so new test is coming out and all other servers will be dead

went then have a test weekend. no one is on live server lol . its so dead, ghost town. i dont think this is going to end well lol. 

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,633
    Ya you wont be able to sell those houses Idoc Guy.  What a shame.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Lord_NythraxLord_Nythrax Posts: 242
    went then have a test weekend. no one is on live server lol . its so dead, ghost town. i dont think this is going to end well lol. 
    The hail mary they squandered four years of dev resources on turned out to be a daily quest grind. We should be so lucky as to have NL pull everyone from the existing shards. More likely it dies out a couple months after launch when it stops being novel and it sinks in for everyone that the house they built on NL is getting deleted when the season ends.
    It is a summer weekend.  I heard Atlantic was pretty dead tonight.  NL is fun for many of us, believe it or conspiracy away, while we have fun.
    edited August 18
    Pawain said:
    It is a summer weekend.  I heard Atlantic was pretty dead tonight.  NL is fun for many of us, believe it or conspiracy away, while we have fun.

What makes you think I care what you do? You're a toadie who enjoys telling people how you don't need a client that runs at more than twelve frames per second, like it makes you a better person or something.
    edited August 18
    Pawain said:

What makes you think I care what you do? You're a toadie who enjoys telling people how you don't need a client that runs at more than twelve frames per second, like it makes you a better person or something.
    I guess it does.  Thanks for acknowledging it.  

You reply to me so you must care what I do.  
  • manbearpigmanbearpig Posts: 11
    idocguy quit long time ago was on his team. if u want to bet we can be 10p min tho. was me him jones uoking.
    and u know like scribbles we have teams, its was scribbles ar joe jake and others

• KroDuKKroDuK Posts: 163
    edited August 19
    NL is a novelty.. jaded players are enjoying it (wich is a good chunk of the actual UO community)

These same individual might keep playing on the new living shard; NL and come back on the sandbox collector UO for the events.

On one side u have the sandbox UO for collectors and cheaters on the other you have a new living theme park-fast food UO for jaded players.. same protein but the rest is different (a novelty that can be refresh every year.. should be a good thing but yeah.. with such small dev team and SUS decision and unable to limit the cheating on their own game more than 48 hours..)

NL main problem is; it's a niche in a niche.. a new but lesser option to the alternative, imo (other theme park fast food mmo or illegal UO server)
    You shouldn't be worry long term.. if your not worried by the events they doing on your main server.. no reason to be worried by NL.

Come back on the next bribe event (gosu shard bound heresy) and tell me how NL is doing.. NL has been design like a year long event for jaded player but it cannot compete with itself (their main event on the sandbox collector part)

You shouldn't be worried about NL killing the old server, it's only a plus/another nail.. the reason why these guy gonna come back on their old shard is one of the main reason why your UO shard is dead (and gonna stay dead), to begin with, and why NL is needed.. just a permanent bribe (year long event)
    But I have no faith in BS to sustain those year long events on NL server with quality content/changes..

NL long term should be a shit show for the most part with a few fun beginning of event/season (i'm thinking diablo 4 quality level AT BEST).

Anyway it's about time before cheaters take over NL and ruin it for the MINIORITY that do not cheat or the majority that do not PvP.

They def need to hire more hands to clean their game, fix bugs, do QoL, review some design and game mecanics, work on clients.. but it's easier to ignore all that and do bribes, like a year long event as a lesser plus for jaded subscribers.
    So rather than recognise the effort the botters went to, to set all that up - for the benefit of the players, to help get certain items, something you could never be bothered to do, you would rather drag people backwards to your neanderthal world?
    -UO official forums, brought to you by BoardSword studio
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,727
    there are people who aren't interested in NL and there are people who are like me, who won't have time for it until after the new year. Don't get me wrong, I do like testing out new content but holiday preparations are more important to me at this time.
  • TimTim Posts: 811
    You can play both
    edited August 19
    Tim said:
    You can play both
    What if she's keeping her gaming time for the halloween event while preping herself for the crafter event after that?

After that she could find time (after the new year) to play NL.. a niche to a niche  ;)
    So rather than recognise the effort the botters went to, to set all that up - for the benefit of the players, to help get certain items, something you could never be bothered to do, you would rather drag people backwards to your neanderthal world?
    Seasonal resets are a terrible idea for a game with non-instanced housing. Some people are going to avoid getting especially invested in the first place. Others are going to get invested anyway, only to be given an off-ramp toward quitting every time their meticulously decorated house gets deleted.
    edited August 19
    I get what you mean, but it's a great idea.. all those survivor game (sandboxy) on the market proves it.. the fuck is the fact those game exists.. NL is nothing more than a niche for a niche.

