so new test is coming out and all other servers will be dead

2»

Comments

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,727
    I should rephrase what I wrote. There are lot of people who didn't go to test because they are busy with other things or just don't want to try it out at this time. Just because a server looks empty doesn't mean that they actually are.

Usually I start preparations for holiday parties in May. I craft 200-500 krampus hats & boots, nutcrackers, and engraving tools used on the boxes. I also make the boxes if Santa hasn't already made them. I engrave the hat and boots using armor engraving tool and embroidery tool. And I go out and get rewards from the huntmaster, so there is usually something new to add to the box. And I usually play the naughty holiday elf doing community service, who also hands out his own bag. I create a new book every year. The story has to be created and usually contains details about what has happened throughout the year. I copy the books and seal them. Most people don't realize how time consuming this process is. But in the end it is worth it because of the surprise people get when they look at what they get. And it makes me chuckle when people laugh at what I write.

When not working on holiday boxes for multiple shards, I am working on bods for the Artisan Festival. It takes 25K bank points to get the trees to get the star. Star means that everyone who drops a bulk order deed, will get a gift when the bag appears next to the elf. I love being able to help in this way. It is just time consuming and costs resources to fill them. It is worth it though. I love giving back to the community.

I try to get as much as this done before the fall content starts so I don't feel rushed later on. Afterall I am missing one of the new hue bones and I will be trying to get it for my collection. Looking forward to the holiday content.
  • manbearpigmanbearpig Posts: 11
    I do appreciate the trolls that go farmers the dirt talkers on there you know the nice rude people. But I'm telling you they spent all this money on this server because they wanted to bring in a lot of people. And when they come to the forms to check it out 2530 40% of the pop will come here to see what kind of community we have. And they see how toxic it is and it really is toxic. They're going to run the other direction. Are the new people that sign up to play the game if the servers are dead cuz everybody's playing this new server they're going to turn around and leave too. The EJs I really don't know what they can have and can't have on this new server are they allowed to have housing and everything like that hasn't been announced because it resets so they allow and you can't serve a transfer the stuff. Are they going to have regular rights like talking general chat and everything like that like a regular account because this would be a good idea for the EJs but I haven't heard anything. But a reset and server a lot of people are like yeah we don't like that you know like reset an arena and wow you still have that main server you still have your gear and everything you don't reset your character just your stats I mean I just don't get a server that resets and you lose everything. And I've talked to a lot of people and they really don't like the idea 
    The regular servers are going to be dead I really don't need seen any real pros to it. Maybe that will change I don't know. I just really think that they could have spent money and other ways. The money they spent should bring in more people lots of people mass amount of people. And I think the money they spent it was a real waste and is not going to bring in the community that they want. Why are they not going to bring in great good people because the game is toxic The people who run it the people who play it the way they treat other people. And they're still saying that I'm some other dude it's insane to me it's just cracks me up. And it's just anyone coming is going to look here and go no the people are just horrible bye. And those people are there almost always all gold farmers scripters cheaters anyways and maybe masona needs to go through there and get rid of the community the bad guys first. But she didn't 
    So don't expect great people to come if you're going to have all these horrible people here it's just going to run them off. And it was like California like look at all the homeless people out here all the trash all the pool on the streets come live in this area. Uo feels like that like hey come look at all this everything is burning around us falling apart but we want all you great people with your money to come here and play and spend all your money on this game and it's a real poo show. I just think they could have done so much more better things and they could have used the money to do so much more other things. And I hope it's not the downfall this game because they took a big risk doing this and I don't think it's going to pay off.

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,633
    edited August 22
    @manbearpig

You say you are afraid that toxic posts here will make new players leave?  I have been saying that for years.

Can you please critique the post below and tell us if it is a toxic post or a post that will bring in new players?

went then have a test weekend. no one is on live server lol . its so dead, ghost town. i dont think this is going to end well lol. 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,894
    Pawain said:
    @ manbearpig

You say you are afraid that toxic posts here will make new players leave?  I have been saying that for years.

Can you please critique the post below and tell us if it is a toxic post or a post that will bring in new players?

went then have a test weekend. no one is on live server lol . its so dead, ghost town. i dont think this is going to end well lol. 
    Toxic or truthful?  You were on test so have no clue how the normal shards were.  trust me they were empty 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • GarretGarret Posts: 148
    ....And I've talked to a lot of people and they really don't like the idea 

The regular servers are going to be dead I really don't need seen any real pros to it....

You're contradicting yourself...
      If many people don't like the idea, they will continue to play on regular servers, and all those who haven't played on retail servers or newcomers who can't get into 25-year-old mechanics quit right away.
      I was a mentor to many new players in the UO, it’s very difficult for people (newbies) to play retail - very! in the context of the fact that they need to study 25 years of content and a bunch of mechanics that not every old player understands. 
      So it turns out that you don’t have any problems, you will continue to play on retail servers with this “many” who don’t like NL, and there won’t be any newbies anyway.