Should mesanne delete all player memorials

2»

Comments

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,151
    Merlin said:
    McDougle said:
    Merlin said:
    keven2002 said:
    I'm not really sure if this is the reason or not but I could see Mesanna just being tired of the whining of a handful of people saying "it's not fair" or "well X shard had that". To stop/prevent the "unfair" complaint it's easier just to completely take it away from everyone because heavens forbid that one gets something another doesn't. 

That was the case for Brit Bank potentially having decorations removed and I think it's probably the reason Fel isn't active full time for this event. 

This ^^^

It's because complainers from non-Atlantic shards moan and groan, despite that they make up a small percentage of subscriptions.  These folks punch way above their weight class.   Ironically, they're also the same people saying 'we must preserve history'.  In other words, they want everything to be 'fair' and force everyone to share in misery, but think they're going to have their cake and eat it too by having their respective 'history' preserved. 

Your sense of Atlantic entitlement is sickening 

Atlantic is what keeps UO alive and where the most resources should be spent.   I don't care if people don't like that perspective - it's how most any business is run.  You spend the most time and resources where your revenue is generated from. 

All the shards keep UO open.  I am sure that if all the shards but Atl quit UO would also die so there goes you entitlement out the friggin door.
    They are just telling us what they really think about us. This is the third "loudest voice" poster in a couple of days to blatantly & basically tell everyone that is not on Atlantic that they are unimportant & UO would go on if they shut down all shards but Atlantic. Wonder if they are all New Yorkers.....

EA give me a refund for my continuous 24+ yr subscriptions and I'll be on my way.

You are taking it out of perspective and I don't see where me or Merlin said anything about shutting down all shards except ATL. Don't let McTroll or Frodo muddy it up. I'll clarify what I said:

The issue is that the voices of the few from very low pop shards like Baja/Sonoma/Origin are constant (whining/complaining) are always the ones saying "well I noticed ATL has X... well I also pay a subscription so my shard should also get X because it's only fair". The Devs look at the request and likely see that it doesn't make sense so they do not grant it. What follows is 30 more threads or emails from the same people saying "it's not fair" until the Devs just get fed up and rather than give the whiners their way (which they should not) they just take it away from everyone so nobody gets it. 

The ironic thing about this is that majority of these people want to have their very own version of UO and do not play the game much with others anyway so while they scream about "the community" it's really for their own personal use. Even more ironic is the same people who constantly talk down about ATL have chars on ATL or travel there with some frequency...they want all the benefits of the most populated shard in the game while still acting like their shard is equal (if it was they wouldn't need to be concerned with ATL). 

Then you have the tip of the hypocrisy iceberg with people saying "ATL Entitlement" which is really just a front for their own entitlement for their low population shard. Outside of ToT events being in Fel for ATL, I don't think I've seen anyone from ATL say "ATL needs X". Also keep in mind that nobody is really saying "Fel should only be ATL and no other shards"... if the Devs want to give Fel to some shard like Baja which doesn't even have Tram active that's up to them to decide if the population makes that a requirement (ATL doesn't care). What happens then is that Baja/Origin don't get it and now those whiners say "well ATL shouldn't get it if my shard doesn't" which is really where the entitlement comes from. The sad and unfortunate part of all of this is that the squeaky wheels from these low population shards barely even partake in these events but feel the need to speak on them anyway like some low pop shard ambassador. 

I don't think it's entitlement to think that the business decisions (or really any decision) should be influenced by the majority but rather economics/democracy. 

I've also never said only ATL should be getting something and no other shards. Other shards like higher pop shards LS/Europa/Yamato etc should get the same type of treatment. 
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    keven2002 said:
    Merlin said:
    McDougle said:
    Merlin said:
    keven2002 said:
    I'm not really sure if this is the reason or not but I could see Mesanna just being tired of the whining of a handful of people saying "it's not fair" or "well X shard had that". To stop/prevent the "unfair" complaint it's easier just to completely take it away from everyone because heavens forbid that one gets something another doesn't. 

That was the case for Brit Bank potentially having decorations removed and I think it's probably the reason Fel isn't active full time for this event. 

