New fishing ship please

Need a new fishing ship that holds unlimited fish weight or a garden shed fish locker type add on we could use on Britannia ships 

Ps notice how little I posted during shattered sails  :p
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 679
    You know I'm going to do it....

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,727
    we need ship plans for a fishing trawler added to the fishmonger quest

unlimited weight in the hold
    has one tile spot for adding a small soulforge
    and has an extra crate(tacklebox) on the deck for storage of fishing hooks and nets

it could be decorated with fishing nets drapped over the sides with lobster traps cluttering the deck. smaller in size than the orc ship but moves at the same speed.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,894

and has an extra crate(tacklebox) on the deck for storage of fishing hooks and nets

it could be decorated with fishing nets drapped over the sides with lobster traps cluttering the deck. smaller in size than the orc ship but moves at the same speed.
    Great idea! But unlimited fish weight only or great potential for abuse 
  • PenderrinPenderrin Posts: 17
    Yes, this is a great idea and needs to happen!

I would also like unlimited fish weight in my stomach, but instead of fish make it chicken.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 2,024
    McDougle said:

I mean, wouldn't the ship sink if you overloaded it anyway?
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,427
    Did you ever look through the files using 'insideuo' and see how many pieces there are to a ship?
    McDougle said:

I mean, wouldn't the ship sink if you overloaded it anyway?
    Now I'm not a fishing trawler expert but I think they are open bottom holds?
  • KroDuKKroDuK Posts: 163
    edited August 26
    If they do the infinite weight for fish..
    I want them to bring something like sea sickness to punish the abuse of people boting their pirate life.. i mean living on the sea.

Just making sure y'all touch grass and drink fresh water with real human from time to time. ;)

PS: they should also limit most of the tamer species on sea with different debuff depending on the species.. things like a mighty archer should shine on sea.. less playable mermaid and tamer stuff and more YARRR on sea, with a buff to canoner wearing a cutlass type of stuff!

For immersion wise if I ever get High Sea i'm getting a nightmare and a firesteed on the main account with an elfic mermaid on the alt account to auto "pirate" all day  :|
    So rather than recognise the effort the botters went to, to set all that up - for the benefit of the players, to help get certain items, something you could never be bothered to do, you would rather drag people backwards to your neanderthal world?
    -UO official forums, brought to you by BoardSword studio
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,633
    edited August 26
    Hopefully they take no opinions from players who do not have the high Seas expansion or have a clue about pirating.  Or someone who has no clue that using a Magery Mastery pet requires you to be attended or you'll be sailing to the next target while the pet has teled to the shore or a random pirate ship. Pets do not tele back to you.

I don't kill pirates until I board the scuttled ship.
    I use a Beetle to kill them and hold the goodies.
    The pet is used for aggroing the pirates so they don't shoot the player.  A 100 skill skree is a cheap pirating pet 
    I fire 3 cannons at once. It takes 11 shots from an Orc ship to scuttle an Orc ship.  So with 2 verbal commands 1 reload, 2 more verbal commands, a ship is scuttled.

Pirating is the easiest way to get rewards.

And I go way faster than play pimpin the NOOB.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited August 26
    Easy mode activated.. who need immersion and YAARRR when all u really need is a brainless easy rewarding grind!

You have an OP tanks aboard with a good script to get that bot money.. what about a parrot.. a mutant parrot that can compete with the phoenix power? limited tanking and more immersive than the equine sailing/boting 24/7 (sea sickness would kill your horses real fast.. they cannot puke)

Or make an army of mannequin and do like chuko liang at the battle of the red cliff river  ;)

Pawain said:
    Pirating is the easiest way to get rewards.
    So we agree if they do unlimited fish weight we need to counter balance that.. my idea was to annoyed the scripter/bots and make it more fun by making it a bit more tough and immersive!
    (a lesser tank and less easy mode; the mermaids) 
    So rather than recognise the effort the botters went to, to set all that up - for the benefit of the players, to help get certain items, something you could never be bothered to do, you would rather drag people backwards to your neanderthal world?
    Trust me no one is making a living from fishing 
    edited August 27
    Let fisherplayers have their fish.  A new ship with no cannons sounds great to me.

