First Aid Belt not blessed on Mugen

2»

Comments

• Goldie said:
    hi  ForeverFun what is the "old" first aid belt drop behavior that your speaking of, post pic so I can see it.  UOguide is still down so I can't search it. 
    Thank you

I asked a question about exactly that.  If the old version of the belt (e.g. from Khaldun) can be blessed, then there is more of a case to make to allow the new version to be blessed.
  • Hosteen said:
    I didn't post about this to start a seige vs production shard fight. I play on both the seige and the production shards, I like the variety.

As was stated by someone earlier, this is a quality of life item. It's not going to give anyone an advantage. It's just be nice to be able to rez your pet after you've been killed by the pk'ers
    We know, you weren't the one that did. it was another poster who took your post and turned it into that.  just post your thoughts and ideas and ignore the drama. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    I am happy the Devs listened to feedback and included a set end date for this champion spawn. I am glad the devs listened, and added the popular bandage belt at the next opportunity they had.  There was a thread about how the event deco would be even better if it had some sort of function - and the devs listened to that, too. I am enjoying the super cute dartboard/butte drops, and I am having fun building a little collection of them. These are good things. I do not want my objections with the bandage belt to overshadow my love of Ultima Online and my respect for the team that keeps it alive.

The problem is that more and more 'new' content does not really apply to my shard. It may as well not exist - and in many cases, does not exist. The number of non-blessable, limited-time-only rewards is starting to pile up over the years. Items, quests, changes to entire DUNGEONS have been omitted. In every instance, I understand why. None of these changes or event items are ever essential to game play and would take time to make it fit our ruleset. We just continue to play the game as we did before the new content existed, nothing changes. But the fact is that there is a bitter taste in the back of the throat when one starts to feel left out and forgotten too often.

I understand the team is small, and can't justify too much time devoted to just 2 shards out of 27. Really, just one shard since Mugen has a trammel facet and does not get left out as often as Siege does. Still... it would be greatly appreciated if the team could squeeze in some time to make a quick "make this item Siege-Blessable" check every time a new event item is invented so that we can at least use that new content. This belt is minor, but there have been and will be new items that are not. What I am trying to accomplish with this thread is more of a big picture, long term kind of thing.

For those asking, the original belt was stripped of its trammel blessing, as most Siege/Mugen residents would expect. Objections were voiced about it not being siege-blessable, but it's not exactly an uber item so not much time and effort was spent on raising a ruckus over it. My current objections are not really even about the belt. I just want to make it standard practice for the Devs to make anything new Siege-Blessable from this point onward unless there is some specific reason not to. (I.e. resources, stackable item, consumables, etc).

I know my posts can be a bit long at times, and I've been trying really hard to keep my thoughts and opinions to myself more. But I feel very strongly about this as it applies to the future of my shard with regards to New Legacy.
  • Tanager said:
    I am happy the Devs listened to feedback and included a set end date for this champion spawn. I am glad the devs listened, and added the popular bandage belt at the next opportunity they had.  There was a thread about how the event deco would be even better if it had some sort of function - and the devs listened to that, too. I am enjoying the super cute dartboard/butte drops, and I am having fun building a little collection of them. These are good things. I do not want my objections with the bandage belt to overshadow my love of Ultima Online and my respect for the team that keeps it alive.

The problem is that more and more 'new' content does not really apply to my shard. It may as well not exist - and in many cases, does not exist. The number of non-blessable, limited-time-only rewards is starting to pile up over the years. Items, quests, changes to entire DUNGEONS have been omitted. In every instance, I understand why. None of these changes or event items are ever essential to game play and would take time to make it fit our ruleset. We just continue to play the game as we did before the new content existed, nothing changes. But the fact is that there is a bitter taste in the back of the throat when one starts to feel left out and forgotten too often.

I understand the team is small, and can't justify too much time devoted to just 2 shards out of 27. Really, just one shard since Mugen has a trammel facet and does not get left out as often as Siege does. Still... it would be greatly appreciated if the team could squeeze in some time to make a quick "make this item Siege-Blessable" check every time a new event item is invented so that we can at least use that new content. This belt is minor, but there have been and will be new items that are not. What I am trying to accomplish with this thread is more of a big picture, long term kind of thing.