This ^^^

It's because complainers from non-Atlantic shards moan and groan, despite that they make up a small percentage of subscriptions.  These folks punch way above their weight class.   Ironically, they're also the same people saying 'we must preserve history'.  In other words, they want everything to be 'fair' and force everyone to share in misery, but think they're going to have their cake and eat it too by having their respective 'history' preserved. 

Your sense of Atlantic entitlement is sickening 

Atlantic is what keeps UO alive and where the most resources should be spent.   I don't care if people don't like that perspective - it's how most any business is run.  You spend the most time and resources where your revenue is generated from. 

All the shards keep UO open.  I am sure that if all the shards but Atl quit UO would also die so there goes you entitlement out the friggin door.
    They are just telling us what they really think about us. This is the third "loudest voice" poster in a couple of days to blatantly & basically tell everyone that is not on Atlantic that they are unimportant & UO would go on if they shut down all shards but Atlantic. Wonder if they are all New Yorkers.....

EA give me a refund for my continuous 24+ yr subscriptions and I'll be on my way.

You are taking it out of perspective and I don't see where me or Merlin said anything about shutting down all shards except ATL. Don't let McTroll or Frodo muddy it up. I'll clarify what I said:

The issue is that the voices of the few from very low pop shards like Baja/Sonoma/Origin are constant (whining/complaining) are always the ones saying "well I noticed ATL has X... well I also pay a subscription so my shard should also get X because it's only fair". The Devs look at the request and likely see that it doesn't make sense so they do not grant it. What follows is 30 more threads or emails from the same people saying "it's not fair" until the Devs just get fed up and rather than give the whiners their way (which they should not) they just take it away from everyone so nobody gets it. 

The ironic thing about this is that majority of these people want to have their very own version of UO and do not play the game much with others anyway so while they scream about "the community" it's really for their own personal use. Even more ironic is the same people who constantly talk down about ATL have chars on ATL or travel there with some frequency...they want all the benefits of the most populated shard in the game while still acting like their shard is equal (if it was they wouldn't need to be concerned with ATL). 

Then you have the tip of the hypocrisy iceberg with people saying "ATL Entitlement" which is really just a front for their own entitlement for their low population shard. Outside of ToT events being in Fel for ATL, I don't think I've seen anyone from ATL say "ATL needs X". Also keep in mind that nobody is really saying "Fel should only be ATL and no other shards"... if the Devs want to give Fel to some shard like Baja which doesn't even have Tram active that's up to them to decide if the population makes that a requirement (ATL doesn't care). What happens then is that Baja/Origin don't get it and now those whiners say "well ATL shouldn't get it if my shard doesn't" which is really where the entitlement comes from. The sad and unfortunate part of all of this is that the squeaky wheels from these low population shards barely even partake in these events but feel the need to speak on them anyway like some low pop shard ambassador. 

I don't think it's entitlement to think that the business decisions (or really any decision) should be influenced by the majority but rather economics/democracy. 

I've also never said only ATL should be getting something and no other shards. Other shards like higher pop shards LS/Europa/Yamato etc should get the same type of treatment. 
    Again you are full of Atlantic entitlement ..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    What do you call it? Sugar trolling? Congrats on being the biggest troll on the forums. You finally beat out your pal for the top spot. 
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    keven2002 said:
    What do you call it? Sugar trolling? Congrats on being the biggest troll on the forums. You finally beat out your pal for the top spot. 
    You come and act like both Atlantic and pvp are special and insult anybody that disagrees but I'm the bad one ? I without a doubt am incredibly annoying but your sense of entitlement is sickening 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    edited October 2022
    McDougle said:
    keven2002 said:
    You come and act like both Atlantic and pvp are special and insult anybody that disagrees but I'm the bad one ? I without a doubt am incredibly annoying but your sense of entitlement is sickening 
    Again congrats on being the biggest troll on the boards. Please let us know when you actually have something worthwhile to offer besides sugar trolling. I can't seem to find the last time you actually were helpful in answering anyone's question. Nobody needs your toxic trollish behavior... back to your cave.

This is where I really wish there was an ignore feature so I could apply it. There are literally zero posts that you make in which I find helpful and would be a perfect solution to the toxic junk you post.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,974Moderator
    I think this has gone far enough.
This discussion has been closed.