The worries shouldn't be NL killing your dead shard but the fact it dissolved even more the quality on the main UO for a lesser plus..

Don't look at NL if you don't play on it.. look at BS
    then could have done so much more. its like the said want can we do to make this game worst lol. the stuff i seen in this game no one else would let 1% of this fly. this game used to have 1million payed players. how many does it have now? ooo u dont want to tell us lol. u hind numbers is never good lol.
    edited August 19
    it was declining by 2005 and most server started dying by 2007 (they were adding more n more stuff to grind, felt like a second job for most gamer.. they release couple new expansion quick)

On top of ruining the PvP with more n more macros (new potion, enchanted apples, stealable, faction pot, etc)
    Like when they added alchemist build in ~2008 was the begin of the end for the good PvP

Let's agree NL is not for us.. but on paper it's a perfect solution for a major issue UO has.. fresh start server are a REALLY good thing for games like UO (I switch server on a fresh server twice, personally).. but how they did NL.. theme park fast food while failing on many aspect on their sandbox version (like let everyone cheats on illegal third party for a decade).. it's a HUGE gamble they doing here, let's agree on that.. (added work charge and dissolving the quality of their work. .since they don't have more employees and NL is a totally different beast)

NL could have been SO MUCH MORE than a lesser plus for actual subscriber!

I don't have the numbers but UO was at his peak subscriber, like 250k from memory in ~2004.. 1999-2007 UO was a solid game... it's real hard to gage the actual numbers of players on UO cuz of the japanese factor.

MY biggest fear about NL.. is when the players gonna stop going there (like a bad season/changes/etc) and BS does another SUS move like.. think about those shard bound heresy OP items.. imagine if they start giving those on NL forcing us to go on NL to "extract" those at the end of the 1 year event.. totally the type of move BS would do, to avoid a failure (bribing).. adding another incompetency nail.
  • GarretGarret Posts: 148
    Making a fake assumption, agreeing with yourself and drawing a conclusion is constructive.
  • NikonUSNikonUS Posts: 28
    idocguy quit long time ago was on his team. if u want to bet we can be 10p min tho. was me him jones uoking.

idocguy , no matter how many different accounts or names you use, we will always know that is you, you cant put a complete sentence together, your love and jealousy for scribbles,ar and others are amazing. i will cover your bet, because we all know you dont have 10p
    Don't know who you are don't care but I'm not idocguy. I was on his team and yes I used to talk mess to all you bullies. There's really not a lot of you bullies like maybe 10 or 15 of you. And you're all key board warriors. Good for you I'm glad you can see through a PC and know exactly who's playing on the account. You are so wrong and so off it's hilarious. He quit a long time ago and I still talk to him every now and then. How you call everybody idoc guy is super funny 
    It's like the boy you cried wolf
  • MariahMariah Posts: 3,136Moderator
    Can we not debate who someone is, or isn't, in game please?
    It is clear this poster has a negative view of New Legacy, posters may support that view, or disagree with it, in a constructive and respectful manner.
    If people feel unable to do that, I will lock the discussion.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,413
    edited August 21
    This was a TROLL thread to begin with so why is it being allowed when all others have been shut down??? @Mariah @Rorschach
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,894
    Expressing unpopular but true opinions should not be considered trolling 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 2,024
    Mariah said:
    Can we not debate who someone is, or isn't, in game please?
    It is clear this poster has a negative view of New Legacy, posters may support that view, or disagree with it, in a constructive and respectful manner.
    If people feel unable to do that, I will lock the discussion.
    Cat Eating Popcorn GIFs - Find  Share on GIPHY
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Be toxic like these people are. New players see this look on the forms of they want to play this game and they are just going to be pushed away immediately from this game. You want other people to play the game you want people to like the game. Don't show him your dark side on the forms. And they can see not many people respond on the forms. And then they when they see that vast majority people that are on the forms are very rude. You think they want to play with a bunch of you guys. I mean I'm just trying to be real here. Talking mess about each other stalking each other on the internet like weirdos. The average person doesn't want to be play a game and become good at it just so other people get jelly and be mad that they're better than them. The community here in this game has I don't know I don't know it's full of potheads crackheads I'm not sure fat guys who can't see their feet no more. All I know is the last 10 to 15 years yeah that long is getting a bit worse and worse. You should strive to be better in this game to bring more people into the game. The show that good people play this game. Every time I come to the forms it's a letdown. And it's not a small percent of the game either it's a huge percent. This new server was supposed to be the greatest thing that since sliced bread and save the game and bring in hundreds of thousands of people. Don't believe me ask the The people in charge. They posted this idea this new legacy server they would bring in lots and lots and lots of people. And when they see the forms like this they're just going to run away for the hills. New world of Warcraft expansion this month. A lot of other games to play. But what a community this toxic they're just going to turn around and go yeah bye. And I don't blame them. You guys did it to yourself. It don't matter what they add to the game what kind of cool features they do how much they spend on it. If the community is toxic no one wants to play with those people.
    Dude, bro, dog, seriously, paragraph breaks. Push enter a couple times after every few sentences so it's at least theoretically possible to read all this crap.
    edited August 22

