Isn't it easier to script gathering eggs now as it was with the previous Event ?

Considering how scripters can script with the current Event where a thorn needs to be planted, just like they did with the previous Event which required to walk by one and pick it up, I have been noticing how the current scripting might probably be more convenient then the previous one...

While before the script had to be a walk and search one, now, it pretty much is a static script which 3 or 4 (to deal with the downtimer of planting thorns) characters can run getting 3 or more eggs per thorn.

To my opinion, thus, gathering eggs actually got easier, not harder for scripters...

Comments

• RockoRocko Posts: 174
    Walk and search? Static script? What?  How would you know this?  Are you a scripter?  Must be; I can't make heads or tails out of your post.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    You could, possibly, be right. Providing of course that the scripters were well prepared with a stock of green thorns to plant.  I would strongly suggest that you stop worrying about the scripters, other than reporting them when you come across them, and direct your energies to obtaining sufficient eggs to acquire the items you want from the event.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Mariah said:
    You could, possibly, be right. Providing of course that the scripters were well prepared with a stock of green thorns to plant.  I would strongly suggest that you stop worrying about the scripters, other than reporting them when you come across them, and direct your energies to obtaining sufficient eggs to acquire the items you want from the event.
    I happen to think that, trying to fight scripting in the game by changing the Design of UO mechanics is a futile enterprise because cheaters only adjust their scripts to the new designed mechanics and we are back to square one with the Design changes to mechanics basically only affecting (usually for the worse...) normal UO players who do not cheat nor script.

A prime example for this, is the randomization of resources in UO which, I understand, was changed to random from the static it was due to scripters. Guess what ?

Scripters who script were not much affected by this since it is a script doing the resources gathering not them, usually, but regular players who sit at their keyboard and actually spend their time mining or lumberjacking actually saw, to my opinion, their UO experience worsening because of this.

What I am trying to say is, that I think that, to see scripting be gone from UO I think that it would be necessary to address the "root" of the problem which it is, the use of Third Party, unauthorized utilities which make it possible to some UO players to run those scripts.

That is, making an anti-cheat detection part of the UO client and whenever it detects an unauthorized utilitiy running it will prevent the player to run the UO Client.

Want to play UO ? Need to do it only on its own or, at most, using authorized programs....

At least, that is how I see it.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    last event was more fun only a few here had issues with scripters
    this event would have been far better if the rabbits had been on a tether of at least 10 tiles
  • FoosFoos Posts: 81
    popps said:

Considering how scripters can script with the current Event where a thorn needs to be planted, just like they did with the previous Event which required to walk by one and pick it up, I have been noticing how the current scripting might probably be more convenient then the previous one...

While before the script had to be a walk and search one, now, it pretty much is a static script which 3 or 4 (to deal with the downtimer of planting thorns) characters can run getting 3 or more eggs per thorn.

To my opinion, thus, gathering eggs actually got easier, not harder for scripters...

I mean.....  shouldn't your focus be on players? 
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    popps said:
    Mariah said:

A prime example for this, is the randomization of resources in UO which, I understand, was changed to random from the static it was due to scripters. Guess what ?

I understand you see it like this, and I know there are more who would find it easier to be able to recall to their preset rune, and find exactly what they wanted.

I considered this a fix to be fair, and disagree with your perspective here, regarding mining, I far prefer it to be random.

The biggest issue for me - would in fact be Lumberjacking - where the randomisation appears to have made top end logs a thing of the past almost.

Regarding your initial post - I don't know is the answer, and I don't really care, If I cared, I would do something about it ingame (This is why I prefer the Feluccan ruleset). I missed last times event, I know players who scripted that one, are scripting this one, I know players who thought the Devs had done really well at first, to try and make this one unscriptable, are now scripting it - yes I agree, the point here is, you cannot beat them - if it is a set of actions a player can perform, a script can be made to replicate it.
    popps said:
    Mariah said:
    I happen to think that, trying to fight scripting in the game by changing the Design of UO mechanics is a futile enterprise because cheaters only adjust their scripts to the new designed mechanics and we are back to square one with the Design changes to mechanics basically only affecting (usually for the worse...) normal UO players who do not cheat nor script.

