Can we get the ClassicUO Web Client working before NL Launch?

Comments

• KroDuKKroDuK Posts: 258
    edited October 11
    Pawain said:
    Yup you have to download assets.

I hope they are not like the ones in Jason Bourne.

You were saying UO GAME FILES.. u dishonest....
    So rather than recognise the effort the botters went to, to set all that up - for the benefit of the players, to help get certain items, something you could never be bothered to do, you would rather drag people backwards to your neanderthal world?
    -UO official forums, brought to you by BoardSword studio
  • Pawain said:
    I didn't have a lot of time (fiddled about while on lunch) but couldn't really find a macro section. could somone point it out to a blind old fart?
    I made macros and put stuff on the desk top.  When I logged out and in,  they were all gone....
    My macros stayed, but the spells i put on the desktop did not. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,727
    KroDuK said:
    Pawain said:
    Yup you have to download assets.

I hope they are not like the ones in Jason Bourne.

You were saying UO GAME FILES.. u dishonest....
    The client is running from a window.

What do you think is downloading? Diablo 4 game files?

Please comprehend what someone wrote before you reply and make a fool of yourself daily.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited October 11
    A truly lost cause.

The gifted in the land of the fools  B)
    So rather than recognise the effort the botters went to, to set all that up - for the benefit of the players, to help get certain items, something you could never be bothered to do, you would rather drag people backwards to your neanderthal world?
  • OreoglOreogl Posts: 386
    edited October 12
    Anyone try this on a tablet yet?

I messed around with it earlier, as mentioned before the sound was glitchy so i turned it off.

i appreciated the smooth transitions and extra FPS, and that you can adjust the rate.  For fun I jacked it up to 200+.  My laptop started screaming and I froze so I dialed it back down.

Still playing with the new gumps, but also liked the in game map.  

Couldn’t get the hot bar to pull up but I didn’t mess with it long enough to make sure it wasn’t user error.

• JAEnoxJAEnox Posts: 1
    Some thoughts after several hours with the new client:
    1) There needs to be a desktop version--playing in a browser window is cumbersome.
    2) The new client lacks so many basic features of the classic client, what exactly are we gaining?
    3) The new client lacks some of the most important UOAssist features especially in the agents area.
    4) Every time I loaded into the game it was a seemingly different version.  Sometimes there was a map sometimes not, sometimes my hotkeys were there sometimes they were not, etc.
  • Oreogl said:

I messed around with it earlier, as mentioned before the sound was glitchy so i turned it off.

i appreciated the smooth transitions and extra FPS, and that you can adjust the rate.  For fun I jacked it up to 200+.  My laptop started screaming and I froze so I dialed it back down.

Couldn’t get the hot bar to pull up but I didn’t mess with it long enough to make sure it wasn’t user error.

I tried it on a Fire tablet but the version of "chrome" they use is incompatible with the game. it let me download the assets but it wouldn't run, got an error. I may try my wifes ipad next. got to find it though lol

• ArmyArmy Posts: 23
    JAEnox said:
    Some thoughts after several hours with the new client:
    1) There needs to be a desktop version--playing in a browser window is cumbersome.

agreed!!

2) The new client lacks so many basic features of the classic client, what exactly are we gaining?

Huh??  

3) The new client lacks some of the most important UOAssist features especially in the agents area.

Like what?

4) Every time I loaded into the game it was a seemingly different version.  Sometimes there was a map sometimes not, sometimes my hotkeys were there sometimes they were not, etc.

agreed...it wasn't tested with retail servers EVER, it works fine on free shards.
    I'm not sure you looked through hotkeys/macros tbh
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 4,036
    We can't even keep the forum working correctly or the uo.com home page are we really supposed to have faith the team can keep this running??I think our hopes were that the classicUO people would be involved...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • rob0rob0 Posts: 8
    edited October 12
    Pawain said:
    I didn't have a lot of time (fiddled about while on lunch) but couldn't really find a macro section. could somone point it out to a blind old fart?
    I made macros and put stuff on the desk top.  When I logged out and in,  they were all gone....
    I had the same problem, it was the main bug I encountered. No macros saving after log out or close the browser window. The other major bug was the black screen when you log back in. I think they may be related but not sure 100%. I tried Chrome and MS Edge and they both had the same issues.
    rob0 said:
    Pawain said:
    I had the same problem, it was the main bug I encountered. No macros saving after log out or close the browser window. The other major bug was the black screen when you log back in. I think they may be related but not sure 100%
    @LilyGrace got the black screen bug also.
    Having played EC for many years I'd forgotten how terrible the CC can be other than some art work the EC just far superior o just don't understand the insanity of adding yet another client or the years wasted on NL or why the contest winners don't have banners yet...
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 2,080
    edited October 12
    rob0 said:
    Pawain said:
    I had the same problem, it was the main bug I encountered. No macros saving after log out or close the browser window. The other major bug was the black screen when you log back in. I think they may be related but not sure 100%. I tried Chrome and MS Edge and they both had the same issues.
    Quick question for you both. are you running as admin when you start your browser? My macros are saving and i'm not getting a black screen. My only issue is the spells not staying on the desktop and my world map wasn't working, but ithe map started working a little bit ago so i'm down to the spells.

