CUO Web Client Problems

so, i tired it...

once i press play and it loads the files my chrome goes nuts and takes 80-95% of CPU, i can login (most of the times not on first try) but then sound is broken and it lags like crazy.

well done OSI....

(and NO, its not my PC... i can play all new AAA games on ultra settings)
lol.JPG 13.4K

Comments

• KroDuKKroDuK Posts: 264
    edited October 14
    Keep in mind the web browser gaming is in beta.

Personally I draw a line.. pay me if u want me to break your stuff. but in 2024.. most studio gonna release their game in a beta state.. pick your battle, but yeah.. these guy doing the work for free ^^
    So rather than recognise the effort the botters went to, to set all that up - for the benefit of the players, to help get certain items, something you could never be bothered to do, you would rather drag people backwards to your neanderthal world?
    -UO official forums, brought to you by BoardSword studio
  • oh i dont blame the CUO guys.

my venting was rather an inquire for a solution as it cant be that everyone has that issue or?

just give us the damn fat client. cant be that hard to disable the scripting part. 

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,448
    Your Google Chrome has crashed, you have 9 instances of it running in the background, it is sucking your memory out. Google Chrome is prone to doing this, it is very memory intensive, especially when it crashes like that.
    It is you. :)
    Restart your pc.
  • FinleyGrantFinleyGrant Posts: 48
    edited October 14
    ill give it a try but chrom counts each tab seperate, not unusual that i run 20+ tabs
    never given me any issues
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,448
    edited October 14
    ill give it a try but chrom counts each tab seperate, not unusual that i run 20+ tabs
    never given me any issues
    Yeah fair point, but sometimes 1 of those tabs can be a crashed tab, and the user is not aware.
    You become aware, when task manager starts giving you the readings you have got.
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,785

my problem, this is as far as I get each and every time.  that a lot better then the first time.  I was able to get in using Edge, but it is REALLY REALLY slow.

Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • ArmyArmy Posts: 23
    Tbh you’re wasting your time posting issues you’re having with CUO here. The OSI devs don’t answer about the game, nevermind a client they don’t know anything about. It is being updated and maintained by the guys in this discord. They answer questions relatively fast.

https://discord.gg/classicuo-458277173208547350
  • problem can be solved by turning on graphics acceleration in Chrome System Settings
    just give us the damn fat client. 
    Amen
    So rather than recognise the effort the botters went to, to set all that up - for the benefit of the players, to help get certain items, something you could never be bothered to do, you would rather drag people backwards to your neanderthal world?
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 4,048
    No one HAS to use web client 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • I am having the same problem. There is nothing that I do that prevents the web client to lag miserably. I like the client, seems good the resizable window and extra features that took me Razor to have, but it is just unplayable lagging like that. It takes over 2 seconds for clicks to have effect. Think of a 2000-3000 ms latency...
    Everything else seems to work fine.
    And yes, I have the acceleration on.
    McDougle said:
    Mweeelll... that means no one HAS to play classic with decent resolution and hotkeys and macros and...  Only with this new client one can get all these in classic.
  • I am having the same problem. There is nothing that I do that prevents the web client to lag miserably. I like the client, seems good the resizable window and extra features that took me Razor to have, but it is just unplayable lagging like that. It takes over 2 seconds for clicks to have effect. Think of a 2000-3000 ms latency...
    Everything else seems to work fine.
    And yes, I have the acceleration on.
    McDougle said:
    Mweeelll... that means no one HAS to play classic with decent resolution and hotkeys and macros and...  Only with this new client one can get all these in classic.
    did you try setting it run as an App by doing this? 

Click the Three dots in the top righ of Chrome (i haven't tried Edge though)
    Click "Cast, Save, and Share"
    Click "Install Page As An App"

I did that and it solved multiple issues for me and it ran smoother.

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• Nah bro its you. My PC is a potato and runs it fine.
  • blankblank Posts: 2
    If your FPS is very low you might have Hardware Acceleration turned off, you should turn it on:

edited 8:46PM
    If the CUO team working for free, doing the support job even on this forum.. maybe we should give them their own little CUO web client section on forums.. to centralise stuff (not losing time as they volunteer to help)

PS: no offense to the team.. but i refuse to play UO on a web browser accessible via facebook.. to me, as a legit gamer, it's walking backward in 2024.

just in case @FinleyGrant.. this guy is a dev for the web client.. try to do that.. your come back could help.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 4,048
    I was going to suggest they took over forum maintenance..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    McDougle said:
    I was going to suggest they took over forum maintenance..
    lol, I have to admit this one had me laughing.