Reforging Throwing Weapons for 210 Luck ?

From the Somerset Reforging Chart, I understand that, with a Shadow Runic Hammer and with the Reforging selection Powerful + Structural (or Structural + Fundamental), it is possible, on a Throwing Weapon, to end up with 170 Luck which, then, one can enhance for an additional 40 Luck (with the UO Store hammer) to end up with 210 total Luck on a one-handed Weapon.

Is this a nightmare to get, or are the odds decent ?

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    At the top of the page with Semmerset's charts it says:
    Figures in brackets [] are the cap, therefore often difficult to attain.

As the 170 luck is in those [] I think that answers your question.

Also 'Structural' means the item will be brittle, Fundamental means it cannot be repaired. How long would you expect a brittle weapon that cannot be repaired to last?

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,897
    My 210 luck glavine has lasted a long time mainly because I got frustrated with the gargoyle armor inequality that's worsened by wanting luck 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Do you really see a benefit to make a gargoyle luck suit over human or elf? Do they have the same amount of slots?  

You can buy 150 to 190 pieces for humans and let someone else deal with RNG. Can the mempo and armor of fortune covert to gargoyle?  Can a gargoyle wear the wildfire mask? Etc
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Don't you have any friends?   do you think this is YOUR personal Q&A forum?   

Are you really going to bombard this forum with every and any question you can think up?

How very sad that you don't have anyone in game to ask these questions to, and that you think people are at YOUR beck and call for every problem you have.

MARIAH, we need a filter, This is making this forum unusable with the content crap he is posting

At least have a word with this person, it is getting beyond a joke

THIS IS A TROLL AGAINST OTHER PLAYERS.  How many posts is it now in the last week?

Pathetic
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited February 2023
    Mariah said:
    At the top of the page with Semmerset's charts it says:
    Figures in brackets [] are the cap, therefore often difficult to attain.

As the 170 luck is in those [] I think that answers your question.

Also 'Structural' means the item will be brittle, Fundamental means it cannot be repaired. How long would you expect a brittle weapon that cannot be repaired to last?

Well, it looks like that, using Copper Runic Hammers, and using Powerful reforging, there still is the chance to get 170 on a one handed throwing weapon....

The argument raised though by Pawain, about some Luck artifacts not having a Gargoyle altered version, is food for thought..... in the end, it looks like, that Gargoyles keep holding the short end of the stick....
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,897
    edited February 2023
    No much of the luck stuff does not convert even yukio earrings left out gargoyles as they have no resistance(why has this still not been fixed???? @Kyronix ) same slots but far from equal how many tinker runics do you have? 
  • ValeriaValeria Posts: 97
    edited February 2023
    I might try it this weekend just out of curiosity and an abundance of hammers but shadow gets you 2 properties... Both need to roll luck and at a high enough intensity.

I make a lot of luck armor and recently made plate set. Could always roll on the first try but I'd get yourself about 5 hammers to start. You'll get it faster if you use copper or bronze but you'll also get random other mods which might ruin it or might be what you were going to imbue anyways.

Probably took me 20 coppers to get exactly the 6 plate pieces with max luck with no unwanted mods... Took me about 3 hrs unfortunately but that's because I had to make about 1000+ pieces to get the right resists to max out properly for a sampire
    Valeria said:
    I might try it this weekend just out of curiosity and an abundance of hammers but shadow gets you 2 properties... Both need to roll luck and at a high enough intensity.

I make a lot of luck armor and recently made plate set. Could always roll on the first try but I'd get yourself about 5 hammers to start. You'll get it faster if you use copper or bronze but you'll also get random other mods which might ruin it or might be what you were going to imbue anyways.

Probably took me 20 coppers to get exactly the 6 plate pieces with max luck with no unwanted mods... Took me about 3 hrs unfortunately but that's because I had to make about 1000+ pieces to get the right resists to max out properly for a sampire
    @Valeria

Out of curiosity, what properties were you aiming at when burning some 20 Copper runic hammers to craft 1,000+ pieces ? And is that in total like 150+ pieces for each of the slot or did you mean 1,000+ pieces for each of the slot (like 6,000+ plate pieces in total...?).

Were they exceptional crafted plate pieces without, or with Arms Lore for the additional resistances?