rob0 said:
    Pawain said:
    Quick question for you both. are you running as admin when you start your browser? My macros are saving and i'm not getting a black screen. My only issue is the spells not staying on the desktop and my world map wasn't working, but ithe map started working a little bit ago so i'm down to the spells.

I wasn't using admin mode, but now that you mention it, I tried it and still had the same problems on MS Edge. I'm going to try chrome proper, and I will comment again if that solves it. Otherwise it's not looking so good.
  • rob0 said:
    rob0 said:
    Pawain said:

I wasn't using admin mode, but now that you mention it, I tried it and still had the same problems on MS Edge. I'm going to try chrome proper, and I will comment again if that solves it. Otherwise it's not looking so good.
    I only ask because i have my Chrome set to do that and i get the macro to save, they were even there when i opened Edge later. 

rob0 said:
    rob0 said:
    Pawain said:

I only ask because i have my Chrome set to do that and i get the macro to save, they were even there when i opened Edge later. 
    I tried it (Admin mode) on both Chrome and MS Edge, and neither took to saving the macros.

I also tried disabling adblock and norton safeweb, and that also didn't help.
    Got an error that it's not supported on the base install for firefox, it recommended chrome 121.

I updated chrome to the latest version and uninstalled all my browser extensions.

The only progress that I've made is I can log out via paperdoll button, and when I log back in I can manually pull the macros profile from the top icon on the right hand side.

But if I log out and close the browser and then come back in, it doesn't keep the saved macros.

It's saving my login though, and the setting on the login screen to disable music.

I'm wondering if it might help to have the ClassicUO native client installed. That might work. I just don't want to be 'caught' using unauthorized softwares.
    edited October 12
    rob0 said:
    The only progress that I've made is I can log out via paperdoll button, and when I log back in I can manually pull the macros profile from the top icon on the right hand side.

But if I log out and close the browser and then come back in, it doesn't keep the saved macros.
    It does the same thing with the classic client, if u do new macros or moving thing on the UI and hard shut your game (instead of log out/paperdoll) everything gonna be lost.
    edited October 12
    KroDuK said:
    rob0 said:

It does the same thing with the classic client, if u do new macros or moving thing on the UI and hard shut your game (instead of log out/paperdoll) everything gonna be lost.
    Yes I was logging out by the paperdoll, and then closing the browser/client. Still did not save the macros.

I did figure out, I cleaned my browser history, and enabled cookies and tracking on MS Edge, and it finally allows me to log out and close the browser while saving the macros. I guess they use trackers and cookies to save that info

But I still have the blank screen when I log in, need to open the options and click on the frame rate slider to re open the game play window, and then set up my various gumps... However not as much of a PITA as needing to set all my macros every time.
    Even if it works perfectly it doesn't work to stop the cheating it doesn't upgrade the actual cc at all it just adds something for  supposedly overwhelmed team to keep working correctly what's the point..
    edited October 12
    I wonder if @Lord_Nythrax did the switch from the CUO client to the web browser experience.  o:)

Trolling aside.. i'm curious about your opinion on what is actually happening.

@rob0 yeah, was saying at first, when u couldn't use the paperdoll it make total sense.. now u can load back your profile if your not closing the browser.. (losing the "link")

I thought the assets would be install in your UO folder and save those macros on your PC.. i'd look for those new installed files on my PC and try to fix the link between the web browser and those files; usually user right, but u fix it with the admin stuff.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,448
    edited October 13
    KroDuK said:
    I wonder if @ Lord_Nythrax did the switch from the CUO client to the web browser experience.  o:)

Trolling aside.. i'm curious about your opinion on what is actually going on.

