How are people filling up their SOULBINDERS on Low Populated Shards ?

This question is not for those having ease to find others to put together a Group for a Scalis or a Corgul who can fill up several Soulbinders....

This question, is for those players who, instead, play on a low populated Shard, perhaps even at off hours where it is extremely hard to find others to go Hunt Together Foes like Scalis or Corgul who can easily fill up several Soulbinders....

What can players hunt, happening to play in such a scenario, that is, either on a Low Populated Shard or during "off hours" due to their particular daily schedule, that would give them a decent filling rate of their soulbinders in order to be able to then claim at least a few of the Rewards ?

A Mythical Soulbinder only awards 10,000 points and most of the Rewards require a lot of Points...

With Rewards needing 100,000, 150,000 or even 240/250,000 points, it is easy to see how, piling up 25, 30, 50 Mythical Soulbinders alone without doing Scalis or Corgul or the other "group" Foes which can fill up several Soulbinders, can become a Challenge and extremely time consuming....

So, what can a player Hunt that does not take too much time investment but yields a Mythical Soulbinder filled ?

Dread Pirates, are not that good of an option considering that locating them at Sea might take considerable time since their spawn is not that fast nor numerous....

Guardians at Treasure Chests only yield little Souls and Plunder Beacons take too much time to be taken down.... is there anything else that is more efficient ?

Otherwise, I do not see how players playing in Low Populated Shards or at off peak hours, might be able to get several of the Soulbinding Rewards which need hundreds upon hundreds of Mythycal Soulbinders filled to be gathered....

Comments

• Image result for you almost got me
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,353
    hundreds?  really?  I have solo'd the pirates with my tamer. I have solo'd merchants and others with my bard (video on youtube) I have done many pirates with one friend who has a mystic weaver.
    Yes, I've done others with a group, I'm lucky enough to belong to an active alliance, but I didn't rely on them to get what I wanted. In fact I have given full bottles away on the last couple of group hunts.

Each of the belt recipes needs 75k points - that's 7½ mythical bottles each. 
    all 6 recipes: (75 x 3, 150 x 2, 200 x 1) 72.5 bottles.
    Everything else is 'nice but not necessary', go for it if you've time left.
  • I have  questions about this

Over a frantic few weeks I have acquired 250 mythical soul binders, 125 mythical cargo and 800 plus cargo waiting to be turned in.

So my questions:-
    Is there going to be something really big, or useful coming up to turn all this in for?

The fellowship coins confuse me, are we going to need to acquire loads of them for the future?
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,353
    All the possible black market rewards became available on the pirate by the end of the 'rising tide' event portion. No more are likely to be added, because that section of the story is completed. All that is left is the ability to still get the drops and 'spend' them'

All the possible fellowship rewards were listed in the publish 106 notes, and are now available from the fellowship shop - they just released them in 3 phases. We're now into publish 107, so again, that portion of the story line is completed. We can still get the drops and still buy the items, but nothing new from that. 
    The only question, as far as I'm aware from my reading of publish notes, is the use of the 'mysterious fragments' and whether there will be further use for all those coins.

The only thing I can think of to do with them is to give them in batches of 8 to anyone wanting access to Blackthorn captains. - I await further info on that one.

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    sigh..I"m not going to spend much time on this explanation but , it's possible to fill 24 empty soulbinders by killing a single Dread Pirate. #endexplanation
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,955
    sigh..I"m not going to spend much time on this explanation but , it's possible to fill 24 empty soulbinders by killing a single Dread Pirate. #endexplanation
    @Garth_Grey

Are you serious ?

As I posted in this Thread here https://forum.uo.com/discussion/5280/anyone-else-not-getting-others-in-group-fill-up-their-soulbinders not even all players in a Group of players get their Soulbinders filled and the issue is SO BAD that, most of the time, only 1 or 2 players have their character fill up their SINGLE Soulbinder out of 4 players' characters in that same Group and you say that it would be possible to fill up 24 empty Soulbinders out of a single Dread Pirate ?

Excuse me ?

I"ve got zero reason to lie about it.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,955
    I"ve got zero reason to lie about it.

I never said you did, only that I am surprised since my experience in a Group of 4 is entirely different and I do not understand what we might be doing wrong that you are instead doing right in order to have your Soulbinders filled up when we don't....

All 4 characters do damage to the Dread Pirate and, yet, most time only 1 or 2 Soulbinders get filled up (one each) for 1 or 2 of the characters with the other ones remaining empty handed....

So, I would imagine, there must be something that we are doing wrong that you are doing instead right to get your Soulbinders filled up.... only, that I fail to understand what we might be doing wrong...

All I know, is that all 4 characters do have empty Soulbinders in their Main backpack, they all hit the Dread Pirate and, yet, most time only 1 or at most 2 Soulbinders get filled up with the other remaining empty handed...

More then hitting the Dread Pirate, what else could the characters do in order to earn their right to see their SOulbinder filled up ?
    You can't just "hit" the dread pirate. Put some archers on that ship, put your tamers pet on it and shoot him up and chew him up until he's dead, you'll get full binders.

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,120
    First, why cant 4 of you do Corgul? Unless they are all you.
    You must not go to Tokuno to do Dread Pirates.  Something is always a couple of screens away. I wanted to do beacons yesterday but in 4 hours I never saw one.  First I Captured the Dread Pirate to get another Orc ship.  Then started killing them for filling soulbinders.  I didn't count how many I filled but my backpacks did not have many empties. 

Unless you have someone that is calling you when Scalis is up or calling you when the ship is outside Corgul Island, Killing Dread Pirates is the fastest way to fill binders solo or with a small group.

(I dont get 25 for each pirate) 

@popps maybe you should come to a shard that does do the events in a group every day like we do on LS.  A Mythic token can get you to 90 in Taming skills and Weaving.  Then some skilling will get the Taming, Lore, and Weaving to 120 in a few days. 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • FortisFortis Posts: 410

the distribution of soulbinder is glitches has hell use a load shit of ej accounts and just do little damage to pirate with each ej account and they get like 5-6 bottles per priates.......said it multiple times but devs say the distribution system work has intended...ej is a big fiasco to this game...