Yukio's Earrings - Quest is gone!

Comments

• Bilbo said:
    Bilbo said:
    Vecna said:
    Hey folks, Khyro suggested nuking the entire folder for each affected player in your Docs/EA games folder. This worked for me. I had tried nuking a few files but not the whole folder. I can now log into the characters that had been crashing the client immediately on connection again. Quest button works, though all my quests are gone.

So oki - I tried to figure this out after a short nap.... It does not work to me ! My Questlog is still broken!
    Rename the Char Folder that is crashing you.
    Whether I rename the folder from Mene'Tekel to Mene or not - if the dog is buried in the detail, it cannot solve the problem. I did this but the button is still broken - so some more clever advices :)?

Who pissed in your wheats, just passed on what others said that worked for them, don't have a nice day.
    Maybe the person who broke this button here against their better judgement? ;) With a deep-seated hidden problem, however, the wheat remains pissed off, no matter how the bag it's in is labelled. Logical or?

TimSt said:
    Since quest progress / status is stored on the server renaming the local folder might not work.  Try to do a full file check.
    Hmm...Full file check sounds like digging around in the registries, and as a non-IT person or non-system admin, I'll be wary of touching anything there. If that's the case, then an official system clean-up should come, who also know about the programme and where the bugs are.   

I hope something else will come from the official direction. If others have already solved their problems, that's fine, but I and others still have the problem.

A little less ego-thinking, know-it-all and rumbling compared to others who aren't so "great" and the UO-life would be a whole corner easier

(Ein bisschen weniger Ego-Denken, Besserwisserei und Rumprollerei anderen gegenüber die halt nicht so "toll sind" und das UO-Leben wäre ne ganze Ecke einfacher)

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    @Mene_Drachenfels - When you start up UO there is a check box called Perform Full File Check in the lower left corner of the window. Clicking on it will cause the full file check to happen.

• Aha... I've never really used this button. I have now run the check, but the problem remains.

Btw... nice gump who plays the news on the patcher here - mine doesn't, and I play CC. Is that EC?

A little less ego-thinking, know-it-all and rumbling compared to others who aren't so "great" and the UO-life would be a whole corner easier

(Ein bisschen weniger Ego-Denken, Besserwisserei und Rumprollerei anderen gegenüber die halt nicht so "toll sind" und das UO-Leben wäre ne ganze Ecke einfacher)

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    To clarify for certain posters  (@Bilbo ). Mene_Drachenfels does not have a crash problem, that was Vecna. Mene has a broken quest log. She is not alone in that. Changing or removing the character's data file in the documents folder is not helping with that problem.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081

Btw... nice gump who plays the news on the patcher here - mine doesn't, and I play CC. Is that EC?
    I play CC and that's the gump I get too when starting up UO (I use UOA so technically start up UOA).
  • BleakBleak Posts: 143Dev
    The fix for the broken quest log issue is currently in testing will be resolved in our next publish. The client crash issue has not been reproduced and more specific data will need to be sent to us directly to help resolve this issue. 
  • For me, It seems that this stuff is for groups rather than Individuals. I did get 5 ear-rings but gave up the quests chain after that.
  • ParnocParnoc Posts: 236
    @Bleak Not much info to send to you Bleak, I play EC Pinco's and I think all versions of UO have this, it just made our quest logs broken, what do we need to tell you more? 
    Bleak said:
    The fix for the broken quest log issue is currently in testing will be resolved in our next publish. The client crash issue has not been reproduced and more specific data will need to be sent to us directly to help resolve this issue. 

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    Parnoc said:
    @ Bleak Not much info to send to you Bleak, I play EC Pinco's and I think all versions of UO have this, it just made our quest logs broken, what do we need to tell you more? 
    Bleak said:

It is not on all shards.  Nobody on LS has either issue. He said they are testing the fix for the quest log.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    put back the quest before the issue is fixed !
  • AaylaAayla Posts: 170
    This is amazing how this is lead. If there's a lead lol Other games, FREE games, would have compensate us in HOURS after the mistake was made. We PAY for this game and they treat us like ... (I won't say anything else or Mariah's hammer of justice will strike me)

I don't, I really don't understand how this company is managed. We can't be heard anywhere. When there's a M&G it's cancelled 1 out of 2 and answer is basically "No" "Thank you for your comment (but I don't care)" "Send me an email)" When it's on the forums, besides Kryonix, who answers once or twice per month, no one else is trying to calm us or even participate in the community. 

If this was my business, I would be very worried. But maybe UO's Goddess Mesana is just fine cashing her paycheck and laugh at us.

I had cancelled my accounts but a guild member asked me to comeback and THIS is why I cancelled at first.

