Wraith form vs vampiric embrace leech inconsistency

13»

Comments

• FortisFortis Posts: 408
    If you are seriously saying others are trolls i suggest you to take a look at your last 500 threads and 2k comments and go read what is a troll definition....
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Fortis said:
    If you are seriously saying others are trolls i suggest you to take a look at your last 500 threads and 2k comments and go read what is a troll definition....
    Apparently to you it's having my own thoughts and opinions..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Fortis said:
    My first wish on the list is to add an option on this forum to dont see any mcdougle comments or threads...still dreaming maybe the option to block someone will come one day.
     :D 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Well now that we know how loved i am does anyone else have an opinion on the actual topic?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    McDougle said:
    Well now that we know how loved i am does anyone else have an opinion on the actual topic?
    Many opinions were given, you ignored the ones that did not agree with yours. 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    Many opinions were given, you ignored the ones that did not agree with yours. 
    Untrue i expressed my opinion and offered debate as too why i was correct 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    *coughs*
  • MerlinMerlin Posts: 199

There are no changes to Spirit Speak / Necromancy / Vampiric Form necessary. 

The developers would be wise to ignore the rabble rousers suggesting otherwise.

this is strictly Merlin opinion and all opinions should be given equal thought 

• MerlinMerlin Posts: 199
    edited September 2022

When the same small contingent of people comment on every thread with relentless negativity.. and interrupt every topic of conversation across multiple forums, it dilutes their message no matter what it may be.  

The same goes for allowing the same three or four folks that feel the need to go tit-for-tat and argue incessantly on every thread to the point that it drowns out everyone else and discourages others from even wanting to participate.  

There becomes a point where the opinions of those bad actors should be ignored… because their posts become an endless stream of blather and drudgery that ultimately contributes nothing of value for either developers or other posters to consider or even spend time reading.

This thread is a prime example of that. 

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    Merlin said:

When the same small contingent of people comment on every thread with relentless negativity.. and interrupt every topic of conversation across multiple forums, it dilutes their message no matter what it may be.  

The same goes for allowing the same three or four folks that feel the need to go tit-for-tat and argue incessantly on every thread to the point that it drowns out everyone else and discourages others from even wanting to participate.  

There becomes a point where the opinions of those bad actors should be ignored… because their posts become an endless stream of blather and drudgery that ultimately contributes nothing of value for either developers or other posters to consider or even spend time reading.

Well said
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited September 2022
    Seth said:
    That change wouldn't affect me. My Sampires already have GM SS. Curse Weapon+Vamp Form=70% Hit Life Drain, 3.5x more self healing than the usual Sampire. Lets me laugh off a 110 damage hit from Chief Paroxy, which would send other Sampires running and screaming for their mommy. Corpse Skin+Onslaught is powerful too, -31 Fire or Poison Resist at 120 Swords/GM Tact/Lvl 3 Primer. Can also use Wraith Form+Curse Weapon if i want to be really cheeky with Drains.

Vampiric Embrace should also be a viable PvP form and some of its drawbacks removed.

It used to be. Necro/Mages used to run around in Vampire Form all the time, until they made any Garlic spell damage the caster in Vamp Form, even with 100% LRC. There were a few bugs/exploits that allowed Life Drain to apply to spells too.
    Can your build solo all the bosses?

The ones that don't have Tainted Life, yes. The GM SS Sampire has even more survivability than the usual Sampire, due to having 70% Hit Life Drain (3.5x the amount of the usual Sampire) from Vamp Form+Curse Weapon. I can even go into Wraith Form and cast Curse Weapon for 20% Hit Mana Drain/50% Hit Life Drain, and still have more survivability than other Sampires. Wraith Form allows my male Sampire to fight Semidar as well without having damage reflected, and i can trick Changelings (including Travesty) into transforming into me and becoming vulnerable to Undead Slayer then.
    With Corpse Skin+Onslaught, i can make most foes very vulnerable to Fire/Poison damage (-31 to those Resists), and dish out more damage then too, even without GM Anat. My Sampire also has a 120 Disco+AP Vollem that can even further debuff the opponent's Resists, stacking with Corpse Skin+Onslaught.

The GM SS Sampire requires more involved play than the typical Sampire though to take full advantage of it's abilities.
    Merlin said:

Yet it's perfectly acceptable to continue to reply yourself? Because I have unpopular opinions and state them as loudly as the fanboi club I'm a bad actor? Again yet you will continue to reply as if there's a segment of the players base who need protection from my opinions..
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited September 2022
    Merlin said:

Exactly, 100% correct.

He doesn't even have a sampire, and claimed anyone with such build can solo kill all the bosses.

