Change to house placement

Now all i want to know it where are all the many complaints?? I assume it's people emailing Mesanna cuz we saw not a one here?  not one on Stratics? Is it in some mysterious Atlantic discord?? More importantly how many to many? If i email Mesanna from all my accounts would that be enough to get a change? 

Comments

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,407
    a friend of a friends friend complained ... echo..........................echo........................................... ;)
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    I believe in transparency. I also want my issues to get  the same considerations as others.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited July 2023

"hmm, i am not sure what this is referring to either,

there already was a cooldown on attempting to place no?

maybe they think they are stopping house placement scripting??
    if so, this is not how it works,
    the house placement script knows when you can place by attempting to mount an ethy
    not keep repeating placement...

So i can't think what the complaints are
    "

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    :D
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,211
    edited July 2023
    I wore out my tool before i could get an exact timer.

Pro placers already have it mapped out and can nail it 1st try. 

This only trolls Regular Joe trying to place or resize his house. Sigh.

EDIT: Timer is completely random and all over the place. It went from 20 seconds to over 1.5 minutes before...i wore my tool out again. 
  • Max_BlackoakMax_Blackoak Posts: 621
    I don't think whoever sent in the many complaints will be happy about this either... kinda reminds me of the idoc revamp when someone decided it was a great idea to delete certain items from falling houses (which noone ever asked for I may add).
    Interesting approach
  • AtomicBettyAtomicBetty Posts: 243
    edited July 2023
    I don't think whoever sent in the many complaints will be happy about this either... kinda reminds me of the idoc revamp when someone decided it was a great idea to delete certain items from falling houses (which noone ever asked for I may add).
    Interesting approach

Deleting resources and veteran rewards is a good thing not sure what else gets deleted as I do not do idocs but cant imagine its a bad thing.
    edited July 2023
    "the complaints maybe come from the professional house placers (scripters) ?
    Scenario

•  house script placer places small house on large plot (to secure the plot)
    • manual house placer fails to place (beaten by scripter)
    • so manual house placer can normally place a smaller house next to initial failed placement spot to block larger placement
    but now if on cooldown, only the initial house script placer will be able to place then resize

as manual house placer can't place next to small house as in on cooldown from first failed attempt...
    This is good news for Atlantic Realtor at least

I'm not really sure though, this is not my area

"

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited July 2023
    This is just a huge troll to the players. Might as well just have the tool roll a random size house plot while you're at it.
    edited July 2023
    "I checked my emails,
    Mesanna or any dev did not email me asking me anything about this at all, i completely wash my hands of this, but really its not my area anyway"
    why is it ever fix to combat scripters seems to hurt the honest players like random resources did
    edited July 2023
    "I can only speculate on the goal of this change.

But my sources are telling me, if the goal was to stop house scripting advantage,

they would need to allow players to mount (edit and recall) say 5 mins after barrels turn brown, and then keep the house placement timer fairly random as it currently is, then there would be no trigger for the script

we don't know what the complaints were though..
    "
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,115
    So if you fail to place a house, you have a cooldown timer?

Are the bots trying to place every ms or something?  
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited July 2023
    "no, that's not how script works,
    script places first time, is triggered by successful mount of ethereal action (edit or recall spell)

so i dunno what this is
    must not be about script

maybe AR complaining that people placing small houses around after he placed one to block him"
    Wasn't there just a luna house that fell??
    Pawain said:
    So if you fail to place a house, you have a cooldown timer?

Are the bots trying to place every ms or something?  

This is new on top of having the idoc cooldown and using the house placement tool too often cooldown.

If you try to place too close to a tree and fail due to invalid terrain, you're now on a cooldown between trying again. If you place a plot and see you can go an extra tile so you cancel, you're now on a cooldown. 

The people that have been placing houses for years have already walked the terrain and mapped out the size and know where to place.

This only hurts those that aren't skilled in placing. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,115
    This is why I am against them spending time specifically to fix bugs.  These are the ones they choose to fix.

But you can still block if you don't fail on the first try?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited July 2023
    Pawain said:
    This is why I am against them spending time specifically to fix bugs.  These are the ones they choose to fix.

"what bug? show me the bug report

its mainly trammel issue as in fel you just kill house placers"
    Pawain said:

But you can still block if you don't fail on the first try?

Idk about the last part. Idocs aren't my thing really. Idk where this came from tbh. Maybe a showing that they're still kinda sorta still working here?

Bug fixes would be great if they didn't dangle a carrot and end up giving us a brick. 
    edited July 2023
    "this not a bug fix
    no bug report

and it don't say fixed a bug in press release"
    Was it one secret email? Ten ? 20 ? How many complaints does it take??
    "it was probably not a change to stop house scripting,

if they wanted to stop house scripting, they would not let people script..."
  • How is this team so out of touch with the game. Its crazy. 
  • MsScarlettMsScarlett Posts: 58
    No worries for the true idoc heroes.. you know the botters with 7 characters smashing through barrels and getting all the goods. They are just concerned with the people actually trying you know on their own to place.
  • KingKing Posts: 34
    May as well delete idocs all together.
    The problem was never the tool, the problem is the people using the Oxxxx 3rd part client that can read the floor (hacking) and tell the placer the moment that the area is open, we talking about 0.0001 sec the moment area open, he place 1,2,3 houses instantly, there is no need to spam the tool, therefore the timer will not work.
    other group use the ethereal mount in the area, the moment they can mount the ethereal, means area is open for placement. you cant beat them, so may as well cancel all together and like few people suggested before, put for raffle , 1 per account, like the old new mag system, at least will give folks some chance.

• 100%  - Raffle system or Stop Idocs / house placement all together.

everyday / casual player cant compete against a bot.

“well, if they remove the triggers (recall and mounting) 
    it would be a raffle no?
    as you’d just be guessing when to place”
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,170
    edited July 2023
    Interesting that they chose to make this "update" to the game before doing anything else... seems like all of their "feedback" is taken via email (I guess?) and their decisions are made in a vacuum these days. Again where was the TC1 testing for players to offer feedback? One of just many "updates" they skip QA (God forbid Misk actually need to do something) and toss it into Prod. It seems like there is very little rhyme or reason for decisions these days... UO has fallen to a pretty sad state imo.
  • I just checked, nothing really changed, only that now u have to wait couple more secs to use the tool, but the scripters dont use the tool, so this was a waste of their time.

@Yoshi ;  raffle, just like they did with old new mag, you will receive a scroll to place the area, if you are the winner.

or like they did before, with a stone in the area, 1 entry per PAID account
    that will resolve the problem
    edited July 2023
    "they don't need to put anything to test centre,
    cos when they do, we test it, we tell them what is broken and they publish it anyway,

this seems like a more efficient way to work"