A question regarding Animal form in Ninjitsu

Why is it that a Mage in Polymorph can cast spells still, but a Mage Ninja in animal form cannot.  Tales of ancient spiritual creatures able to assume human forms and still cast spells regardless of form are abound.

Reason I am asking is I like the white tiger form, but I am still a mage, to cast a spell I have to assume the human form.
Remove Trap = Bad News
for
Treasure Hunters
Drakelord#5598

Comments

• I play a cat form a lot but I just got used to the anorexic panther from polymorph. Wish they would add new shapes to that spell.
  • CadyCady Posts: 21

Because a mage in polymorph is purely aesthetic and offers only a handicap to the mage(not being able to use a mount and there are zero "bonuses" like various ninja forms have).   Polymorph is for roleplay and not turning into a rat.  Ninja forms offer more, move at mount speeds, HPR, and other stuff, I dunno, I never really played a ninja before but all the forms come with lil things like that. 

• UrgeUrge Posts: 1,209
    Tiger form is mounted speed. A dci bonus. A dci overcap. A bleed attack (which works with a mage wep) and a chance to evade all at no fail with 90 skill. 

It would be slightly OP to say the least. 
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,733
    Still the Ninja animal form is limit to weapons only, no casting of spells, and I think they should be allowed.
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,209
    Yeah I understand. You can't use specials in form either.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Ninja was nerfed to death long ago probably because dog archers were effective for PVP .....now it is useless...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • it would be nice if the animal forms themselves were separate spells, using a menu in battle is clunky and the way it works now when you're moving is way too limited.
  • Perhaps they can add special forms to polymorph or for costumes for rp puposes