Where have the niter deposits gone?

Where have the niter deposits gone? Last week I got a new and improved luck suit with 1630 luck which more than doubled my previous luck. Since then it took over 800 swings of a pickaxe before I found a niter deposit while mining from my boat in Fel north of Minoc. I got one huge and two clumsies.

I upped my luck another 1000 by using the 10th anniversary statue for pre-Fel luck of 2630.  But even after that I found no niter deposits with 300 swings of my pickaxe.

No messages, no niter ores on deck, and no niter deposits on mountain sides.

I am on Pacific.

Any one else seeing this?

Comments

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    You checked 300 different locations ? You do know that niter pops on the first dig or not at all, and to move on to the next one right ? 
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,793
    edited April 2019

I literally went from one end of that mountain range to the other end today swinging every 4 or so tiles.

Before my new suit I would get a niter deposit within 10 spots.

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,049
    Use Ilsh.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    I need fuses so I just mined Ilsh and got 1248 Saltpeter in 30 min.
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    I am in dire need of saltpete too. Thanks for the info, I know it will be helpful.

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    You checked 300 different locations ? You do know that niter pops on the first dig or not at all, and to move on to the next one right ? 
    That is only for dungeon mining, Ship mining can have a chance every swing.
    I've done the single swing and the keep swinging until the ore vein is exhausted to no avail. Even went to Ilsh and out of 200 single swings I got only 1 huge niter and that gave me only 60 saltpeters. So either something is amiss or the RNG really really hates me since last week.
    TimSt said:
    I've done the single swing and the keep swinging until the ore vein is exhausted to no avail. Even went to Ilsh and out of 200 single swings I got only 1 huge niter and that gave me only 60 saltpeters. So either something is amiss or the RNG really really hates me since last week.
    Go to bed because the RNG HATES YOU today.
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 773
    I think any dungeon has the possibility of yielding niter, no? 

I've had pretty good luck in the first level of Covetous around the Dazzled Harpies (they don't aggro). 

Also in Ilshenar, take the Spirituality moongate, follow along the mountain heading west, go into the cave that leads to the Twisted Weald. 

Grab a Mask of the Orcish Kin, pretty easy to find using vendor search, and head to the orc mines...

There are a few dire wolves and rats. But they're easy to avoid if you can't fight them. And easy to kill if you can fight.
    Bilbo said:
    That is only for dungeon mining, Ship mining can have a chance every swing.
    Ahh, this I did not know..ty.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • Thanks for staying out of covetous, I'm enjoying all the feathers and saltpeter I can carry and don't want to share.
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    Thanks for staying out of covetous, I'm enjoying all the feathers and saltpeter I can carry and don't want to share.
    Oh great, now they are gonna get our free shovels too! :(
    You need a luck Suit. You do not get Huge with luck over 1200.  Just build or buy cheaply a suit that has 150 or more on each piece. Shield sword jewels. Rub statue. Nothing is there to attack you any resist will do.

I walked from spirituality to the rats twice. Was 5 or 6 Gigantic.
    Pawain said:
    You need a luck Suit. You do not get Huge with luck over 1200.  Just build or buy cheaply a suit that has 150 or more on each piece. Shield sword jewels. Rub statue. Nothing is there to attack you any resist will do.

I walked from spirituality to the rats twice. Was 5 or 6 Gigantic.

Are you saying that I have too much luck at 1630 and that is having a negative impact on my niter mining?
    edited April 2019
    Nope thats enough. I do not know why we have different experiences.

You should be finding Gigantic and Clumsy deposits.
    Its the RNG

It all depends on how the RNG feels
  • Ezekiel_ZaneEzekiel_Zane Posts: 326
    edited April 2019
    TimSt said:

I literally went from one end of that mountain range to the other end today swinging every 4 or so tiles.

Before my new suit I would get a niter deposit within 10 spots.

Resources are in an 8x8 tile grid.  You need to move 8 tiles east, west, north or south when you relocate.  Otherwise you're attempting to mine the same resource spawn.
  • jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    I don't have a luck suit, I have 0 luck, I get a mixture of gigantic and clumsy. I just keep moving 8 steps and trying again as the previous poster said.
    edited April 2019
    @kyronix - Almost 2000 swings of a pickaxe by a miner with 100 mining and 1530 Luck mining for niter from a boat in Felucca on Pacific and I've dug up only 5 niter deposits in the past 6 days.  Is something going on with my account?
  • SuperfrogSuperfrog Posts: 96
    TimSt said:
    @ kyronix - Almost 2000 swings of a pickaxe by a miner with 100 mining and 1530 Luck mining for niter from a boat in Felucca on Pacific and I've dug up only 5 niter deposits in the past 6 days.  Is something going on with my account?
    I have always gotten less out of a boat,  Felucca Wind or the Cave near spirituality always work well for me.
  • just checked him, my miner has 296 luck - any mountain range in Ilsh will give me gigantic and clumsy - each time I go out make a stop in Minoc and buy 20 shovels, use them all and come home with 900-1200 niters every time, and I'm satisfied with that
    edited April 2019

No niter in Covetous for me.  237 swings with pick axes and no niter deposits.  Should I page a GM or just open up a bug?

Go to Ilsh and find some.  Spirituality. Mine a spot move 8 away.  Then see if you find it.
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    TimSt said:
    @ kyronix - Almost 2000 swings of a pickaxe by a miner with 100 mining and 1530 Luck mining for niter from a boat in Felucca on Pacific and I've dug up only 5 niter deposits in the past 6 days.  Is something going on with my account?
    How do you mine from a ship?? And where ??

Arron said:
    TimSt said:

The mountain range North of Minoc. It is accessible from the sea. Just move your ship up against the mountain side and dig like you would in a dungeon. But continue to dig because each swing gives you a chance for a niter deposit.  Before last week I was getting up to 3 clumsy niters from the same location.
    Pawain said:
    Go to Ilsh and find some.  Spirituality. Mine a spot move 8 away.  Then see if you find it.

I have just had success with Ilsh Spirituality and have gotten 3 gigantics. But no success with Ilsh Compassion.   Strange.
  • SuperfrogSuperfrog Posts: 96
    Arron said:
    TimSt said:

There are several good spots in Tokuno as well. On the Far East side of the map especially 
    Superfrog said:
    Arron said:
    TimSt said:

There are several good spots in Tokuno as well. On the Far East side of the map especially 
    TY for that info.
    I much rather prefer buying it from an NPC than jumping through that many hoops to dig it up.