[Guide] How to raise skills with the 10-hit method

NOTE: This guide is initially intended for new or inexperienced players, but may also be useful for those with experience.

In this guide I will explain a way to raise skills by saving mana and time. I have named this system as 'The 10-hit method'.

When we want to raise a skill, there is a growth curve of optimal level increase and knowing how to take advantage of it is key.

For this factor, what we will do is to use for example a spell of the lowest skill that we fail and within that level, that is not offensive to oneself and has the lowest mana cost, I will explain with some examples and continuous.

If for example you want to raise Magery and you are going to use a spell from the third circle, you will notice that there are options such as offensive, defensive or neutral:

- Fireball

- Bless

Both share the same minimum level of skill and mana, because if we throw a fireball at each other, we will lose life and then we will have to heal ourselves somehow, but if we throw Bless at each other, this problem does not exist.

An example of Magery as a neutral:

In the example of the sixth circle where there are offensive spells, there are also neutrals to target oneself and quick use as in the example of Reveal.

Instead of launching an Explosion / Energy Bolt, we will target ourselves, Reveal.

And as a last example Necromancy, which would be applied to other magical disciplines such as Spellweaving, Mysticism, etc. the same system.

In the example of minimum skill 20, where we have Blood Oath, Corpse Skin, Evil Omen, Pain Spike and Wraith Form, what we will do is to use Wraith Form, because the others are offensive.

Once this is understood, comes the key question, when should I switch to the next spell within these higher skill requirements?

The answer is, count 10 successes in a row, if you observe that it succeeds 10 times in a row, continue with another spell of higher ability. You can take as a reference the last failure to start counting, because you will observe that it can fail after 10, 11, 12, etc. then, since it fails, you count, if it does 10 in a row, change.

An example of saving time and mana is in Chivalry, in Chivalry guides you will see that they tell you to use the Enemy of One spell from 60-70 and Holy Light from 70-90.

Recently testing, I was using Dispel Evil and I got the 10 successes in a row around 80-81, Dispel Evil is a spell of minimum skill 35 and mana 10, the next one was Enemy of One but at 81 approx, whose mana cost is 20, and in guides they say to use it from 60, there are more than 20 points of difference between one and another, this is an example of what you will find in all disciplines, do not limit yourself to the spells that the guides say, open the book and look at the minimum skill required, its mana, if it is neutral or beneficial.

In this guide I put examples of spell casting, but, although I have not checked it, I am sure it will work for other skills such as Blacksmithy, Tailoring, Tinkering, etc. in this case, they are not spells, but manufacturing, observe the required level, when you make 10 in a row, change to manufacture one of higher skill level, I am convinced that this system will also serve.

The usefulness of this method, is that you will notice that you will save mana and time compared to using higher level spells without first having made 10 successes thanks to the 'curve' of optimal growth mana, which is how I have defined to gain more skill points in less time and less mana cost.

To say, that from 60 skill in all skills in general, the speed of increase of points begins to decrease and noticeably as you advance level, but the system gradually gives you the point when they meet the requirements.

I recommend first raise the magic skills, even if you are going to be a fighter, first raise Chivalry, etc. allowing you to raise Meditation and Focus to 100, no matter, then adjust by lowering the skills that are not used, for example, if you are going to raise Magery, raise not only Meditation, but Focus too, when you go to raise for example Resisting Spells you put arrow low Focus and gradually adjust, but while you have been using that skill that gave you an extra mana.

If your character has Necromancy, I recommend Lich Form that increases +13 Mana Regeneration and summon a Wisp if you have enough Spirit Speak, in the case of a Shampire that doesn't have Spirit Speak, he will only have Necromancy, so only Lich Form.

The equipment I recommend would mainly focus on LRC (Lower Reagent Cost) 100% for those skills that require ingredients or points like Chivalry and LMC (Lower Mana Cost) 40%, additional FC (Faster Casting) 2/4 (depending on the skills because there are limitations per skill) and FCR (Faster Cast Recovery) 6 .

Personally I do not give importance to FC and FCR because the delay that I use in the macro for repetition I calculate it based on how long it takes to fill all the mana, this factor is important, because it does not consist in speed, but in continuous succession without stop, because the server from 60 onwards, reduces the rise little by little.

Regarding combat skills such as Swordsmanship, Mace Fighting, Tactics, etc. is the repetition of combat with certain creatures, up to level 50 with undead creatures in Old Haven (east of New Haven), 50-60 with Earth Elemental creatures in the mines of New Haven, 60-70 with Mummy, Zombie, Skeleton creatures in Deceit (in the first level there is a mummy spawn, serves as an ideal place to climb) and 70-120 with Gibberling in Doom. For Archery it would be in Underworld the spawn of Slim creatures to the left of Garamon.

These are an example of creatures, and any that cause skill increase will do, but in particular these are quick spawn zones according to the level that will help you to go up without moving much from the place in some of the situations, like the Gibberling in Doom or Slimes in Underworld.

Comments

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,387
    Thanks for the good article.  I use the chance for success that’s usually listed the Spellbook under the spell or, if crafting, for what you’re making in your tool’s menu.  Generally, I look for a chance of success between 45% and 75%.  Your advice about building casting skills is right on.  It’s the spell’s circle that makes the difference, not what you cast it on.

For upper level fighting skills, you might give the Painted Cave near Trinsic a try.  The Troglodytes drop a lot of bandages and some nice weapons.  Think you need to be around 80 skill wise before heading that way.
  • mismis Posts: 119
    Arnold7 said:
    Thanks for the good article.  I use the chance for success that’s usually listed the Spellbook under the spell or, if crafting, for what you’re making in your tool’s menu.  Generally, I look for a chance of success between 45% and 75%.  Your advice about building casting skills is right on.  It’s the spell’s circle that makes the difference, not what you cast it on.

For upper level fighting skills, you might give the Painted Cave near Trinsic a try.  The Troglodytes drop a lot of bandages and some nice weapons.  Think you need to be around 80 skill wise before heading that way.

@Arnold7 thank you, and also for your input, anything that can help other players, especially the new ones that join, is very useful.