Classic Client crashing to desktop while dragging items in backpack... anyone else ?

poppspopps Posts: 3,996
edited September 1 in General Discussions
Recently, in the past few days, I have been experiencing frequent crashes to Desktop of the UO Classic Client when dragging items in the main backpack.

Only the UO client crashes so, I guess, it must be related to it...

Anyone else has been recently experiencing this annoying occurrance ?
Could it be because of some UO patch recently released ?

How do I get rid of it ? It is really annoying and also dangerous if it happens in dangerous places...

Comments

• KroDuKKroDuK Posts: 163
    Sound like a memory problem.
    Does your antivirus is flagging the CC?
    Personally norton is flagging the client A LOT cuz it does not have a valid numeric value (or something like that) blocking the CC when i'm trying to select a shard/character. if i don't authorise it it's closing on me.
    So rather than recognise the effort the botters went to, to set all that up - for the benefit of the players, to help get certain items, something you could never be bothered to do, you would rather drag people backwards to your neanderthal world?
    -UO official forums, brought to you by BoardSword studio
  • is this your first port of call? or did you bother to email accts or Mesanna to ask for help?

sounds like a YOU problem YOU have to solve yourself 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,996
    KroDuK said:
    Sound like a memory problem.
    Does your antivirus is flagging the CC?
    Personally norton is flagging the client A LOT cuz it does not have a valid numeric value (or something like that) blocking the CC when i'm trying to select a shard/character. if i don't authorise it it's closing on me.
    I thought about a memory issue but, why does it happen with the UO client and nothing else when, I imagine, the UO CC client should be very low on memory demand as compared to more recent and demanding applications ?

It really happens, so far, only with the UO CC client and is only a recent thing, perhaps from the last released patch.
  • What did Mesanna say when you asked her ?