24/7 Scripters brought to you by 3rd party clients the Devs refuse to address

usernameusername Posts: 733
edited July 2023 in General Discussions
Atlantic players have fun with this person. Page, send emails, get this player banned. "Mama Charlotte" all you gotta do is Help->Another player is physically Harassing me-> Type 'afk script bot' and type their character name "Mama Charlotte" and come watch the fun.
Trammel Heartwood quest runner, afk 24/7. Auto logs in at server up immediately and continues to script.
Brought to you exclusively by 3rd party clients. Fully automated and fully responds to GMs automatically without any user input.

Chops trees, rat form stealth/hides all the way to heartwood and runs quests.




But username, they're not afk?
Yes, another player blocked them in for 8 hours and they sat there. Ironically when you page a GM on them they wake up and ChatGPT/Bard API auto respond to GM then continue to be afk.



This is the end people.
This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.

Comments

  • usernameusername Posts: 733

    For the last hour+ lol man you guys are savages
    This discussion has been closed.

    I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,081
    They are more likely to ban the bagball placer than the scripter
  • usernameusername Posts: 733
    edited July 2023
    Grimbeard said:
    They are more likely to ban the bagball placer than the scripter
    Sad truth! It is illegal and I do recommend not to get caught dropping bagballs.
    This discussion has been closed.

    I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • usernameusername Posts: 733
    ... and think he got got fed up for the night. Good work team  :D First time he hasn't been on in about 8 days.
    This discussion has been closed.

    I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,309
    edited July 2023
    Ask yourself this - how is this affecting your game?
    You can still play - you can still find your own playstyle, and play the way you find most fulfilling.

    In my experience, players like this, are Uni students, who are busy studying, attending lectures, having a life, they are time poor, cash poor, knowledge rich, hence they get the game to play itself while they are not there. You may want to be thinking, it's cool they want to play the game..

    As opposed to many people, who are time rich, and knowledge poor - should time rich people have the advantage in games? I used to think so, I used to believe Time put in should equal best rewards. Now I realise, not everyone has equal time spare, and others want to play also, again, we should be happy they want to, and make the effort to play.

    These Uni students, sometimes sell their ingame gains, for gold, or money, to help them progress ingame, or to help them IRL, again, I do not mind this. It is just different paths of progressing.

    If I was a Developer - I would be quite impressed at what these people are doing, what they are accomplishing, and I would even learn from them, and evolve with them.

    Other players are doing this, purely to make RL money - but again, they can only do this, because the market is there - there are other time poor, cash rich players - those who work/have families, who still want to progress, and find this is their best way. Again - it is just another path - it does not have to affect you.

    So you get - time poor, time rich, cash poor, cash rich, knowledge poor, knowledge rich players - they all have different needs, and find ways for the game to work for them.

    Evolve, be more tolerant. :)
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,309
    edited July 2023
    You can all chose categories for yourself, to work out where you fit, and your playstyle

    I am time poor, cash rich, knowledge poor! 
    Working guy, family, good job, not brilliant at scripts. But committed to playing, having a good time.

    But I know people who are Knowledge rich, they help me.

    I know people who are time rich, they help me.

    We all pool what we have, that is teamwork. That is the point of all of this.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,309
    edited July 2023
    If this is happening in Trammel, yes this annoys me, because player options to interfere, and make this part of the game, are limited. If this is in Felucca, I have no issues at all.

    But this is not a GM Issue. This is a game mechanic issue - I believe Trammel should not be designed the way it is, it prevents sandbox play. The GM's should not be having to police for us - the very fact they are, points to game mechanic issues.
  • Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 273
    Thing is... they’re NOT playing the game. They’re running a script to gain unfair advantage over folks that ARE playing the game. Time is what players here are investing in their games. Game evolution & tolerance have absolutely nothing to do with breaking rules which players have agreed to accept when they play.

    There’s a undeniably solid reason most every MMO bans players for doing that. Its a proven fact, it hurts gaming communities. You already know all this so please stop trying to justify the inexcusable. Your vain attempt to normalize TOS breaking actions isn’t deep thought or rational logic, it just shows the community how much vitriol you have for honest gamers.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,309
    edited July 2023
    Acid_Rain said:
    Thing is... they’re NOT playing the game. They’re running a script to gain unfair advantage over folks that ARE playing the game. Time is what players here are investing in their games. Game evolution & tolerance have absolutely nothing to do with breaking rules which players have agreed to accept when they play.

