Problem with Lumberjack's Heartwood Map

I got a lumberjack map as a BOD reward for the first time today and I do not understand how it works.

When I double-click the map I get a section in a popup similar to a treasure map - but without any markers. What does this mean for my search? Should I now chop every one of the estimated 500 trees?

And what is the meaning of the charges? How does a charge consume itself?

I would be very grateful for hints.
Tagged:

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,945Moderator
    You will need a sextant, unless you are playing in EC. the map gives coordinates of where to find the tree group it refers to. Charges will go down as you chop the tree.
  • Thank you, Mariah. 

After making the sextant and comparing it with the information in the map display in the EC I was able to find the tree. The 55 charges that the map had probably meant 55 chops on the tree before it became 'normal' again.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,083
    Correct. Pro tip: Get the reward in Fel for double resources.
  • ParnocParnoc Posts: 236
    When did they start giving out Lumberjack BODs?

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,945Moderator
    A lumberjack map as a Carpentry bod reward or a Fletching bod reward
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Basically you go to the location that is the direct center of the map. Having one of the corresponding woodsman talismans helps with doubling the quantity. I usually wait until I have 2 bods that can get me a map and talisman. 
  • Yeah, that‘s what I did. Map and Talisman. Resulted in 900 logs. Next time I try Felucca.