I do pirating, not fishing.
    No cannons is fine however we will need a large harpoon 
    McDougle said:
    That dragon cannon mounted on front would look pretty cool.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 2,024
    McDougle said:
    I thought you were already married brah. Why you need the Harpoon gun. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

lol, I have to admit this one had me cracking.. good one ^^
    Tharrr she blows!
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,727
    yes without cannons but have the spots at the back of the ship. I use my small soulforge to unravel loot from sos. And I saw a fellow fisherman yesterday that uses their forge. 

I still think it would be wonderful if you have a spot on the front for a deeded item. Why can't we get one of these figureheads as a one tile deed?

it would look cool at the front or rear of our ships and allow us to dye it with natural dyes
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 969
    edited August 29
    Do you know how long it takes to fill an orc ship 16000 stones of fish?

I use an EC macro with my 3 fishermen and it takes ages, not to mention the amount of rubbish I fish up and serpents

NO WAY can you do that without a break unless.............

Sounds to me like someone wants to hit play and come back 23hrs later and viola 

The ships storage works fine

I WOULD like to have a space to drop a soul forge etc like the large Britannian ship on an Orc ship though

I don't however like that they decay so fast
    Do you know how long it takes to fill an orc ship 16000 stones of fish?

I use an EC macro with my 3 fishermen and it takes ages, not to mention the amount of rubbish I fish up and serpents

NO WAY can you do that without a break unless.............

Sounds to me like someone wants to hit play and come back 23hrs later and viola 

The ships storage works fine

I WOULD like to have a space to drop a soul forge etc like the large Britannian ship on an Orc ship though

I don't however like that they decay so fast
    I'm on my fifth trip through the monger quest I've posted pics of Britannia ships hold before this is a real issue 

Sounds to me like someone wants to hit play and come back 23hrs later and voilà 
    amen
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,427
    Some people like to keep their ship in the water all the time and store their fish in it. 
    I prefer to keep my fish in my house and dock my ship when I'm not actively fishing. 
    Just because they use the ship for storage does not mean they acquired those fish in one mega, afk, fishing trip. 
    Have you ever tried fishing afk? I don't, I like to be there to steer around any sea serp, water ele or dolphin that gets in the way and stops the ship.
    There's a saying about people who make wild assumptions.
    edited August 31
    Have you ever tried fishing afk?
    I can assure you.. even with the worse loop.. u just need to know the good navigation line (the one going around the world)

the next day u gonna have 10-50 pearls type of stuff (depending on when it dies or IF it does)
    It's the type of line u can go like the heartwood.. and see the same names 16/7 grind.

Personally, it's more than cheating.. it's also about immersion and MMOrpg.. u need to dock sometimes and it would give a good perk to the houses next to the coast... what any serious fisher should have.

You no oil tycoon living at sea on your yatch like an hermitt  ;)
    Medieval fantasy MMOrpg
    I Don't server line do the quests I still to every port I just wonder how much cheating you must do with all this accusing everyone else

Also forget unlimited fish storage make it so the tillerman sells commodity deeds will also solve the issue 
    edited August 31
    McDougle said:
    I Don't server line do the quests I still to every port I just wonder how much cheating you must do with all this accusing everyone else
    I was not accusing you of anything.. I'm just stating facts.. what i'm seeing everyday and knows..

I did shit tons of heartwood recently and I just noticed things are just out of control.. cheater ain't even trying to hide it.. they can even drop screenshot of them or admitting heal botting on official forums  :'(

Edit: Fun story.. I was trying to communicate with one of them he move on a clock every 12min he reset (leave heartwood and come back) moving on the same pixels.. he had a lot of bags full of rejects around him.. I was like are u gonna use that?? finally the 4-5 days and tons of time trying to interact..
    I would just profit from these cheaters and drop their bags in the bin for brit cleaning points.. totally free thousand points per day.. meanwhile they got 30-29% tali equip and heartwood runics 16/7 grind

Difference between us is.. I don't have anything to defend myself/hide in term of third party cheating.. i'm on the other side of that spectrum.
    KroDuK said:
    McDougle said:
    I was not accusing you of anything.. I'm just stating facts.. what i'm seeing everyday and knows..

I did shit tons of heartwood recently and I just noticed things are just out of control.. cheater ain't even hidding trying to hide it.. they can even drop screenshot of them or admitting heal botting on official forums  :'(

Difference between us is.. I don't have anything to defend myself in term of third party cheating.
    Yet here you are ...