Additional House on Other Shard

2»

Comments

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,257
    Seth said:
    Hippo said:
    With the NL expansion taking up most of the developers' time and energy, it's a pipe dream to expect any major changes in the near future. But similar to what Seth mentioned above, allowing off-shard traders to setup a tent/counter to buy or sell items on a temporary basis - something like a Mid Eastern Bazaar or the medieval Trade Fair - would be great.  A gypsy wagon or pavilion like tent would suffice.
    Kind of like how these work now? 

No this sxxx
    That's your opinion and you're entitled to it, but they work fine and fit the need for selling things on a shard you don't have a house on.
    Quit using your brain alls they really want is to place more than one house so they can take up more housing spots on the "ONE SHARD" to sell it for mega gold.  If you thought housing was hard on the "ONE SHARD" then allow this and you will never find any open spots even a 9x9 open.
  • If you be needing a bath, which I expect you are since you're all toxic and stuff, go to the south entrance of Moonglow on Baja and say 'goblinz'.

I remember when Victim skinny dipped in the Moonglow pond. That was just rude. I never!

• ,AmberWitch said:
    I never!
    Yeah you did, I haz Pictures. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• poppspopps Posts: 3,955
    Hippo said:
    With the NL expansion taking up most of the developers' time and energy, it's a pipe dream to expect any major changes in the near future. But similar to what Seth mentioned above, allowing off-shard traders to setup a tent/counter to buy or sell items on a temporary basis - something like a Mid Eastern Bazaar or the medieval Trade Fair - would be great.  A gypsy wagon or pavilion like tent would suffice.

Personally, I would first like to see "Rental" Commission Vendors....

Sure, there is the issue of the Lockdowns that a Rental Commission Vendor would "hook up" that would need to be negotiated in between the House owner and the player Renting up that Commission Vendor but, that CAN be dealt with by providing to both players interested a mechanics and interface that would enable the House owner to "reduce" (i.e. "subtract") whatever Lockdowns that Rental Commission Vendors was to be assigned, after due negotiations with the players who would be renting such Rental Commission Vendor, from the total of House lockdowns available.

For example, let's say that a House has 1,000 Lock downs available (just making up a number for sake of the discussion), and the House owner and the player renting up that Rental Commission Vendor were to negotiate for that Vendor 30 Lockdowns (that is, that Rental Commission Vendor could be able to store and sell up to 30 items, not 1 more), the number of available Lockdowns for that House, as long as that Vendor will be up and active, would no longer be 1,000 but, 970 lockdowns and, this, REGARDLESS whether that Rental Commission Vendor was to hold 1 or 30 items.

It can very well be made a reality available to UO players and, to my opinion, it would be a great addition to the enhancement of UO Players ESPECIALLY, when one considers that UO players can only have a House on 1 Shard per Account.

With such a mechanics as possible, UO players could be able to get Commission Vendors on Shards where they do not have and neither can have (because they already have a House on another Shard), by Renting them from other players who have a House on that Shard.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,850
    edited February 2022
    popps said:
    Hippo said:

Blah Blah
    Kinda like how these work, but with no additional coding or wasting someone else's lockdowns?

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• gaygay Posts: 358
    Seems to me that some people just want to play an MMO from the perspective of a single player game, until they need to make money.

Vendor rentals have worked just fine for exactly what people want, for going on 25 years now. They aren't always ideal, but that's the cost of selling high value stuff and if you don't want to socialize with locals on a server you farmed something on, then either A. Farm on a different server that can accommodate your ability to sell the items better (but lets be honest, everyone knows why anyone not a local would be farming a random server.). or B. Pay for an additional account.

It's really not that complicated and if you think the devs should design a system to accommodate your means of profit, then I would ask, shouldn't you do the same for them?
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,689
    they will never let us have 2 houses on traditional production shards.
    they did give us the ability to have another to the Fel ruleset shards (Siege Perilous & Mugen).

With the recent changes to the High Seas
    they have given us the ability to have a ship in the water for every char.
    so if you want to store stuff on a shard you don't live on
    that is extra storage.
    you just have to refresh.

And if you want to sell stuff on that shard
    reach out to the locals for a vendor spot.

However, since you probably don't have the funds for fees of said vendor
    (daily fees are hard to come by if you don't have the gold)

===============

I have always wanted a "commission vendor contract"
    (that doesn't use lockdowns)

home owner gets a monthly fee from renters
    but also gets a commission fee

think of it like a "flea market vendor contract"
    vendor rents a space from owner
    and the owner charges them a brokers fee

(this would mean a double commission... to the King & home owner
    but the benefit would be that the daily fees wouldn't eat up your profit

the cost could be 100K
  • Hippo said:
    its called Atlantic