Attractive sub features to lure in free players

2»

Comments

• InLorInLor Posts: 411
    Yes, we really need a like button for the umpteenth doom & gloom post about UO and EJ. Very original.

Brainstorming cool subscriber perks is not mutually exclusive with brainstorming a good marketing effort after EJ's soft launch, nor the idea that UO will need the later. But half of this community just can't resist the temptation to spend all day posting negative crap on the forums.

Mods, give these people their own little corner so they can moan there all day long.

A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    grouphug
  • InLor said:
    I agree EJ players should just have a limited bank box. Broadsword already said they're looking into it. In the meantime, they can cheaply rent storage. I don't think there well be zero free players, sigh.. 

So there's a rent storage option currently? How does that work?
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
  • InLor said:
    ...In the meantime, they can cheaply rent storage.
    ??  How can they rent storage?  They can't access secure containers in houses, so what are they renting an how?
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    So do already paying subs get all these perks?
    These are suggestions for subscriber perks. End of story. They would perhaps not get welcoming gifts. An account would have to be  dormant for 120 days or longer or longer
    LOL another shaft the loyal subs that have kept this boat afloat, YEA.
    You are barely reading and comprehending, mostly trolling.  ALL subs get these perks. The welcoming gifts are minor and just a nice touch.
  • crunchnastycrunchnasty Posts: 241
    Its not the end of UO.. lol wtf are u ppl talking about? Its about progress, not perfection. The devs are working on it. Just play the game.
  • MeggieMeggie Posts: 20
    edited April 2018
    KHAN said:
    In my opinion, This is a lot of time and effort spent over nothing. Because let's be honest. Does ANYONE really believe that EJ is really going to bring in NEW players? Not me. I believe what we end up with is very few truly new players and a bit more "returnee's". Who will stick around for maybe a month. I suspect the majority of the EJ players will be people who CLOSE PAYING ACCOUNTS! How will that help EA/BS/UO's bottom line? Not to mention the players who will just leave when they see the abuse/scripting/multiboxxing/etc... from the EJ accounts. (I hope I am wrong here but I'm not holding my breath). 

I love this game, with all of it's faults, and I sure hope I am wrong here. But, I have a REALLY bad feeling that EJ is a "last ditch" effort to keep the game going, and when it fails, it could be the end of UO. 

The only saving grace would be that I can take solace in the fact that the RMT people (of which there are more than people think, and some SURPRISING well known names) will be out of a job! 

That is exactly how I feel *frowns* hope it won't be
  • Tough to follow up Khans post. Truth is a statement that can be ignored but can not be denied. 

That said what about our future. If there was a moment in last 10 years to see ultima make a return this is it.

What can we as players do to influence new players to stay.  If today was your first day of ultima online what would you expect.

For me it is other people. I would have gave up one day one if I didn't immediately get started with other players running around. 

The benefit I would like to see for a new EJ account would be to automatically be put into a large population shard unless you are a vet account. To many choices and to few populations

Meggie said:
    KHAN said:
    In my opinion, This is a lot of time and effort spent over nothing. Because let's be honest. Does ANYONE really believe that EJ is really going to bring in NEW players? Not me. I believe what we end up with is very few truly new players and a bit more "returnee's". Who will stick around for maybe a month. I suspect the majority of the EJ players will be people who CLOSE PAYING ACCOUNTS! How will that help EA/BS/UO's bottom line? Not to mention the players who will just leave when they see the abuse/scripting/multiboxxing/etc... from the EJ accounts. (I hope I am wrong here but I'm not holding my breath). 

I love this game, with all of it's faults, and I sure hope I am wrong here. But, I have a REALLY bad feeling that EJ is a "last ditch" effort to keep the game going, and when it fails, it could be the end of UO. 

The only saving grace would be that I can take solace in the fact that the RMT people (of which there are more than people think, and some SURPRISING well known names) will be out of a job! 

That is exactly how I feel *frowns* hope it won't be
    Sadly the truth hurts
    InLor said:
    You are barely reading and comprehending, mostly trolling.  ALL subs get these perks. The welcoming gifts are minor and just a nice touch.
    Please show me anywhere it states that existing player would also get these perks when you title

Is about perks to lure the F2P players maybe you should take some writing courses oh how to state things properly when none of us here have a degree in mind reading.
    Bilbo said:
    InLor said:
    Please show me anywhere it states that existing player would also get these perks when you title

Is about perks to lure the F2P players maybe you should take some writing courses oh how to state things properly when none of us here have a degree in mind reading.
    SUB FEATURES. FEATURES OF SUBSCRIBING. To lure in free players TO SUBSCRIBE.
  • I like your ideas InLor but honestly what keeps returning players around is having a group of friends to play the game with. 

I am just returning now, EJ sparked my interest and I resubbed. My plan is to run a guild on Atlantic (maybe Great Lakes) and recruit players new and old that just want to enjoy the game together. Hopefully creating a enjoyable community for EJ players and myself.
    Community is very important. Of course. :)