We don't know when the season will begin.

Yes players will play NL when it goes live.

LS has a lot of old schoolers that will not go.

School is in session, a new season soon.

Players will return for the yearly events.
    I'm liking @Lord_Nythrax. He says writes what I would write much more eloquently.   Thank you sir.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 2,024
    holy-wall-of-text-batmanjpg  Rural Mail Talk
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• GarretGarret Posts: 148
    edited August 22
    Be toxic like these people are. New players see this look on the forms of they want to play this game and they are just going to be pushed away immediately from this game. You want other people to play the game you want people to like the game. Don't show him your dark side on the forms. And they can see not many people respond on the forms. And then they when they see that vast majority people that are on the forms are very rude. You think they want to play with a bunch of you guys. I mean I'm just trying to be real here. Talking mess about each other stalking each other on the internet like weirdos. The average person doesn't want to be play a game and become good at it just so other people get jelly and be mad that they're better than them. The community here in this game has I don't know I don't know it's full of potheads crackheads I'm not sure fat guys who can't see their feet no more. All I know is the last 10 to 15 years yeah that long is getting a bit worse and worse. You should strive to be better in this game to bring more people into the game. The show that good people play this game. Every time I come to the forms it's a letdown. And it's not a small percent of the game either it's a huge percent. This new server was supposed to be the greatest thing that since sliced bread and save the game and bring in hundreds of thousands of people. Don't believe me ask the The people in charge. They posted this idea this new legacy server they would bring in lots and lots and lots of people. And when they see the forms like this they're just going to run away for the hills. New world of Warcraft expansion this month. A lot of other games to play. But what a community this toxic they're just going to turn around and go yeah bye. And I don't blame them. You guys did it to yourself. It don't matter what they add to the game what kind of cool features they do how much they spend on it. If the community is toxic no one wants to play with those people.
      It’s not that it’s specifically in the UO community, everyone on the Internet is toxic at the moment. I am sure that one of the most toxic communities is the WOW players, a community full of eletists who do not accept a level lower than them, only Dota players are worse.
       When I came to the official Ultima servers, I thought that in 20 years the most friendly society had formed here, everyone knew each other, but apparently due to too large layers in the level of play and the age of the players, this did not happen.
       Nevertheless, Ultima is the only place where I can even find a common language with someone due to limited human resources - apparently (they give you a chance), when in WOW you would have been added to the ignore list long ago...
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,427
    @manbearpig I'm sorry your experience is so negative, I'm happy to say my experience is the total opposite. Where I play people actively help each other, work together and create a far more positive atmosphere. 
    I'm also experiencing the same 'work together and help each other' attitude on the beta test server. Having read some of your posts, including a few that were later removed, I'm afraid I have to wonder if you're getting back what you give out?
  • KingKing Posts: 37
    @manbearpig aka idocguy is well known for bashing the devs, his main purpose ingame and "forms" (Forums) is to always bring trouble, He like the chaos and we all feed him by answering his posts, he claim that we are toxic and "jelly" (Jealous) but every single post is all about Hate and how bad the game is and how bad the devs are, everyone is bad but now him... boy, if i could post here all he has done to make everyone's else game-play hard.

so please, this game been around 25+ years and we love. I am glad the game still around and TBH for those that are not happy, by all mean, just leave, go do something else, go play minecraft, roblox or wow and leave us alone!