For those asking, the original belt was stripped of its trammel blessing, as most Siege/Mugen residents would expect. Objections were voiced about it not being siege-blessable, but it's not exactly an uber item so not much time and effort was spent on raising a ruckus over it. My current objections are not really even about the belt. I just want to make it standard practice for the Devs to make anything new Siege-Blessable from this point onward unless there is some specific reason not to. (I.e. resources, stackable item, consumables, etc).

I know my posts can be a bit long at times, and I've been trying really hard to keep my thoughts and opinions to myself more. But I feel very strongly about this as it applies to the future of my shard with regards to New Legacy.
    Long posts?? naaah, they are short in comparison to some . . .     as for the rest of it, I personally am not bothered by the lack of blessability because in the end I play Siege because of the people and do not need items to have fun. one way or another we all get through it together. and as far as them giving Siege less attention, with the old code being a mess of Silly putty and bailing wire, it's probably better left alone at this point. I have confidence they can always fix it, but why break it in the first place. Just my opinion of course.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    It’s probably just a property on the backend that needs a value adjustment (SiegeBless=“True”) for example. I don’t think it would be that difficult tbh. 
  • Gotta remember to bookmark this thread.
  • GoldieGoldie Posts: 142
    Hi Devs is it possible to make it so I can siege bless this First Aid Belt.  I would really like the chance to decide if I want to use it or not.  Right now all it does is sit in the bank, I can't use it, first time I get pked with it on its going to be taken.  Its a one drop per account boss item.  

Thank you
    Bump to the top for good measures :)
    Bump to the top for a Happy Thanksgiving to all that celebrate it on the 26th
    Bump to have Mulgen and Siege be able to have their First Aid Belts bless able :)
              I don't play Mugen shard, so I'm not sure if they are able to do a 1 personal bless item like siege blessing can. 

Thank you
    Hi hope everyone that celebrates thanksgiving had a great time, I also hope the Devs had great time also. 
      I hope the Devs have time now to take a peek at this post about the First Aid Belt off the Ish boss, maybe give a response  :)          

Thank you :)

Siege Blessing it be nice  :)

Sorry Mugen I do apologize for hijacking your post about your terrible time with your First aid belt getting taken. 
    And I am not sure no one posted to let me know if you guys have are able to do 1 blessable item like we do on Siege.  I am pushing for that to happen :)
    Bump

Bump

I have not forgotten i'd like the devs to read and comment on this post :)

Maybe make a change to this belt 

Thank you :)

Siege Blessing it please
    Bump

I would like to use this first aid belt, its getting dusty sitting in the bank.   

Devs plz :)     ty
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    Rule 5 of the Terms of Service.
    No Spamming or Bumping - Posts with little or no content intended merely to raise a thread to the top of the board will be removed. Threads addressing the same topic on multiple forums will be removed.

Please stop bumping this thread.
  • Maybe, just maybe...if there was any Dev communication these threads would die away. Just say something one way or another ffs. 
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    jelinidas said:
    Maybe, just maybe...if there was any Dev communication these threads would die away. Just say something one way or another ffs. 
    Yeah for real. The lack of communication just gives the impression we are all here pointing things out to each other or ourselves with no communication from any of the developers. It’s discouraging. I know they are busy but once a week responding to a few things would be incredible at this point. 

Like reporting bugs in the Bugs section. It wouldn’t take much time to just be like “Yes this is a confirmed bug and we logged it”. 

This thread right here, they could just be like “we hear you. We will make it blessed in the next patch” or “At this time no change will be made”. 

Instead we can just post into the void... who cares.... that’s the sentiment.  
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    “Yes I know Mugen is a Siege rules set, yes I know open world pvp is part of that rule set. But after spending over an hour with 3 of us trying to kill the boss, dying multiple times, only to be pk'd immediately after the boss dies and looted of the unblessed belt really sucks.”

Sounds like here that you are accepting the risk as is present in the rule set and expecting something different when you face the consequences of that decision?  Thanks for the feedback, and we encourage additional discussion by the community!
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited December 2020
    Kyronix said:
    “Yes I know Mugen is a Siege rules set, yes I know open world pvp is part of that rule set. But after spending over an hour with 3 of us trying to kill the boss, dying multiple times, only to be pk'd immediately after the boss dies and looted of the unblessed belt really sucks.”