Thanks !
    edited February 2023
    Yes always exceptional with max arms lore for luck suits... Resists to max are much harder and more time consuming than the luck part of it.

So the 1000 pieces don't each get reforged... The 1000 pieces is because imo you must start with 11 or 12 poison resist on each one... THEN reforge it and hope you roll ONLY 2 of 3 possible properties and both are luck for a total of 150 and nothing else.  That's why it took me 3 hrs to make the suit. It's all about getting the right resists first

You won't have that problem with a weapon though.  I'd still use a copper or a bronze to go for yours though. And I'm not sure but I'd see if you can do it with only powerful without the extras that make it brittle or unrepairable
  • For plate max luck suit for a sampire you really want 11 or 12 to start in poison resist because you need 6 pieces to add up to 70 without imbuing.

You also want fire resist low imo because you are going to first imbue it to max or close on every piece to get fire resist up to 95.

That's the first two thigs luck and added fire resist... 

Usually a piece will need a boost to get the other resists to max but don't forget you get boosts to them when you enhance with gold at the very end.

So typically to max resist and luck each piece will probably have 2 spots left to imbue... One at max intensity and one at less (generally).  I fill them out with lmc and stats... Usually whatever stat gets closest to full magic weight

But I'm just popping this suit on in EC for the last couple swings on a boss really
    Valeria said:
    For plate max luck suit for a sampire you really want 11 or 12 to start in poison resist because you need 6 pieces to add up to 70 without imbuing.

You also want fire resist low imo because you are going to first imbue it to max or close on every piece to get fire resist up to 95.
    @Valeria

When you talk "playemail", do you mean Human/Elf platemail or do you mean Samurai Platemail ?

Also, what is the logic for not wanting to imbue Poison 70 and want it to come from crafing, but, instead, you aim at low Fire to then imbue each peace up to max for a total on the suit of 95 ?

Ad why so high, 95, since the CAP is 70 which you can raise up to 75 max with refinements (Elves can reach 80 in Energy, though...) ?

That's the first two thigs luck and added fire resist... 

Usually a piece will need a boost to get the other resists to max but don't forget you get boosts to them when you enhance with gold at the very end.
    So, basically, you craft until you get a piece with 11 or 12 Poison resist and low Fire Resist, then reforge for 150 Luck and if you get it with 150 Luck you proceed to imbuing, otherwise you scrap the piece and start over ?

Did I get it right ?

So typically to max resist and luck each piece will probably have 2 spots left to imbue... One at max intensity and one at less (generally).  I fill them out with lmc and stats... Usually whatever stat gets closest to full magic weight
    I am not sure why you say you are left with 2 spots to imbue and not 3....

One is for the 150 Luck, and the other is for the Fire Resist that you imbued.

Shouldn't you be left with 3 spots to imbue towards the 5 total imbuing spots ?

But I'm just popping this suit on in EC for the last couple swings on a boss really.

Aha, so, that is not really a good Dexer suit to fight with ?

Only for last few blows ?

edited February 2023
    I am glad you asked all these questions because figuring out how to craft the optimal max luck suit was both one of the most aggravating and satisfying things I've done in the last year hahaha....

1. When you talk "platemail", do you mean Human/Elf platemail or do you mean Samurai Platemail ?

I don't think it matters but to be fair I've only just done regular plate so far.  I suspect the base resists vary across all of them but I don't know how much.  The thing I've learned myself is that the poison resist is the most important because enhancing with gold at the end adds to the other four but won't add any to the poison.  So you want to get that to max with base pieces I think and not waste imbuing on it.

2. Also, what is the logic for not wanting to imbue Poison 70 and want it to come from crafting, but, instead, you aim at low Fire to then imbue each peace up to max for a total on the suit of 95?

For this I think it goes with above.  You only get so many properties to imbue so you have to be careful where you spend them.  Because fire has to be overmaxed for vamp form on a sampire you just concede the the first property you imbue on all pieces will be max weight on fire resist pretty much.  You don't HAVE to get low fire on the base but the lower it is, the more resists will be elsewhere and hopefully you won't have to imbue too many other resists.

3. And why so high, 95, since the CAP is 70 which you can raise up to 75 max with refinements (Elves can reach 80 in Energy, though...) ?

