Unable to stay logged in to forum

Comments

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,311
    Try FireFox 
  • keven2002 said:
    Sounds like @ Larisa is still having issues getting in (and staying in). I still had issues this morning myself but using the "preference" strategy to click around seems to work better for getting the login to stick.

@ Kyronix / @ Bleak - Any idea what the issue is?
    It quit letting my @Victim_Of_Siege account stay logged in, but as you can see, this one does. Kinda rules out the browser idea . . .
    There's always room for more cookies.
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355
    I went ahead and downloaded FireFox which is currently working. So a temp fix for now at least.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    Sounds like another person is unable to stay logged in (based on the other site's comment) here and using FireFox isn't working for everyone ( @Larisa has tried this).

I'm sure I'll have to attempt a 10 step process myself in another hour or so if I want to log back in.

@Kyronix / @Bleak - Can we have this looked into or maybe some confirmation that it's already being looked into?
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    We’ve been advised it’s a cookie issue mostly impacting Chrome. It’s being looked into but don’t have an ETA when Google or Vanilla will have a fix.
  • Kyronix said:
    We’ve been advised it’s a cookie issue mostly impacting Chrome. It’s being looked into but don’t have an ETA when Google or Vanilla will have a fix.
    Thanks for the Info. I was able to Clear Cache and Cookies for "All Time" (i love that phrase) and can log in and stay logged in.  It logged me out naturally this afternoon and i was able to log in and stay (so far) no idea if it will "corrupt" again or not, but we will see.

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Mariah said:
    Everyone has to re-log every 24 hours - even me!
    That is not true.  I have been logged on for going on 4 days now without relogging  Windows 10 / Chrome
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Logs me out every 24 hours on all 3 devices that I use.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,311
    me every 3 to 6 hours sometimes 24 rare its rng
    Is there anyway to change the settings so that it keeps us logged in?
  • Logged me out and i had to dance the hokey Pokey again to stay logged in. so clearing cache and cookies lasted 2 days. 

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,894
    Logged me out and i had to dance the hokey Pokey again to stay logged in. so clearing cache and cookies lasted 2 days. 
    Clearly it's you Vic
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    Going on 5 hours logged in. Go Team!
  • Grimbeard said:
    Logged me out and i had to dance the hokey Pokey again to stay logged in. so clearing cache and cookies lasted 2 days. 
    Clearly it's you Vic

I'm still having the same issues Vic
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    edited February 2023
    keven2002 said:
    I'm still having the same issues Vic
    I'm going to assume it really is a site cookie issue because I can log in after i obliterate it. then  it starts to corrupt slowly. a bit soon for too much speculation though

• RinerRiner Posts: 355
    I have to admit I've grown tried of dealing with this issue and joined team FireFox
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,894
    Maybe they can ask one of the grandkids to help fix 
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    I have done nothing, still on Chrome....logged in this morning and didn't want to jinx myself lol so waited until now to post. I logged in, went to a few threads....held my breath...closed the tab and didn't log back in until just now...didn't have to log back in though I was still logged in from this morning.

So we'll see! 

• Back to unable to log in on the computer this morning, no matter if I put my left leg in, or my right arm out. I'll shake it all around and see what happens.

Wondering if anyone else is still having issues staying logged in? As of today I was still unable to stay logged in on Chrome/Edge (everything updated).

Only reason I am logged in now is because I tried using FireFox but maybe it's only me having this trouble and it's no longer an issue; hence why there has been zero follow ups about Chrome/Vanilla being updated by the Dev team?
  • vortexvortex Posts: 200
    keven2002 said:
    Wondering if anyone else is still having issues staying logged in? As of today I was still unable to stay logged in on Chrome/Edge (everything updated).

Only reason I am logged in now is because I tried using FireFox but maybe it's only me having this trouble and it's no longer an issue; hence why there has been zero follow ups about Chrome/Vanilla being updated by the Dev team?

Same here only staying logged in using Firefox still.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    keven2002 said:

Still having issues.
  • I still have to do the Nekkid Hokey-Pokey to log in on Chrome. FF is fine, along with Edge. 

Sounds like @Kyronix must be shorting Google stock this month? Forcing people to use FF? >:)
    Just wanted to post again that this is STILL an issue for some people that aren't able to log in to this forum to post that they are STILL having problems logging in.

@Kyronix - What's the deal? I'm still not able to stay logged in myself for anything but FireFox. Are there any updates on what's going on or possible solutions (that aren't a random clicking of buttons/links)?
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    The problem is being worked on.  We are told there are several moving parts that need to be addressed and our back end team is taking care of it as priorities allow. Using Firefox is the best work around at the moment.
    Thank you
  • I still have to do the Nekkid Hokey-Pokey to log in on Chrome. FF is fine, along with Edge. 

*A Cookie A Day Keeps The Blues Away*
  • Queen_Mum said:
    I still have to do the Nekkid Hokey-Pokey to log in on Chrome. FF is fine, along with Edge. 

You're darn tootin I ate it. Your cookies are da best.