POOR managing, POOR communication, POOR ... I'll stop there.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "in all fairness,
    • this was explained to be a temporary quest, 
    • the quest had already been running for around 3 months! 
    • they did not specify an exact end date, 
    • not many people were even still doing the quest."
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • AaylaAayla Posts: 170
    Khyro said:

Now let's talk about keeping true to your word and past statements. I direct you to the recent Baja M&G transcript:

https://stratics.com/uo/2021/04/28/developer-meet-and-greet-baja-april-27th-2021/

The snippet in particular I will reference:

[Frank Castle]: I have a question about Soulless Seduction. On the forums you said the quest would be available for the duration of the event
    [Frank Castle]: Do you have any hard dates on when you plan to turn that off?
    [Kyronix ]: Probably sometime in the Fall when we move to our next event cycle
    [Kyronix ]: But not hard dates right now
    [Kyronix ]: So all I can say is play away
    [Kyronix ]: grins
    [Frank Castle]: Ok, so at least not going away when The Alchemist’s Abomination comes out
    [Frank Castle]: Wasn’t sure just how fast I needed to grind that quest!
    [Kyronix ]: No, definitely not
    [Kyronix ]: When I mentioned event cycle
    [Kyronix ]: I meant everything through to Treasures of Wildfire
    [Kyronix ]: The events we teased out in teh Newsletter a few months back
    [Frank Castle]: Ok, thank you for clarifying

So it was stated at a M&G that the event would last the duration of this event cycle, through Treasure of Wildfire, and end sometime in the Fall. If you want to get pedantic, Fall officially begins the end of September.

Yoshi said:
    "in all fairness,

No they said it would be removed in Fall. July isn't Fall.
    “No they didn’t, they said probably, probably doesn’t mean definitely, definitely means definitely, probably means probably”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    edited August 2021
    The silence on the reason for the abrupt/early end to the event, AFTER @Kyronix heavily implied/inferred/insinuated it would last until fall, is both sad, and is an indication of the state of UO, and its "developers". 
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • Mene_DrachenfelsMene_Drachenfels Posts: 245
    edited August 2021
    Bleak said:

@Bleak - Apparently my delicate voice here was loud enough after all, when you hear it from Germany in Silicon Valleyj ;)

Wow... really quick reaction under the given circumstances! Thanks a lot!

Thanks for the enlightening information and the quickest possible damage limitation. Now if we only knew when the next bug fix is planned, everything would be perfect. It would be even more perfect if this kind of information would not always be lost in the forums, but would also appear on the main page. That's the place to go for most people, and as you can see above, such messages are also posted on the UOA Patcher.
    *snip*

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

edited August 2021
    keven2002 said:

I play CC and that's the gump I get too when starting up UO (I use UOA so technically start up UOA).

Yes I do that too, but my Gump looks like this. This white field is stupid - I also want to have this great Gump. Do I have to do anything special in the settings or how do I get it?

edited August 2021

"Language is the source of all misunderstandings". Says the Little Prince in the book by the French author Saint-Exupéry. Yet language is supposed to be a means to better understand each other, right?
    Aayla said:
    Khyro said:

Now let's talk about keeping true to your word and past statements. I direct you to the recent Baja M&G transcript:

https://stratics.com/uo/2021/04/28/developer-meet-and-greet-baja-april-27th-2021/

The snippet in particular I will reference:

[Frank Castle]: I have a question about Soulless Seduction. On the forums you said the quest would be available for the duration of the event
    [Frank Castle]: Do you have any hard dates on when you plan to turn that off?
    [Kyronix ]: Probably sometime in the Fall when we move to our next event cycle
    [Kyronix ]: But not hard dates right now
    [Kyronix ]: So all I can say is play away
    [Kyronix ]: grins
    [Frank Castle]: Ok, so at least not going away when The Alchemist’s Abomination comes out
    [Frank Castle]: Wasn’t sure just how fast I needed to grind that quest!
    [Kyronix ]: No, definitely not
    [Kyronix ]: When I mentioned event cycle
    [Kyronix ]: The events we teased out in teh Newsletter a few months back
    [Frank Castle]: Ok, thank you for clarifying

So it was stated at a M&G that the event would last the duration of this event cycle, through Treasure of Wildfire, and end sometime in the Fall. If you want to get pedantic, Fall officially begins the end of September.

Yoshi said:
    "in all fairness,

No they said it would be removed in Fall. July isn't Fall.
    Yoshi said:
    “No they didn’t, they said probably, probably doesn’t mean definitely, definitely means definitely, probably means probably”

This is another excellent example of the fact that language is not the perfect tool when you get vague answers to concrete questions that could come from the Oracle of Delphi, but do not really provide any concrete clarification. As a German - even though my English is not the worst - I have to run such things through a translator every time to be sure that I have really understood what is being said, precisely because English is not my mother tongue. Since I am also hard of hearing from birth, my eyes have to replace my ears, so I need written text for better understanding. If someone then becomes cryptic and possibly even uses colloquial language that cannot be found in any dictionary for English translations, then logically - and not only for me - the confusion is great and misunderstandings are pre-programmed. Until at some point you ask yourself: are we even talking about the same.