    There’s a undeniably solid reason most every MMO bans players for doing that. Its a proven fact, it hurts gaming communities. You already know all this so please stop trying to justify the inexcusable. Your vain attempt to normalize TOS breaking actions isn’t deep thought or rational logic, it just shows the community how much vitriol you have for honest gamers.
    They are playing, and when they get to the screen, they want to be doing the bits they enjoy doing, there is a lot of content, and a lot of grind in this game.

    It is very normal in most modern games to script out the grinds, Roblox etc. Other games have decreased the grind massively as they progress in time - Clash of Clans, to allow newer players to catch up.

    Your time investment is historic, no point you jealously guarding it, it's been done, past. Things change. Players coming in 23 years later, or any time period, want to be able to compete and play the game to it's full potential.

    There is no unfair advantage? This is a sandbox game, what are your winning posts? How are you defining this unfair advantage?
    If you are a merchant - I've seen people getting upset at how much gold players have in the bank, this is ridiculous?
    If you are a pvmer, how are they unfairly getting an advantage - what is the measurement?
    If you are a crafter, same question?
    Pvper - it is easier to define, this is the only one that has a real definition - and I as a pvper, am saying I don't care. In fact most pvpers don;t care, we just want to be able to play and progress in pvp, it makes it more fun.

    Please define this Unfair Advantage you guys are always so busy protecting?
    Is it amount of Rares on display in your homes? You see how pathetic I may see this?
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,309
    edited July 2023
    ps. I just saw your use of the word Vitriol...

    That is a very strong, toxic, emotional word - you should not be using it. It is highly passive aggressive.

    I can assure you, I have zero Vitriol.


  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,221
    I always grin when there's post after post about pvpers being the worst cheaters then the tram crowd gets caught red handed. 

    Things like this are solid proof that mind numbing tedious tasks should be removed from game. The team was on the right track before they quit working on the game. SoTs to combat unattended skill working. Bods on a point system. Crafting menu to make X number.

    I share Cookie's view on this. Especially when a quick google search will show this exact script was made in 2008. 
  • usernameusername Posts: 733
    Urge said:
    I share Cookie's view on this. Especially when a quick google search will show this exact script was made in 2008. 
    This exact script is being ran by headless 3rd party clients and using chatgpt/bard API's to respond and auto relog at server up. As the majority of those did not exist until the last few years, this EXACT script did not exist in 2008. Sure people run quests and stuff but not this complex as the tools to make it this complex did not exist. Clear?
    This discussion has been closed.

    I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • usernameusername Posts: 733
    edited July 2023
    Cookie said:
    Ask yourself this - how is this affecting your game?
    Evolve, be more tolerant. :)
    'How do cheaters affect my gameplay?'

    This is some high level coping. 

    Just for that I will spend an extra 2-4 hours a week reporting players, well done way to go.
    This discussion has been closed.

    I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • TXEggplantTXEggplant Posts: 164
    username said:
    Grimbeard said:
    They are more likely to ban the bagball placer than the scripter
    Sad truth! It is illegal and I do recommend not to get caught dropping bagballs.
    Sometimes, my bag gets too full and I don't see things dropping ouf of it ... 
    Maith Ceol, Chesapeake
    Governor of Moonglow

    Discord: txeggplant
    maithceol@gmail.com
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,221
    username said:
    Urge said:
    I share Cookie's view on this. Especially when a quick google search will show this exact script was made in 2008. 
    This exact script is being ran by headless 3rd party clients and using chatgpt/bard API's to respond and auto relog at server up. As the majority of those did not exist until the last few years, this EXACT script did not exist in 2008. Sure people run quests and stuff but not this complex as the tools to make it this complex did not exist. Clear?

    The disconnect relogger sub was available before the heartwood script.

    There may be a more updated version for O but i absolutely assure you, it has been done before. 
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,309
    username said:
    Cookie said:
    Ask yourself this - how is this affecting your game?
    Evolve, be more tolerant. :)
    'How do cheaters affect my gameplay?'

    This is some high level coping. 

    Just for that I will spend an extra 2-4 hours a week reporting players, well done way to go.
    It's your life, you do what you want. :)

    Like I said, time rich, time poor people, you are clearly time rich. :)

    It is perfectly possible to continue playing your own game, without being affected by the actions of others, they only affect you, if you are actually looking to be affected.