He thinks if everyone wear the same gear as Lewis Hamilton, they can all race as fast as him... oh yeah then he will say there is proof on YouTube.

He also ignored post that shows its consistent for warrior-only spells.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Seth said:
    That change wouldn't affect me. My Sampires already have GM SS. Curse Weapon+Vamp Form=70% Hit Life Drain, 3.5x more self healing than the usual Sampire. Lets me laugh off a 110 damage hit from Chief Paroxy, which would send other Sampires running and screaming for their mommy. Corpse Skin+Onslaught is powerful too, -31 Fire or Poison Resist at 120 Swords/GM Tact/Lvl 3 Primer. Can also use Wraith Form+Curse Weapon if i want to be really cheeky with Drains.

Vampiric Embrace should also be a viable PvP form and some of its drawbacks removed.

It used to be. Necro/Mages used to run around in Vampire Form all the time, until they made any Garlic spell damage the caster in Vamp Form, even with 100% LRC. There were a few bugs/exploits that allowed Life Drain to apply to spells too.

The ones that don't have Tainted Life, yes. The GM SS Sampire has even more survivability than the usual Sampire, due to having 70% Hit Life Drain (3.5x the amount of the usual Sampire) from Vamp Form+Curse Weapon. I can even go into Wraith Form and cast Curse Weapon for 20% Hit Mana Drain/50% Hit Life Drain, and still have more survivability than other Sampires. Wraith Form allows my male Sampire to fight Semidar as well without having damage reflected, and i can trick Changelings (including Travesty) into transforming into me and becoming vulnerable to Undead Slayer then.
    With Corpse Skin+Onslaught, i can make most foes very vulnerable to Fire/Poison damage (-31 to those Resists), and dish out more damage then too, even without GM Anat. My Sampire also has a 120 Disco+AP Vollem that can even further debuff the opponent's Resists, stacking with Corpse Skin+Onslaught.

The GM SS Sampire requires more involved play than the typical Sampire though to take full advantage of it's abilities.
     My Sampire also has a 120 Disco+AP Vollem that can even further debuff the opponent's Resists, stacking with Corpse Skin+Onslaught.

I am not sure how you managed to fit so many skills on 1 single template...

Necro, SS, Weapon Skill, Tactics, Taming, Lore, Chivalry, a suit with 100 LRC, stamina to swing at 1.25 etc. etc. .....

It would be interesting to hear the details of the build and of the armor/weapons properties/artifacts used....
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited September 2022
    popps said:
     My Sampire also has a 120 Disco+AP Vollem that can even further debuff the opponent's Resists, stacking with Corpse Skin+Onslaught.

Necro, SS, Weapon Skill, Tactics, Taming, Lore, Chivalry, a suit with 100 LRC, stamina to swing at 1.25 etc. etc. .....

It would be interesting to hear the details of the build and of the armor/weapons properties/artifacts used....
    No Taming/Lore required. So long as you keep the Vollem's Taming Required 30.0 or below, anyone can control them, which allows you to increase a Vollem's slots by 1 and give it abilities like Discord. I slot leveled and skill trained the Vollem with one of my Tamers, then transferred it to my Sampire when it's training was complete. Oftentimes against more dangerous foes, i'll repeatedly order my Vollem to attack the opponent then follow me, until it successfully lands Discord on the boss. Then i'll either have the Vollem follow me, or have it Stay on screen to keep Discord up, but out of the way of AoE attacks. It's basically a pocket Discord bard. Against opponents without AoE, i'll let it melee attack them after it lands Discord, the Armor Pierce will increase my damage by 10% during it's debuff too.

I don't use 100% LRC suit. I carry 5 stacks of 20 Pig Iron (100 total) to cast Curse Weapon, and 5 Arcane Gems to recharge my Arcane Thigh Boots that i use to cast Corpse Skin/Wraith Form/Vampiric Embrace. If i'm fighting a boss for an extended period of time, then i'll also carry 100 Grave Dust and 100 Batwings for casting Corpse Skin.
    edited September 2022
    popps said:
    Seth said:

That would be out of topic.

@PlayerSkillFTW
    You are saying it's super powerful with SS + other Necro spells. This looks like the warrior is overpowered with SS instead. 

Can your VE sampire without SS do the same for all bosses, solo any of the EM boss, or treasures boss like the giant rabbit during Yukio event. They don't have Life Taint but have other attacks like Nausea, etc.

edited September 2022
    popps said:

No Taming/Lore required. So long as you keep the Vollem's Taming Required 30.0 or below, anyone can control them, which allows you to increase a Vollem's slots by 1 and give it abilities like Discord. I slot leveled and skill trained the Vollem with one of my Tamers, then transferred it to my Sampire when it's training was complete. Oftentimes against more dangerous foes, i'll repeatedly order my Vollem to attack the opponent then follow me, until it successfully lands Discord on the boss. Then i'll either have the Vollem follow me, or have it Stay on screen but out of the way of AoE attacks.

