Lyceum BOD contributions and rewards

OrtOrt Posts: 12
What exactly are the benefits or rewards for players who are not among the top BOD contributors at the Lyceum?

It appears those few players are able to select some kind of powerup for the entire shard. But why would a player feel motivated to contribute anything if they do not have enough time to compete with those top contributors?

Does the quality of the BOD affect the overall rating or is it simply the number of BODs you contribute?

Can there be some transparency with regards to who is contributing the most and how many BOD they are contributing?

More information about this system would be great. Thanks!

Comments

• PinochlePinochle Posts: 26
    Shoot, wish I had paid more attention to the other options. I selected Super Slayer - Silver subset, and was given the ability to make both Undead and Demon super slayers, along with a title. I had no idea it was going to affect anyone else. As the arms lore is not active, and it seems I can only imbue items I made as a GM crafter, the advantage is not as much as I had hoped it would be. I play a triple crafter of Carpentry, Tailoring, and Blacksmith, though I only made GM on Tailoring early Sunday, and Blacksmithing is at 60 still. I pumped a lot of filled BODs into that thing, was hoping to set it off before the shard closed for the week. I wanted an Undead Slayer crossbow for my archer.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,643
    Pinochle said:
    Shoot, wish I had paid more attention to the other options. I selected Super Slayer - Silver subset, and was given the ability to make both Undead and Demon super slayers, along with a title. I had no idea it was going to affect anyone else. As the arms lore is not active, and it seems I can only imbue items I made as a GM crafter, the advantage is not as much as I had hoped it would be. I play a triple crafter of Carpentry, Tailoring, and Blacksmith, though I only made GM on Tailoring early Sunday, and Blacksmithing is at 60 still. I pumped a lot of filled BODs into that thing, was hoping to set it off before the shard closed for the week. I wanted an Undead Slayer crossbow for my archer.
    Undead slayer is a good choice.  I mean we all wanted a silver sword of vanquishing in 97.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 2,026
    Pawain said:
    Pinochle said:
    Undead slayer is a good choice.  I mean we all wanted a silver sword of vanquishing in 97.
    I had a Supremely Accurate Silver Pickaxe of Vanquishing that I got out of a Treasure Chest lol

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,903
    There is imbuing? 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • OrtOrt Posts: 12
    If possible, I'd like to bring this topic back to my original questions. If a community leader or dev has any insight here, I'd be interested to hear more.
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 578
    edited August 13
    Pawain said:
    Pinochle said:

"An Indestructible, Supremely Accurate, Silver Katana of Vanquishing and Dragon's Breath" was the ultimate possible Undead Slayer wep back in the day. An equivalent Halberd was also godly for Swordsman with GM LJ.
    I remember once i got a Durable, Supremely Accurate, Silver Quarterstaff of Power and Clumsiness, and i used that to slaughter Liches and Lich Lords en masse. Still have 300+ Blackmoor (only LLs pre-AoS dropped Blackmoor) from that.

Only Slayers in NL Beta that i've seen so far (other than instruments), have been Artifact weapons that pack drop from bosses. Rikktor drops a named Dragon Slayer Halberd, and the Ice boss drops a named Flame Slayer Staff with 100% Cold Damage.

I thought the Congiarium would unlock the ability for new magic properties to spawn on gear in the world. Like if crafters bump it up to the next level, they can select "Force", and that would allow weapons "of Force" to drop throughout the world. Then the next stage it's bumped up, they can select "of Power", and eventually up to "of Vanquishing". I didn't realize that it would only allow specific crafters (the highest contributors) to make specific properties.
  • GarretGarret Posts: 154
    edited August 13
    The best we can come up with, in my opinion, is to give a choice not only to the three with the highest BOD number, but to divide the highest percentage of BODs passed among all participants and if the proportion that we can conditionally set is 5-10-20% of the highest value(If the contribution of the player with the largest number of BODs is, for example, 100 pieces, then people who have donated 5-10-20% of this value are allowed to vote), all of them gain access to the choice of three modifiers, the number of the largest matches in three points will be selected for this phase, this will allow those who want to participate in the BOD to feel involved and also will not allow bots to monopolize this process and not have a full understanding of how many BODs are needed in order to his accounts gained access to voting and not only for bots but for players too so they keep donating to get in to this voting.
    @Kyronix @Mesanna
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,903
    If you have to use bods on some tower will there be any left for a Christmas tree 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,190
    Pawain said:
    Pinochle said:

"An Indestructible, Supremely Accurate, Silver Katana of Vanquishing and Dragon's Breath" was the ultimate possible Undead Slayer wep back in the day. An equivalent Halberd was also godly for Swordsman with GM LJ.
    I remember once i got a Durable, Supremely Accurate, Silver Quarterstaff of Power and Clumsiness, and i used that to slaughter Liches and Lich Lords en masse. Still have 300+ Blackmoor (only LLs pre-AoS dropped Blackmoor) from that.

Only Slayers in NL Beta that i've seen so far (other than instruments), have been Artifact weapons that pack drop from bosses. Rikktor drops a named Dragon Slayer Halberd, and the Ice boss drops a named Flame Slayer Staff with 100% Cold Damage.

I thought the Congiarium would unlock the ability for new magic properties to spawn on gear in the world. Like if crafters bump it up to the next level, they can select "Force", and that would allow weapons "of Force" to drop throughout the world. Then the next stage it's bumped up, they can select "of Power", and eventually up to "of Vanquishing". I didn't realize that it would only allow specific crafters (the highest contributors) to make specific properties.

From the way it's worded, I thought the same thing too. I was not able to put a lot of BOD's in there this weekend to test it BUT:

From the wording, it says all the magical items FOUND IN THE WORLD, so I would assume the loot on all mobs would be better?

And as far as a Tree? Who's to say there will be an Artisan Festival in NL?

Let me toss this out, in the last few minutes the shard was active I took my Silver Crossbow and killed a few mummies. I am an old man, my memory and comprehension is a bit questionable, especially going back a few days to something I barely noticed and not quite sure of what I was seeing. I got about 8 pieces of armor off the mummies. They were all dark green in color. I did a bit of comparison and the best chest piece had a total to 70 resist on it (after Item ID.) That seemed better than it had been prior to the Congiariium tower being upgraded, but the shard closed before I could really think this through. The next best piece had 50 resist. I just wish there was a better way to get leather.
  • ValisValis Posts: 51
    Mages have to sacrifice something to be able to meditate. Im ok with leather being worse than plate (as it should be)
    Sorry, my random thoughts should probably be kept to myself. I was thinking of farming leather, there has got to be a better way than slaughtering cows and goats non stop.

• FogsbaneFogsbane Posts: 9
    one of the rewards seemed to have been the shardwide loot quality being bumped up a notch at the end of the weekend?

i saw the greenhued items much like Pinochle describes, on Monday morning just before the shard went down. the loot was a level above anything i had been previously gathering.

i lost a bunch of screenshot recordings, the file corrupted crashed due to running our of space, so cant compare well .

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,643
    edited August 13
    Nice so there is a loot upgrade and a crafting upgrade.

Sounds good to me.  If the person who chooses only chooses the next slayer,  what difference does it make who picks it, in a few days, all slayers will be chosen.

Too much speculation going on here.   I'll be looking for that better armor.   

Thanks @Pinochle you did not do anything wrong.  I yelled out in chat multiple times asking if players were putting BODs on the thing.  Glad one guy made it his mission. 

@Larisa expecting people to read.  :D

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.