Hey Bonnie, are you going to stick with UO or are you taking a promotion?

So, it's supposedly "confirmed" that Star Wars: The Old Republic is moving over to Broadsword along with a bunch of new staff...
It’s Official! Star Wars: The Old Republic is moving from Bioware to Broadsword! (swtorista.com)

and that Rob (Denton) and at least some of the Broadsword team have moved (or are spending time) at Loric Games...
Loric Games commits Mythic and BioWare vets to building a survival game rich in story | Massively Overpowered (massivelyop.com)

Team — Loric Games

That's a whole lot of new people and, it doesn't appear at least, to be many experienced Broadswordians left in administrative roles.

You running Broadsword now Bonnie??? Inquiring minds just have to know...

If so, is big K gonna step up and be UO's new producer?

Fun times!

Anyway, congrats on the growth at Broadsword however things work out!
-Arroth

Comments

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,407
    :o
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,257
    LMAO  Rob is the CEO of BroadSword and yes he is going over to see what they need and to meet the new team that will be under his control.  Do you really think Rob is going to give up the company he created
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 646
    I think this paragraph from the SWTR dev answers the big question we've been asking for a long time. My understanding is that Broadsword has only one other game, UO. So this indicates to me that, yeah, we're in maintenance mode.
    The lack of communication is a prime example of this in my opinion.

From the above first link:

SWTOR Developer Post

When the news first broke about this potential move players were very concerned that the game was being moved to a studio known for keeping games in maintenance mode. However, a lot more questions have been answered since then officially by the developers, and the most important thing to know is that most of the Star Wars: The Old Republic developers are also moving over to Broadsword and have plans to continue upgrading, enhancing, and adding story to the game. When we first heard the news, it was a rumor but a fairly credible one, but it’s now been fully confirmed by the developers in a series of posts.

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    I think this paragraph from the SWTR dev answers the big question we've been asking for a long time. My understanding is that Broadsword has only one other game, UO. So this indicates to me that, yeah, we're in maintenance mode.
    The lack of communication is a prime example of this in my opinion.

From the above first link:

SWTOR Developer Post

When the news first broke about this potential move players were very concerned that the game was being moved to a studio known for keeping games in maintenance mode. However, a lot more questions have been answered since then officially by the developers, and the most important thing to know is that most of the Star Wars: The Old Republic developers are also moving over to Broadsword and have plans to continue upgrading, enhancing, and adding story to the game. When we first heard the news, it was a rumor but a fairly credible one, but it’s now been fully confirmed by the developers in a series of posts.

They run dark age of Camelot as well 
    thats robs baby it gets priority over us and now im sure swtor as well
  • Just wait until New Legacy comes out with all the new stuff
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,257
     :D 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "in many companies, the natural way to stop certain people causing too much damage is to promote them

I hope Mesanna gets promoted”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • usernameusername Posts: 710
    edited July 2023
    I have heard rumours new legacy is Mesanna's last 'horrah' before she retires. I hope this is the case.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
    I wonder how many people/ % want NL.
    I just hope if it does come out they add the better parts of it to the main shards.