Character Transfer Steps

TreseTrese Posts: 3
edited November 2020 in General Discussions
  of an inexperienced player.  I found no clear directions on how to do this.  Posting this to help others.

1.  Go to and buy a transfer token. Not recommended (Mariah)
  2.  They send you an email asking what shard (the one you are currently on). No
  3.  Meet the delivery character at a moongate of the shard you are on for a transfer.  No
      (I thought it meant the shard I was going to, so the deliverer went there first and after a few emails I        got it straight)
  4.  Go to the bank and put your gold in a transfer account. (I didn't do this and lost all my gold)
  5.  Go to an Inn or Tavern.  
  6.  You can't be mounted.
  7.  Double click the token and it will bring up the shards and you choose the one you want to go to.
  8.  It takes quite awhile for the transfer process and you can't play on the game while this is done.
  9.  They sent me to Magincia in front of the Inn.  
 10.  Had transfer crates to unpack.  Accidently right clicked on one and it disappeared and I didn't      know  how to get it back.   Got on chat help and they didn't know how either.  Then somebody on forum said to click the character.  So simple, but I didn't know.  Thanks helper.
 11.  Got timed out at the bank and when I logged in I was automatically killed by a bone knight that was in the bank.
      Ran all around town trying to find a healer.  Finally did almost too late.  Had to find the bank again.  
      Recovered stuff on body and ran from the bone knight.  Finally escaped.  Logged out at the Inn.
12.  You can't transfer another character for around 24 hours.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    edited November 2020
    umm replace step 1 - 3 with a legal way...
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    edited November 2020
    Totally agree with @Pawain about your steps 1-3.  Also on step #4 you did not lose any gold, it is still on you account on your old shard.  Where are your steps for your 5 packies.  Step #8 is BS, you can still play UO just not the shard you xfer from or to.

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/player/character-transfer-token/
  • AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    is this an ad? 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    It is very much NOT recommended that you buy tokens from any source other than the official one.
    However, having read of your difficulties I will edit the appropriate page for more clarification.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Weird "bone knight" appearing at the bank, sounds like invasion.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Seth said:
    I've had bone knights show up as far as the Britain docks. Because of Halloween things like bone knights can enter cities and not get guard wacked.  Last year I was killed in the Britain Commons by a bone knight that had wondered into town chasing after someone who got too close to the cemetery.  
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    TimSt said:
    Seth said:
    I've had bone knights show up as far as the Britain docks. Because of Halloween things like bone knights can enter cities and not get guard wacked.  Last year I was killed in the Britain Commons by a bone knight that had wondered into town chasing after someone who got too close to the cemetery.  
    Actually, I had the same issue during invasion earlier. I was transferred into Moonglow but luckily the location was close to the gate at the south. The spawn happen to be clearing up so I ran out of the city quickly.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Seth said:
    TimSt said:
    Seth said:
    Actually, I had the same issue during invasion earlier. I was transferred into Moonglow but luckily the location was close to the gate at the south. The spawn happen to be clearing up so I ran out of the city quickly.
    Just thought of something mischievous to try. Lure a few skeletons into Blackthorn's Castle at the start of an EM Event.  Do it on an EJ account using a throwaway email address so it does not lead back to you.  Maybe then the devs will let them get guard wacked.