Character unable to lock down items in house

IsmeneIsmene Posts: 1
My character, Alathea Krynn is unable to lock down or secure things inside the house. Please help.
Thank you.

Comments

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    What is you status to the house, owner/co-owner?  Is it a brand new player, sometimes it takes the system time to catch up to new chars.
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    Hey Ismene, is it one of the new homes?
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,679
    if its the new keep and you are standing in between the front steps on the ground, it won't let you lock stuff down. It doesn't consider you being inside the house, you must be on the steps to do it.

(not sure if that's your problem or not, but thought I might mention it)
  • BasaraBasara Posts: 163
    edited January 2019
    I'm having that problem on a character.

Character on account that owns/built house.
    Character has existed since March or April 2003.
    House is 17x18 or thereabouts custom (house next door was 1 square too close 10+ years ago when I built for 18x18)
    Problem has persisted for weeks, does not affect other characters on the account that I've tried, nor any of the accounts co-owned or friended to the house.

Character cannot lock down or secure in 
    a. His House
    b. The house he is co-owned to
    c,d,e,f: the 4 houses he is friended to.

He otherwise has all the other access levels one is supposed to have for each level of ownership when in those houses - he just can't lock down or secure.
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    I have a friend with the same issue as you @Basara old char as well. But he/we were thinking it was due to it being one of the new castles.
  • Very same problem, Basara. Account is from 2000. Not a custom house, not a new design, just that one character and she's been that way for a while. One difference with mine, where other characters from account have easy access (friended/co-owned) this one needs her own special invitation.