Fishing 120 PS

I know you need to do professional fishing quest to get any fishing PS, but is there any min. skill required for fishing in order to get a 120 PS? Or I have at least progress post 105 so I can get dungeon fish request for 120 PS as a reward? 

Thanks.
Tagged:

Comments

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Only need gold to buy fishing sot and 120 ps at Atlantic  :D
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,930Moderator
    You will need to be doing the highest level of fishing quests. https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/gameplay/quests/crafter-quests-fishing/

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Seth said:
    Only need gold to buy fishing sot and 120 ps at Atlantic  :D
    Even though he's a sig stealer, I'll have to agree with Seth. Don't waste your time trying to get a 120 youself, the payoff is not worth the effort that you'll put out. 120 fishing is a big disappointment, if you want it though, get the gold and buy it.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • About how long does it take to get one through the quests?
    Loyal to the Pacific Shard since 1998!
  • @Seth & @Garth_Grey

You know some people ACTUALLY WANT to play the game, not buy it. If they wanted to BUY EVERYTHING don't you think they'd just go play Shroud of the Avatar?   Players like you two are part of the problem, how about trying to be part of the solution for a change?
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    I don't always agree with Luc but this time I do. If you enjoy fishing, work up to that powerscroll. It's a great feeling finally getting your own. I think you need to get to 106.1 to start getting orders for dungeon fish.
  • Also use a scroll binder. I got one 120  from binding the lower ones at about the same time as I got my first 120 one. 

• RorschachRorschach Posts: 501Moderator
    I have removed posts due to terms of service issues. Please be mindful of the terms of service and post with courtesy and respect for the differences of play style.
    Yeah thanks for leaving his reply that Seth and I are part of the problem.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    @ Seth & @ Garth_Grey

You know some people ACTUALLY WANT to play the game, not buy it. If they wanted to BUY EVERYTHING don't you think they'd just go play Shroud of the Avatar?   Players like you two are part of the problem, how about trying to be part of the solution for a change?
    What is wrong with proposing an alternative solution to buy the skills using game gold? This is not an exploit and its a legitimate method. If it was never meant to be bought then block it from getting into vendors back pack.

BTW I did train my first fisherman during the days when 8x8 was the method. And I have another 2 that I bought up the skills after my 3rd time getting back into the game. That was after losing my soulstones with skills when my castle fell. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • ParnocParnoc Posts: 236
    edited August 2020
    My experience is that you get one 120 PS in about 100-150 trade orders.  I got my first one when I was only about 105.  I would say I have done a LOT of orders though.
    I've sort of given fishing up since there are no new rewards and the ones we are given mostly I have or are worthless anyhow.   I don't understand why we have received NO new items or anything making us want to keep doing fishing orders.
  • AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    Parnoc said:
    My experience is that you get one 120 PS in about 100-150 trade orders.  I got my first one when I was only about 105.  I would say I have done a LOT of orders though.
    I've sort of given fishing up since there are no new rewards and the ones we are given mostly I have or are worthless anyhow.   I don't understand why we have received NO new items or anything making us want to keep doing fishing orders.
    Parnoc, are you saying it's indeed possible to get a 120 PS at 105 skill? 

one thing i want to avoid is to get the dungeon fish order and so if you can get 120 PS at 105 then I won't get my skill pass this point. 
    From Aragorn - Parnoc, are you saying it's indeed possible to get a 120 PS at 105 skill? 

As I said above "about" 105 skill.  I think I was probably about 106 or 107 but I really am not sure.  I keep or kept very good records but I didn't list my skill level on my notes.  I will tell you, they drop very slowly, 100-150 orders done takes some real time but if you need the baits and the other stuff it's still quite rewarding.  Bear in mind this is our good ole UO RNB so you could get one on the first large order or you could do 300-500 orders to get your first. You WILL get, as the person above says, lots of 105's,110's and 115's so you can put them together, I've got a few 120's by doing that.  I am not at home right now so I cannot lookup the recorded order number for the first 120 but when i get home in a few days I will find it and post if for you.