Only because I was making it for a sampire with subtracts 25 fire resist when you go into vamp form (which I'll always be in).  You would have to account for being an elf and target 75 for energy.  In the event your luck suit is worn for the entire fight, you may want to refine it and go for the highest possible resists but I'll tell you it's hard enough to get them all to a normal max and still have weight leftover for imbuing stats.

4. So, basically, you craft until you get a piece with 11 or 12 Poison resist and low Fire Resist, then reforge for 150 Luck and if you get it with 150 Luck you proceed to imbuing, otherwise you scrap the piece and start over ?  Did I get it right ?

Yep. I will sit there and craft as many gorgets as I can hold in my pack, for instance.  Check them all.  Sometimes there are none with 11 or 12 poison so they all get scrapped and I do it again.  Needed a LOT of iron ingots.  When you get one with the right resists you reforge it with the copper or bronze and hope for the best.  I can take a 150 luck with some LMC, mana, stam, or HP but if anything else goes on it, it ruins the piece.  Sometimes an extra roll for a resist can work in your favor but you gotta make a spreadsheet and think hard about keeping it.

5. I am not sure why you say you are left with 2 spots to imbue and not 3....One is for the 150 Luck, and the other is for the Fire Resist that you imbued. Shouldn't you be left with 3 spots to imbue towards the 5 total imbuing spots ?

That is correct, one for luck and one for fire.  BUT, you will have to imbue some other resists if you want to get the others all to max.  This is where a spreadsheet plus the knuckleheads imbuing calculator become critical  :D 

I always square away the resists first, then see how much weight is leftover but because all 6 pieces will have 150 luck, maxed fire, and at least one other imbue slot spent on another resist, you'll only usually have 2 slots left and not even enough weight for both to be max.  Next you probably want to make sure you're maxed out on LMC.  After that, put whatever weight you have leftover into stats to maximize what's important to you.  Usually I can get a max LMC and maybe like a 5 or 6 Stam to fit for instance.

I'm by no means the crafting expert, but this is how I managed to build myself the ideal plate max luck suit for my sampire.  I wear it for farming tmaps at Miasma the whole time but only because I'm not in danger.  I do not wear it farming doom, for instance, I only switch to it for the last hit or two and try to time it perfectly to cash in.  I wish I had a 25 year account for the bigger luck statue bonus but mine is barely 2 so luck suit switching is my best chance to roll better loot.

6.Aha, so, that is not really a good Dexer suit to fight with ?

I've made a few studded luck suits and I don't think they are bad, but the methodology is different because you enhance with spined at the end which is all physical and nothing else I think.  For that, you've gotta make pieces with the lowest possible physical resist you can tolerate waiting for.  The suits for sale on my vendor aren't overcapped for fire but I was able to get them to 70/70/70/70/75 with max LMC and very close to max Stam OR Mana which is good enough for my Archer/Pirate/Fisherman to have some fun on the high seas and still contribute to EM events, group fights, and probably this new spring event where I hear mobs get stuck in out-of-reach places for a sampire to target.

CRITICAL REMINDERS FOR ANYONE ELSE READING THIS!....
    goes without saying but given how much work goes into making a max resist, max luck suit, you will want to pay for the guaranteed enhance tool from the shop.  You need 6 charges.  It's the last step you do to bring the luck to 190 and bring all your other resists to the target you plan out in your spreadsheets.

and DO NOT forget to powder the piece up BEFORE you imbue on it or else you just destroyed it and you'll have to try to reforge again.

Anyone wants me to make them one, just let me know!  I'm on Legends and can't easily/cheaply transfer so you'll have to come visit to pick it up
    Valeria said:
    I am glad you asked all these questions because figuring out how to craft the optimal max luck suit was both one of the most aggravating and satisfying things I've done in the last year hahaha....

1. When you talk "platemail", do you mean Human/Elf platemail or do you mean Samurai Platemail ?

I don't think it matters but to be fair I've only just done regular plate so far.  I suspect the base resists vary across all of them but I don't know how much.  The thing I've learned myself is that the poison resist is the most important because enhancing with gold at the end adds to the other four but won't add any to the poison.  So you want to get that to max with base pieces I think and not waste imbuing on it.

