other than CC
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,843
    Okay, so after attempting to place on regular shards, there's a 50 second timer?
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,405
    my test was over 50 seconds i gave up trying because tool timed out
    not sure if its a random timer from 1 second to 1000 seconds ?
    Again I'll point out the folks running these scripts not using CC
  • KingKing Posts: 34
    Please @Mesanna , either stop idoc/ placement all together or address this BS. Scripters don't need to use the tool more than 1 time. So how about when you double click the tool and choose a house, after 10 secs ghost house disappear forcing them to click tool again, that timer will work. Because when they have the ghost up, they just need the trigger to place the already chosen house. They don't time out using 3rd clients, they can also read the packet in the area with high end scripts that will trigger the placement the moment area is open. Or like others said using ethereal Mountain trigger. That guy svoxxxx os playing all of them for the past 3 or 4 month , I mean 100% of them
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    I just have to say, this is one more (in a long line of) example of our Dev team being completely and utterly out of touch with the game.

The “fix” does nothing to address the issues associated with the cheating that goes on relative to house placement in competitive locations… NOTHING!

All it does is add another layer of hassle to honest players trying to place or resize their house.

Without dismissing all the work our team does (which is sometimes not obvious), I really do think the game would benefit from someone with more advanced critical thinking and problem solving skills.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited July 2023
    "well,
    if we in felucca gotta use 3rd party program because no nerve strike debuff etc

maybe they just making it even so that

you gotta use 3rd party program to place house in trammel too

sounds fair"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Enhanced Client house placement ftw..
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "yeah i'm sure someone can write a script for it in EC"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    I just checked, nothing really changed, only that now u have to wait couple more secs to use the tool, but the scripters dont use the tool, so this was a waste of their time.

@ Yoshi   raffle, just like they did with old new mag, you will receive a scroll to place the area, if you are the winner.

or like they did before, with a stone in the area, 1 entry per PAID account
    that will resolve the problem

Agreed, an automated raffle system would solve the problem. The IDOC should have a raffle stone during the 7 days. After the 7 days, the system will assign a winner for the plot. The new owner can choose to change the house type, whatever.

1 vote per paid account.

Currently, they already manually raffle off the Abyss houses. This automated system should work on regular house. Its simple and no need to think about scripters.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    ^^^^^  @Mesanna @Kyronix    @Mariah   ^^^^^      please show this Idea to the Dev's.

• So what's this change actually do? I couldn't quite discern it from this thread and I definitely couldn't discern it from the original post itself.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,843
    So what's this change actually do? I couldn't quite discern it from this thread and I definitely couldn't discern it from the original post itself.
    after your first placement attempt, you cannot attempt it for at least a minute. It brings up the house but you cannot actually place it. it just disappears on attempt with no failure method. after the minute is up you get another one attempt. this happens until you place it or give up.

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

You just get a true message over and over 
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,210
    So what's this change actually do? I couldn't quite discern it from this thread and I definitely couldn't discern it from the original post itself.

If you try to place and hit invalid terrain you're on a very random cooldown timer. If you put a ghost plot down and see you can go bigger before you confirm and cancel that plot to make bigger, you're on the random cooldown timer. 

It wouldn't be so bad if they had used like words and stuff to make it clear it's on a cooldown. But they didn't so we have a problem. You just can't drop the ghost plot down again until the cooldown is finished. Trying during the cooldown also counts towards wearing your tool out cooldown which is bogus and adds 15-20 more minutes. 

My problem is that it does nothing but inconvenience regular people. It doesn't stop the first try attempt. It stops people that haven't played for 10-20 years and have no idea how to really place a house. 
    It doesn't stop the first try attempt.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  @Mesanna

scripters dont need multiple attempt. They leave the ghost on cursor, ready for the script trigger and place the desired plot.

• Make the ghost house disappear after 10-15 secs, than everybody will be hit with new cool down.
    • address the ethereal mount trigger
    • address the 3rd part software reading packets, that allow them to know when exactly to place.
    • raffle tickets?
    • screw it all, delete all idocs from game.