Sounds like here that you are accepting the risk as is present in the rule set and expecting something different when you face the consequences of that decision?  Thanks for the feedback, and we encourage additional discussion by the community!
    @Kyronix ;

That does not compute well, does it ?

https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/47758/#Comment_47758

Quivers are containers (and so are ninja belts) BUT, they can be blessed, even on Siege and Mugen, is my understanding (that particular ruleset is not my cup of tea so, I do not care much personally about all this...).

So, why on earth should First Aid Belts which only contain cheap, disposable bandages not be able to be likewise blessed to avoid such differences and inequalities, ESPECIALLY, since I see players who say they play those Shards and rulesets on these Forums who are asking to you Devs with so much insistence to please make these belts blessable ?

If you can make your players' base happy and thus make their gaming experience more enjoyable and entertaining, why not do it ?
    @Kyronix    Thank you for responding to this post :)   
  • popps said:
    Kyronix said:

@ Kyronix 

Quivers are containers (and so are ninja belts) BUT, they can be blessed, even on Siege and Mugen, is my understanding (that particular ruleset is not my cup of tea so, I do not care much personally about all this...).

So, why on earth should First Aid Belts which only contain cheap, disposable bandages not be able to be likewise blessed to avoid such differences and inequalities, ESPECIALLY, since I see players who say they play those Shards and rulesets on these Forums who are asking to you Devs with so much insistence to please make these belts blessable ?

If you can make your players' base happy and thus make their gaming experience more enjoyable and entertaining, why not do it ?

Popps you said it yourself, you don't even play Siege or Mugen so please stay out of this.
    Also you're wrong in assuming that only because 2 Siege players post about something they represent all the shard.
    Siege needs less blessed items, not more.
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    edited December 2020
    *sigh* 

Never mind.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    popps said:
    Kyronix said:

@ Kyronix 

Popps you said it yourself, you don't even play Siege or Mugen so please stay out of this.
    Also you're wrong in assuming that only because 2 Siege players post about something they represent all the shard.
    Siege needs less blessed items, not more.
    As we all well know, those players who browse these forums are a little percentage of all UO players so, if you want to play with numbers, you should count that particular ruleset players posting on this Forum with whatever players from those particular Shard ruleset actually browse these Forums.... and how many there are who actually do browse and post on these Forums ? 5 ? 6 ? maybe 10 ?

And, actually, I counted more then 2 actually asking for the belt becoming blessed... I counted at least 4 if not 5 players speaking somewhat in favour of the belt becoming blessed...

Which, if the entire population of Siege/Mugen ruleset players on these Forums totals about 10, would be roughly 50%....

Everything is relative....

And how many would support it is not even relevant, to my viewing, what is relevant is that Ultima Onine is a game and, by definition, it needs to be enjoyed when being played.

If an addition to the game can enhance players' gameplay, and my understanding from the reasons added by posters for the first aid belt to become blessed do seem to point towards that, then, as I see it, making this a reality should be a granted, not even a questionable thing.

Even you yourself (https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/49936/#Comment_49936) said that making it blessed would not be a problem.

Which is true, it has no godly properties and is merely a container for cheap, disposable bandages...

Why then a ninja belt which can carry heavily poisoned shurikens can be blessed instead ?

Surely, heavily poisoned shurikens can have a way bigger impact in the game...

And what about quivers then ? Don't perhaps arrows kill ?

So, why in the end the inexplicable double standard, and for what then ? For a bare container of some cheap, disposable bandages ?

Go figure.....
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    @Max_Blackoak ; Popps does not have to go to Siege to know how many play there or their opinions on the issue.  He is clearly clairvoyant. 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • popps said:

Even you yourself (https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/49936/#Comment_49936) said that making it blessed would not be a problem.

You're confusing blessed items with the possibility to Siege bless them. Big difference that you obviously don't understand because you have 0 experience with Siege Perilous.

Again, just leave this topic alone. It doesn't concern you, you don't play on Siege, you won't be affected by any of this. Leave this to the people who actually play there and are affected. Thank you.