Thank you Parnoc and I will wait for your update. 
    so it seems you do need dungeon fish to get 120 scroll as reward, i will get my skill beyond 105 in this case. thanks all. 
    Sorry, just got home yesterday and it seems my records of those early orders are still in the US so I don't have access to them, but yeah, to be safe and sure, make sure you get above 105.  Not hard to get dungeon fish, just ask your fisherfriends and they'll show you some easy places to fish without getting into a heap of trouble. 

My 120s were all received after a 6x20 dungeon/namedcrablobster order. It doesn't mean they all 6 have to be dungeon fish. I've also received a charybdis bait with the same order type, so it's also not a guaranteed 120.

• MargeMarge Posts: 720
    One easy place for dungeon fish is the Mushroom Cave - the cave area that has the access point to the Twisted Weld (Cu spot). It doesn't look like much room there but after you fish out all the spots; the timer is reset and you can start again.
    There are also little islands in the bottom level of Shame that are safe to fish. (Either take a mage to hide and mark the islands or ask someone who already did.) There will be some serpents and krackens that swim next to the islands but they can't reach you to attack. (You can reach them to kill but you can't reach the bodies to loot.)
    All of Eodon was awesome for dungeon fishing until @Kyronix decided for whatever reason to turn it off.

Thanks for the suggestion, I also realized Despise on Tram upper level is great if you have positive karma, as you won't be attacked so it's 100% safe. 
    I DID it!

It was a 240 points order for the following fishes

20 x Cape Cod
    20 x Gray Snapper
    20 x Pumpkinseed Sunfish
    20 x Kokanee Salmon
    20 x Infernal Tuna
    20 x Lurker Fish

It was an amazing moment and now I will take my time slowly to raise the skill to 120....... 

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,911
     :) 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    Congrats!!
    edited August 2020
    Congratulations!!!   Wow, you did that fast, you musta been working day and night on those orders!!!!  Or the RNG likes you, one of the two or both, heh!!

edited August 2020
    Thanks all.

Parnoc, I've actually done only around 50 or so order since I've passed 105 and given I can buy fishes from New Magincia I don't really need to fish all the fishes by myself, and the fact that due to covid everyone is staying home 24 hrs a day aren't we. But judging from people's response that you need to do 200 -300 orders for a 120 PS I do believe the RNG likes me this time :smiley:. In summary I've got 6 x 105 PS, 1 x 110 PS and 0 x 115 PS before this 120 so yes I'm lucky!
  • Lady_StormLady_Storm Posts: 400
    The system does work    you just must work at it a little.  If your like the rest of us who love the fishing its no issue.
    Aragorn said:
    Thanks all.

Parnoc, I've actually done only around 50 or so order since I've passed 105 and given I can buy fishes from New Magincia I don't really need to fish all the fishes by myself, and the fact that due to covid everyone is staying home 24 hrs a day aren't we. But judging from people's response that you need to do 200 -300 orders for a 120 PS I do believe the RNG likes me this time :smiley:. In summary I've got 6 x 105 PS, 1 x 110 PS and 0 x 115 PS before this 120 so yes I'm lucky!

It's purely like everything else that is random in the game, our good ole RNG.  If, I remember correctly, I told you it could be your first one you turned in or could be the 500th.  I don't speak from a weak position tho, I keep a card (3x5 cut in half) for every order I turn in and each are numbered, my next order is now number 2,863 so I'm experienced, heh, and I actually did several before I started keeping records so I'm sure I'm over 3,000.  All this but it doesn't change the RNG one bit, I cannot even remember how long it has been since I've got a Charybdis bait and before I got several, ------ again, just the crappy RNG.  And I have lobster trapped a lot but I never keep records, I know I've gone through 2 bottles of the bait for that super rare lobster and never got one yet. 
  • Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 268
    <3 fishing & take it up in any game I’ve ever played that allows it. Working 24hr shifts, fishing has always been the thing to come home & relax doing so I can get some sleep lol. That said...

I agree w suggestion of just binding up scrolls for a 120fishing. Eventually you’ll end up w 2 bc it’ll drop right around the time u get 1 using binders or vice versa. Sell the 2nd for big bucks to pay for ur time... win - win. :)
  • This has inspired me to finish my second fisherman :)