I don't use 100% LRC suit. I carry 5 stacks of 20 Pig Iron (100 total) to cast Curse Weapon, and 5 Arcane Gems to recharge my Arcane Thigh Boots that i use to cast Corpse Skin/Wraith Form/Vampiric Embrace. If i'm fighting a boss for an extended period of time, then i'll also carry 100 Grave Dust and 100 Batwings for casting Corpse Skin.
    This isn't a sampire as it does not have samurai bushido. My Sampire is a 100% warrior build with no SS and using warrior only spells.

Yours are hybrid mage or tamer type which is much more powerful. So observations by popps is valid how u managed to squeeze in all but for us normal players we are just stopping dumb ideas to disrupt our pure warrior template.
    Which warrior skills can you use in horrific beast? 
    McDougle said:
    Which warrior skills can you use in horrific beast? 
    What is your point and how does it support your claim VE need SS for warrior?

Allows you to transform into a terrifying form that grants great physical strength, at the cost of your mind. No duration. Casting this spell again or casting another transformation spell dispels it. While under the effect of this spell, the caster receives:
    • +20 Hit Point Regeneration
    • +25% melee damage increase
    • increased base hand damage of 5-15 (instead of 1-6)
    • Besides transformation spells, no other spells can be cast
    Seth said:
    Merlin said:

Exactly, 100% correct.

He doesn't even have a sampire, and claimed anyone with such build can solo kill all the bosses.

He thinks if everyone wear the same gear as Lewis Hamilton, they can all race as fast as him... oh yeah then he will say there is proof on YouTube.

Here you state consistent for warrior only spells why should the form you're matter?  
    edited September 2022
    McDougle said:
    Seth said:
    Merlin said:

Exactly, 100% correct.

Here you state consistent for warrior only spells why should the form you're matter?  
    Ofcourse it matters!

A form that allows you extra damage with magery/necro/mysticism attack spells require Eval Int, Focus or SS.

A form that allows extra damage with ONLY melee attacks doesn't and its consistent.

Thanks for helping to add one more consistent example.
  • Seth said:
    @ PlayerSkillFTW
    You are saying it's super powerful with SS + other Necro spells. This looks like the warrior is overpowered with SS instead. 

Can your VE sampire without SS do the same for all bosses, solo any of the EM boss, or treasures boss like the giant rabbit during Yukio event. They don't have Life Taint but have other attacks like Nausea, etc.

It's possible without SS to solo most bosses, but a lot riskier. The GM SS Sampire has more survivability against all the non-Tainted Life bosses. It has more single target damage output too when using Corpse Skin against foes that can be made most vulnerable to Fire/Poison damage with it (not all foes can be though). AoE damage though? The typical Sampire has more, due to GM Anat.

Seth said:
    No Taming/Lore required. So long as you keep the Vollem's Taming Required 30.0 or below, anyone can control them, which allows you to increase a Vollem's slots by 1 and give it abilities like Discord. I slot leveled and skill trained the Vollem with one of my Tamers, then transferred it to my Sampire when it's training was complete. Oftentimes against more dangerous foes, i'll repeatedly order my Vollem to attack the opponent then follow me, until it successfully lands Discord on the boss. Then i'll either have the Vollem follow me, or have it Stay on screen but out of the way of AoE attacks.

This isn't a sampire as it does not have samurai bushido. My Sampire is a 100% warrior build with no SS and using warrior only spells.

Yours are hybrid mage or tamer type which is much more powerful. So observations by popps is valid how u managed to squeeze in all but for us normal players we are just stopping dumb ideas to disrupt our pure warrior template.
    120 Swords/GM Tact/GM Bush/GM Chiv/GM Necro/GM SS/GM Resist or GM Parry (i soulstone between the two depending on what i'm hunting). It's a Sampire that doubles as a Whammy when i want.
    Against some foes that i want to tear apart really fast, like Unbound Energy Vortexes or named Bone Knights during Halloween, i'll soulstone around the skills for 120 Swords/GM Tact/GM Anat/GM LJ/GM Bush/GM Necro/GM SS.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    Thanks for the feed back. This thread has reached a toxic overload and will be terminated. I do not want to remove the little bit of value this thread may have. It will not be edited or have posts removed.
This discussion has been closed.