    I will ask again, how are they affecting you, what unfair advantage are they gaining, what is your end goal, that they are gaining on you at?
  • usernameusername Posts: 733
    edited July 2023
    Cookie said:
    username said:
    Cookie said:
    Ask yourself this - how is this affecting your game?
    Evolve, be more tolerant. :)
    'How do cheaters affect my gameplay?'

    This is some high level coping. 

    Just for that I will spend an extra 2-4 hours a week reporting players, well done way to go.
    It's your life, you do what you want. :)

    Like I said, time rich, time poor people, you are clearly time rich. :)

    It is perfectly possible to continue playing your own game, without being affected by the actions of others, they only affect you, if you are actually looking to be affected.

    I will ask again, how are they affecting you, what unfair advantage are they gaining, what is your end goal, that they are gaining on you at?
    Everything other players do will have an effect on my gameplay, one way or another, what don't you understand? Are you that naive?  It is impossible to avoid being affected by this. Massively AFK scripting and selling items has huge implications on the economy, let alone other aspects. The game is a MMO, not single player. You are more than welcome to go play your single player games and cheat all you want.
    This discussion has been closed.

    I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,309
    username said:

    Everything other players do will have an effect on my gameplay, one way or another, what don't you understand? Are you that naive?  It is impossible to avoid being affected by this. Massively AFK scripting and selling items has huge implications on the economy, let alone other aspects. The game is a MMO, not single player. You are more than welcome to go play your single player games and cheat all you want.
    You've actually still not given me a specific manner in which your gameplay is affected.

    You mention economy, that is going to go up/have fluctuations no matter what. Don't you think just the pure existence of Trammel is having a far greater effect on the economy - risk free grinding forever?

    There are so many ways to gain gold. If you are having problems, just ask for advice on how to gain gold on the forums, don't take it out on other players. I show up for 1 event a month, quite often get an EM event reward, and that's 200m made just like that. I don't think him chopping down tree's, is going to hurt you that much.

    I'm still interested, in what real way they are affecting your gameplay, as far as I am concerned, you have not given me one yet.

    Were you going to chop down that exact tree? There are plenty more tree's in the game to share around.

    Were you going to hand in that exact quest? You can all hand them in. They are not blocking you.

    The point is, you play your game, let him play his, stop worrying about what other players are doing, and you will find it goes easier. The real answer imo, to solve your issues, is to delete Trammel, so be careful what you wish for. :)
  • usernameusername Posts: 733
    edited July 2023
    Cookie said:
    oh look another troll trying to get my thread closed
    Not interested in debating because you can't read. Stop shitting up this thread and go make your own.
    This discussion has been closed.

    I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,309
    username said:
    Cookie said:
    oh look another troll trying to get my thread closed
    Not interested in debating because you can't read. Stop shitting up this thread and go make your own.
    In other words.

    You have no idea how they are affecting your game.


  • usernameusername Posts: 733
    Cookie said:
    username said:
    Cookie said:
    oh look another troll trying to get my thread closed
    Not interested in debating because you can't read. Stop shitting up this thread and go make your own.
    In other words.

    You have no idea how they are affecting your game.


    In other words, read what was previously posted and go make your own thread. You have a really hard time reading.
    This discussion has been closed.

    I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,309
    edited July 2023
    username said:
    Cookie said:
    username said:
    Cookie said:
    oh look another troll trying to get my thread closed
    Not interested in debating because you can't read. Stop shitting up this thread and go make your own.
    In other words.

    You have no idea how they are affecting your game.


    In other words, read what was previously posted and go make your own thread. You have a really hard time reading.
    You have a really hard time minding your own business, and playing your own game.

    What do you get out of posting complaint threads on these forums the whole time, you are after the attention?

    I don't need to post threads, because I am not after attention. :)
  • usernameusername Posts: 733
    Cookie said:
    You have a really hard time minding your own business, and playing your own game.

    Oh the irony....
    This discussion has been closed.

    I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,309
    username said:
    Cookie said:
    You have a really hard time minding your own business, and playing your own game.

    Oh the irony....
    Shutting down the complainers, makes you a complainer.

    I know, it's a paradox. :)
  • MariahMariah Posts: 3,018Moderator
    Having brought attention to this problem, I think now is the time to end it, before it becomes more heated.
This discussion has been closed.