Can we get Pet Bonding Gates Please

We need to have pet bonding gates if we plan on testing tamers or pretty much anything since we only have a week to test and that's how long the stress test is.  Thanks

Comments

• ZekeTerraZekeTerra Posts: 352
    @Kyronix I don't see how we can test any bosses or do spawns w/out bonded pets.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,169Dev
    The purpose of this testing phase is to simulate actual release - so trying to keep it as clean as possible. 
    You won't get the same amount of testng, specially high end bosses and spawns.  We know all about 7 day pet bonding so i don't think this will be an issue.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,969
    ZekeTerra said:
    You won't get the same amount of testng, specially high end bosses and spawns.  We know all about 7 day pet bonding so i don't think this will be an issue.
    Why care if a pet that will be wiped dies?
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    Because when they die at a boss or spawn it's pretty much over for a  tamer

There won't be a test gate the first week will you just not hunt ? This is supposed to be a test of what's going to happen..
    Not the same since this will only be open for a  week.  I'll just work on my Ranger, warrior and crafter this week.  We'll see how this will pan out when you try doing the bosses w/out tamers.
    ZekeTerra said:
    Not the same since this will only be open for a  week.  I'll just work on my Ranger, warrior and crafter this week.  We'll see how this will pan out when you try doing the bosses w/out tamers.
    So no one will try the first week ?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,679
    I like how they want to do the end game on day 1. 

I'm sure they did bosses today. 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    ok  see you at the Crimson Dragon
  • NecronomNecronom Posts: 52
    edited September 25
    Well, Zeke has touched on the reasons for having the bonding gate already so I'll see if I can add some thoughts to it. Zeke does have a point about the bosses and bonded pets, however I suppose we don't have to test that part of NL at this moment in time. Having done some of the end game bosses myself, I didn't hear about anyone having bugs with bosses in any way, such as drops and the fight itself. Unless of course the bosses were tweaked and some code was changed since the previous weekends of beta testing, in which case it sure should be tested and the only way that can be done is with tamers that have bonded pets.

As for wanting to do end game on day 1. Not gonna happen. Most of the end game bosses require a bunch of people, notably tamers with bonded pets. I doubt that a fully decked out warrior can tank the hits from some of the bosses, such as Icemancer, Crimson Dragon and especially Manticores.

How did we do tough bosses? By having tamers with really good pets, such as White Wyrm or Emberwing** among others. How do we get them? First we get books and use lures**... How do we get the books and lures? We do bosses...

Will anyone try bosses in the first week? Can it be done with just pure warriors and mages? I haven't seen it done, but I suppose it can be done? All I've seen during beta testing are tamers and bonded pets making the fights not too hard and long. Which is to say everyone for release will have at least a tamer in their characters' list. Several warriors and archers doing cross healing? I mean the bosses hit like a mack truck and it's not like production where we have other skills and such, like Bushido and Chivalry. It will take a long while to take down the bosses but I guess it can be done? Heals will be going off non-stop from mages and those with bandages. Can the mages run out of reagents and warriors out of bandages before the boss dies? It's possible.

TLDR: Were the bosses' coding changed/tweaked? No? Then it's not necessary to have bonding gates, otherwise yes we do.
    Nothing that's not going to happen the first week should happen this week how difficult is that to understand?