I experience this again and again. This is by no means nice - on the contrary. These problems and misunderstandings would never have arisen if there had been clarity right from the start. And yes - this kind of information practice is not OK.

Please get used to clearer, fact-based communication in future. People who work also make mistakes, but please don't make any more mistakes that can be avoided from the start.

@Mene_Drachenfels you need to perform a full file check. Just takes a few minutes and you will be able to see the log in info.

Also the things on it are from the bottom of the UO.com page. You are asking them to do what they have been doing for years.
    Yoshi said:
    He said when they move to the next event cycle. They have not done that yet.
    They turned it off early. Accept the fact.
    edited August 2021
    Pawain said:
    @ Mene_Drachenfels you need to perform a full file check. Just takes a few minutes and you will be able to see the log in info.

Also the things on it are from the bottom of the UO.com page. You are asking them to do what they have been doing for years.
    Pawain of the fast kind ;) Again, you only glanced at what I wrote with a cursory eye, didn't you?

I had said above that the full file check has run, but still this gump with the white area pops up. So what I get this gump? 

If I still have to make some changes to my settings in UOA, it would be no problem for someone to post a picture of it here and I'll do it.

And I didn't ask the devs to fix it - it's fine if they've been doing it for years - I'm not God All-Knowing! I asked for posting the mirror messages on the firste page of this website for to see it in this patcher gump than! 

Sorry I just use basic Classic Client.  I am not an assistant for added programs.

Go to UO.com to see what is in the white area, or only use the downloaded client.
    edited August 2021
    Yes I do that too, but my Gump looks like this. This white field is stupid - I also want to have this great Gump. Do I have to do anything special in the settings or how do I get it?

“this looks like behaviour of some sort of internet pop-up blocker, do you have an anti-malware program running?”
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Well since everyone is fighting about semantics,

What he said:

What I take from that is that is was going to run up until ToW, not THROUGH ToW.

Through to......

I ended up buying the Carcass and the Crucible off a vendor (Thank you for whoever that was) because I got really tired of doing the quest and getting the same thing over and over. I did manage to get one pair of earrings so my set is complete.

BUT that's not the point, I know....but honestly I take what he said to mean up UNTIL ToW and that once the Dungeon part of the event started, everything else would stop.

Either way, it was a fun, though monotonous event (Yukio's Quest) and it will be a very long time before I kill any of those mobs again! (Except Kappa cus I use their seeds)

I started ToW a month late and only have time to go into the dungeon for a few hours a day so I am up to a whopping 43 drops! Hoping to get all of the deco stuff and maybe a complete set of some sort of armor for my Treasures Of Mannequin wall :)

I am just thankful that there is always something new to do now and cannot wait for the next event.

Thanks Team.

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    keven2002 said:

I just loaded UOA and it loaded UO fine with NO blank screen.  
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Sometimes I see the blank screen too, and I think its due to local network connection issue which is temporary. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Seth said:
    Sometimes I see the blank screen too, and I think its due to local network connection issue which is temporary. 
    When UO.com is down you get an error box. But the screen is not white.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Pawain said:
    Seth said:
    When UO.com is down you get an error box. But the screen is not white.
    Need to clarify I didn't see the white screen, but the news side is taking time to show up, which is why I thought was due to network connection issue. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    edited August 2021
     I had this screen from the beginning, that this patcher years ago - of course again without any warning - from the producer side - was simply played. I do not know otherwise and thought until just a few days ago, that would be normal.

Yesterday afternoon, my life partner, who knows 150% as a former system admin in such things and also maintains the home network here, took a look. He says that nothing is blocked - neither by Internet pop-up blockers, nor by anti-malware, nor by any other firewall. And I have admin rights, because no one else here plays UO.

But because I don't have any peace and I would like to have this now, because the info from the website is really good, I "dug" in the game files myself... well and found this:

The necessary files, images and scripts are all there, namely in "notes" folder, but from some even for my super-IT-ler here at home is not recognizable, why the patcher does not access it.  Strangely though, when you click on the readme.html, you get what you should see in this white screen....

After I discovered this, there was again hint from me to my life partner. He has checked everything again, but again found nothing...

This afternoon I uninstalled and reinstalled UO Assist - but that didn't help - the problem persists...*sigh*.

What I also notice is - that in my Gump is also Classic, which is missing in TimSt Grafik... *ruminate*

My assumption as a non-IT-ler is, that right when this new patcher was installed years ago, there was already an error. Who cares about that - after all, the thing patches, and the game starts. Actually, so far quite good, and I can live well with it - no issue. But in this way, an info would immediately jump into your eye, that something is happening again on the developer side.

Maybe now only a complete uninstall and reinstallation helps *again sigh*.   

edited August 2021
    You can go to UO.com and read the things that would be there.  Most of us pass that screen without reading it.

Did you try loading with the UO.exe file and the UOPatch.exe file? I think you only need to start with the patch exe if you are running multiple instances.