A prime example for this, is XXXXXXXXXXXXX

The real prime example - was the Devs removing all mobs from Dungeon Blackthorn.

Whilst I understand it - they thought they just could not win, so removed everything - I think they went too far - there was absolutely no need to remove these mobs from Felucca, we had it under control, it made for more gaming content.

I understand, and agree with this content being removed from Trammel, where there was nothing players could do to stop it.

I used to find one of my old enemies "Mer***" afk hiding tamer farming there, and I would try and kill him, he would find me there farming, he would try to kill me, I would find scripters from Drachs there, and we had huge pvp - in Felucca, these actions, and re-actions add to the game. Scripting can be countered in Felucca, without the need to involve anyone else, or complain about it - quite so much anyway.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,895
    Cookie said:
    popps said:
    Mariah said:

A prime example for this, is XXXXXXXXXXXXX

The real prime example - was the Devs removing all mobs from Dungeon Blackthorn.

Whilst I understand it - they thought they just could not win, so removed everything - I think they went too far - there was absolutely no need to remove these mobs from Felucca, we had it under control, it made for more gaming content.

I understand, and agree with this content being removed from Trammel, where there was nothing players could do to stop it.

I used to find one of my old enemies "Mer***" afk hiding tamer farming there, and I would try and kill him, he would find me there farming, he would try to kill me, I would find scripters from Drachs there, and we had huge pvp - in Felucca, these actions, and re-actions add to the game. Scripting can be countered in Felucca, without the need to involve anyone else, or complain about it - quite so much anyway.
    As long as scripts can run in guard zones fel is just as safe
    Grimbeard said:

Much easier for Devs to find a simple fix for though.
    (Make events not in guardzones).

Clever players would find a way to combat it :)
    Cookie said:
    Grimbeard said:

Much easier for Devs to find a simple fix for though.
    (Make events not in guardzones).

Clever players would find a way to combat it :)
    Herding is your friend 
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    How about putting eggs in special mob free sos and t-maps? Those might be harder to script.

TimSt said:
    How about putting eggs in special mob free sos and t-maps? Those might be harder to script.

Or pirate ships 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972

I have to actually have a Thorn and then kill something. Can't we go back to just finding eggs on the ground?

The original post when I put it into a translator.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    edited April 2023
    Grimbeard said:
    TimSt said:

Or pirate ships 

With eggs going to the top 3 players killing the pirate.
    edited April 2023
    TimSt said:
    Grimbeard said:
    TimSt said:

Or pirate ships 

May as well just make a Clicky for them. But I am in, would have thousands of eggs in a day.

Put them on beacons also so I can get a 100 Mythic crates too!

Put the rewards on the Pirate Vendor and I can just buy everything, never have to play UO for more than 3 hours a year!  Fun Fun.

They put a cap on the Pirate vendor because it is too easy.  I had 8 Billion points when the Palm trees and the other new items came out.  

Now you have to store the extras in a container so you can not hoard so easily.
    Pawain said:
    TimSt said:
    Grimbeard said:
    TimSt said:

Or pirate ships 

May as well just make a Clicky for them. But I am in, would have thousands of eggs in a day.

Put them on beacons also so I can get a 100 Mythic crates too!

Put the rewards on the Pirate Vendor and I can just buy everything, never have to play UO for more than 3 hours a year!  Fun Fun.
     you can choose to do what you feel is fun and let others do the same 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    Fact is, almost anything can be scripted so there will be no such thing as a scripter/bot free event.

The first event you literally could use a brand new char with 50 magery on an EJ account to recall around with some low budget LRC suit and script endlessly. They couldn't have made it any easier for trash EJ accounts to endlessly script on every shard. Account gets banned? No biggie, just start another mage with 50 magery and throw a 50k gold LRC suit on him.

This event actually required people to be proactive about thorns (max 4 drops per thorn) AND luck plays a huge role. Sure scripters can throw together a budget luck suit but the less they invest the less the get from the thorns. There is a finite amount of thorns they have (even if it's 10k they need more once they run out). Using a max luck toon to script and risking it getting banned isn't a good return on value given the price of eggs.