2. Also, what is the logic for not wanting to imbue Poison 70 and want it to come from crafting, but, instead, you aim at low Fire to then imbue each peace up to max for a total on the suit of 95?

For this I think it goes with above.  You only get so many properties to imbue so you have to be careful where you spend them.  Because fire has to be overmaxed for vamp form on a sampire you just concede the the first property you imbue on all pieces will be max weight on fire resist pretty much.  You don't HAVE to get low fire on the base but the lower it is, the more resists will be elsewhere and hopefully you won't have to imbue too many other resists.

3. And why so high, 95, since the CAP is 70 which you can raise up to 75 max with refinements (Elves can reach 80 in Energy, though...) ?

Only because I was making it for a sampire with subtracts 25 fire resist when you go into vamp form (which I'll always be in).  You would have to account for being an elf and target 75 for energy.  In the event your luck suit is worn for the entire fight, you may want to refine it and go for the highest possible resists but I'll tell you it's hard enough to get them all to a normal max and still have weight leftover for imbuing stats.

4. So, basically, you craft until you get a piece with 11 or 12 Poison resist and low Fire Resist, then reforge for 150 Luck and if you get it with 150 Luck you proceed to imbuing, otherwise you scrap the piece and start over ?  Did I get it right ?

Yep. I will sit there and craft as many gorgets as I can hold in my pack, for instance.  Check them all.  Sometimes there are none with 11 or 12 poison so they all get scrapped and I do it again.  Needed a LOT of iron ingots.  When you get one with the right resists you reforge it with the copper or bronze and hope for the best.  I can take a 150 luck with some LMC, mana, stam, or HP but if anything else goes on it, it ruins the piece.  Sometimes an extra roll for a resist can work in your favor but you gotta make a spreadsheet and think hard about keeping it.

5. I am not sure why you say you are left with 2 spots to imbue and not 3....One is for the 150 Luck, and the other is for the Fire Resist that you imbued. Shouldn't you be left with 3 spots to imbue towards the 5 total imbuing spots ?

That is correct, one for luck and one for fire.  BUT, you will have to imbue some other resists if you want to get the others all to max.  This is where a spreadsheet plus the knuckleheads imbuing calculator become critical  :D 

I always square away the resists first, then see how much weight is leftover but because all 6 pieces will have 150 luck, maxed fire, and at least one other imbue slot spent on another resist, you'll only usually have 2 slots left and not even enough weight for both to be max.  Next you probably want to make sure you're maxed out on LMC.  After that, put whatever weight you have leftover into stats to maximize what's important to you.  Usually I can get a max LMC and maybe like a 5 or 6 Stam to fit for instance.

I'm by no means the crafting expert, but this is how I managed to build myself the ideal plate max luck suit for my sampire.  I wear it for farming tmaps at Miasma the whole time but only because I'm not in danger.  I do not wear it farming doom, for instance, I only switch to it for the last hit or two and try to time it perfectly to cash in.  I wish I had a 25 year account for the bigger luck statue bonus but mine is barely 2 so luck suit switching is my best chance to roll better loot.

6.Aha, so, that is not really a good Dexer suit to fight with ?

I've made a few studded luck suits and I don't think they are bad, but the methodology is different because you enhance with spined at the end which is all physical and nothing else I think.  For that, you've gotta make pieces with the lowest possible physical resist you can tolerate waiting for.  The suits for sale on my vendor aren't overcapped for fire but I was able to get them to 70/70/70/70/75 with max LMC and very close to max Stam OR Mana which is good enough for my Archer/Pirate/Fisherman to have some fun on the high seas and still contribute to EM events, group fights, and probably this new spring event where I hear mobs get stuck in out-of-reach places for a sampire to target.

CRITICAL REMINDERS FOR ANYONE ELSE READING THIS!....
    goes without saying but given how much work goes into making a max resist, max luck suit, you will want to pay for the guaranteed enhance tool from the shop.  You need 6 charges.  It's the last step you do to bring the luck to 190 and bring all your other resists to the target you plan out in your spreadsheets.

and DO NOT forget to powder the piece up BEFORE you imbue on it or else you just destroyed it and you'll have to try to reforge again.

Anyone wants me to make them one, just let me know!  I'm on Legends and can't easily/cheaply transfer so you'll have to come visit to pick it up
    Good reading, thank you for the heads up !!