If you are going from *** to the Web Based CUO, you are going backwards (due to extra "functionality"). It could only be worth it if absolutely everyone is doing it, to give it a certain fairness. Losing the functionality is painful to be fair.

If you are going from Classic Client, or Enhanced Client, it is a step forwards, however, there seem to be a few bugs (as mentioned), these do need to be smoothed out. Then honestly, I would open up more options. Then honestly - I would open up even more options...

The other issue, the web based browser can be a winner for a lot of players, in a lot of scenarios, but many of us like the desktop client, it works well for us.

My personal opinion is, for New Legacy, the web based CUO client can make playability quite nice for those players, and they should enforce play on that Shard.
    My other opinion is, they should let players play how they want on main Production shards.

rob0 said:
    rob0 said:
    Pawain said:

I cant tell, it says admin and user.   

Today it was bad,  I just opened 1 account, it would not save macros or desktop.  It logged in as a black screen multiple times.  I played with the profile section.  The profile would not save.  Music would sound crappy.   Wont be using it for NL launch.
    KroDuK said:

I thought the assets would be install in your UO folder and save those macros on your PC.. i'd look for those new installed files on my PC and try to fix the link between the web browser and those files; usually user right, but u fix it with the admin stuff.
    I don't think it uses the files from my UO macros folder. The fact that the strange behaviour stopped happening when I enabled tracking/cookies suggests to me that they would be saved in the metadata of the browser. But I don't want to mess with it to see, now that it's finally working.
  • OreoglOreogl Posts: 386
    Oreogl said:

I tried it on a Fire tablet but the version of "chrome" they use is incompatible with the game. it let me download the assets but it wouldn't run, got an error. I may try my wifes ipad next. got to find it though lol

You’re doing God’s work over there.  Thanks for the info.

ill try and see if I can do one of our iPads over the next couple days too and see what happens.
  • Pawain said:
    I cant tell, it says admin and user.   

Today it was bad,  I just opened 1 account, it would not save macros or desktop.  It logged in as a black screen multiple times.  I played with the profile section.  The profile would not save.  Music would sound crappy.   Wont be using it for NL launch.
    To know if it is, you will get this screen when you start it. 

I did go in and disable the ad-blocker, enabled popup, etc for that page and it appears to be saving my desktop and the map loads every  time, not to mention the macros still save.

@Oreogl still haven't found the Ipad, it's an old one so i doubt it will download a usable version of Chrome. I'll let you know though.

It ran ok on Chromebook so no windows needed 
    edited October 13
    Cookie said:
    If you are going from Orion
    Bra.. your not Nythrax... I asked him cuz he was very pump with the idea of a mainstream CUO and he has experience with it, i'm very curious about HIS opinion here..

In your case, I already get it; you lack the skill to play a mid tier game without your little fully automated wheel and refuse to put the effort required (not talented, motivated nor strong enough to be legit).. the only thing that would make you happier than botting, is if the designer ruin UO even more on the long run with OP BIS perfect suit.

Your a league of trolls player; that can't get pass the gold ranking, wich is why u prefer botting and cheating on UO.

My quote is where i stop reading you.. The dev should do the opposite of the majority of the stuff your asking, if they want to make UO great again.

PS: I can already predict the rest of your message; short sight vision & selfish, while promoting cheating.. same old.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,448
    KroDuK said:
    Cookie said:
    If you are going from Orion
    Bra.. your not Nythrax... I asked him cuz he was very pump with the idea of a mainstream CUO and he has experience with it, i'm very curious about HIS opinion here..

In your case, I already get it; you lack the skill to play a mid tier game without your little fully automated wheel and refuse to put the effort required (not talented, motivated nor strong enough to be legit).. the only thing that would make you happier than botting, is if the designer ruin UO even more on the long run with OP BIS perfect suit.

Your a league of trolls player; that can't get pass the gold ranking, wich is why u prefer botting and cheating on UO.

My quote is where i stop reading you.. The dev should do the opposite of the majority of the stuff your asking, if they want to make UO great again.

PS: I can already predict the rest of your message; short sight vision & selfish, while promoting cheating.. same old.
    One day, you may wish to progress beyond 12 years old. :)
    Cookie said:
    One day, you may wish to progress beyond 12 years old. :)