Lastly the price of rewards this go round has made rewards attainable for everyone so scripters cannot corner the market with 23/7 scripting. Even if they do script this event non-stop they aren't making nearly what they did last event. That was a huge step in the right directions.

So to answer your question, no this event is not more scripter friendly when it comes to turning a profit for them. I could provide more on this but it's just a waste of energy because this is another useless popps thread.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Any action in game can and will be scripted with ease. We have professional programmer players that can work circles around the dev team. 

I haven't stolen near the eggs I did last year so to answer your question, it doesn't look like they're as afk as they were. Scripting maybe, afk not nearly as bad. 
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
     Mass Scripting of this event requires mass steady supply of thorns. Very few of us had large thorn stashes and very few of us are seriously mass producing more thorns.  So I predict we will see spurt of scripting when thorns are harvested and on the market and it will peter out fast as the thorns run out again.  I plant 200-240 per day  and am not seeing the mass of multi boxers anymore.  What I am seeing are people with 1-3 characters casually getting some eggs and enjoying the event.  SO by virtue of the limited supply of thorns the scripting/boxing is minimized, can't stick thorns in the ground when there are not many available.
    If people can dupe other things would thorns be easy ?
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    Mariah said:

I sold 600k green thorns so far for this event, and have another ~700-800k laying around. These are thorns that I collected via idocing across all the servers over the last decade and a half (stopped before the new, AR botter friendly IDOC system was put into place). I've never grown a single plant in UO during my time playing. What I am saying is that if someone who has a surplus of those thorns just from one singular activity, then I'm sure people who've actually spent time cultivating them more than likely has no issues with stock.

But to answer op's question. Yes, this event is significantly easier for people to script farm the eggs, while also farming legendaries as well.

For anyone interested in efficiently farming their vorpals: Goto felucca Delucia in front of the bank there are three fields, setup your party to surround 1 tile in one of the fields, everyone take turns planting their thorn in that tile, the vorpal bunny will be body blocked into place (Legal, unlike bagballing). T2A is considered a dungeon as it's on the dungeon subserver, so you will get splintering weapons as well as legendaries and 1k luck bump for being in felucca. All while in guardzone.
    The fel bonus doesn't apply 
  • WhitewolfWhitewolf Posts: 171
    its simple. we all know they dont ban scripters, BUT they do ban people who use bagballs, see where im goin with this?
  • creampiecreampie Posts: 74
    Tyrath said:
     Mass Scripting of this event requires mass steady supply of thorns. Very few of us had large thorn stashes and very few of us are seriously mass producing more thorns.  So I predict we will see spurt of scripting when thorns are harvested and on the market and it will peter out fast as the thorns run out again.  I plant 200-240 per day  and am not seeing the mass of multi boxers anymore.  What I am seeing are people with 1-3 characters casually getting some eggs and enjoying the event.  SO by virtue of the limited supply of thorns the scripting/boxing is minimized, can't stick thorns in the ground when there are not many available.
    in witch delusional world you live.... they chose green thorn something in game for years.. i know many people with 100k plus green thorn. if they had chosen a new item/thorn like they should have done then yes supply wouldn t be unlimitted.
  • creampiecreampie Posts: 74
    Grimbeard said:
    The fel bonus doesn't apply 

read the sentence and understand it before replying....he s talking about the loot not the eggs for luck 1k bonus
  • You should totally script it and add dropping bagballs to box in the rabbit to that script.
    You should totally script it and add dropping bagballs to box in the rabbit to that script.
    Or if you think you find a scripter, use an EJ account to drop bagballs around their hunting area, then page on them, but you'd probably find they are watching what you are doing.
    Lol 
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    creampie said:
    Tyrath said:
    in witch delusional world you live.... they chose green thorn something in game for years.. i know many people with 100k plus green thorn. if they had chosen a new item/thorn like they should have done then yes supply wouldn t be unlimitted.

You know what happened to the vast majority of green thorns in my not so delusional world. We harvest the seeds for the seeds of renewal and left the thorns on the plants when we got rid of the plant. BECAUSE THORNS WERE WORTHLESS after pub 16
    Not completely worthless the give vines  :D