Help w/ Resisting Spells

Hey Guys,

So I posted a while back about not being able to gain Resist, and you all recommended I go to New Haven and fight those Spectral Spellbinders.  I did that, and nothing.  Sometimes it even says "You feel yourself resisting magic," but no gains.  My skill is currently at 90.0, and I have a cap of 120.0.  I also have 24.5 points of another skill pointed down to drain, and Resist is pointed up to gain.  I thought perhaps it was because the Spectral Spellbinders spells were too low level, but even Mana Vampire won't help (when I cast it on myself).  

I'd try some Necromancy spells on myself, but I don't think I have that skill on him right now.  Any ideas guys?  I can get gains in other skills like Mysticism.  But no matter what I do my Resisting Spells skill seems stuck at 90.0.

Comments

• Never mind, I figured it all out.  Sorry!
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    Best way to train resisting spells is to have an alternative account with zero evaluating intelligence cast a paralyze field on the ground and the person needing to gain run through that field while being flagged for combat to that person. (be in felucca, it helps if they are red, or you are red, or they can just attack you).
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    In Old Haven on the Great Lakes shard there is a white building that has a plack or a sign stating that is a memorial to a player.  It is on the New Haven side of Old Haven.  Get four or five Spellbinders to follow you to the steps of this building and walk to the top of the steps.  The Spellbinders can’t walk up the steps but will stay at the bottom casting spells at you.  Many players use these steps to gain in resist spells. If you don’t gain something is wrong.  Recommend you contact UO and request they send out someone to contact you.  Note if resist spells is at 120 and you cast protection that will reduce resist spells to 90 I believe.
    Sorry did not realize you had already solved it.

• JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    Arnold7 said:
    In Old Haven on the Great Lakes shard there is a white building that has a plack or a sign stating that is a memorial to a player. 
    What are those houses about, anyway?
    Have always wondered about that too.
  • FeigrFeigr Posts: 455
    I think they made those buildings private.  You can still get a group of spectrals to follow  you around though. You just gotta stay moving.  It's just as fast and still way faster to train than a lot of other abilities.

I just went and fought daemons personally.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    On LS we have public ships parked on the E coast.  You can drag them there and hop on a ship. Can use for pets also.  If the pet has a distance spell tell it to all stop.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.