can't start Professional Bountyhunter Quest

MrCulliferMrCullifer Posts: 11
I am returning player trying to get caught up on things. particularly, I am after the Orc Ship. so I sailed all the way out to the Sea Market to talk to Bigglesby to start the quest. as it seems, something is preventing me from starting the quest. has this happened to anyone else? or does anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,894
    You can get quest in tokuno as well try there?
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • MrCulliferMrCullifer Posts: 11
    I tried there at first and it just says something about they have nothing for me. that's more than Bigglesby does. it only opens his paperdoll when I double click him
    You can kill the dread pirate and get a death certificate start collecting them now 
    What shard are you on?
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,153
    seems to be working you said you sailed there so i assume you had boat close by what type of boat was it

I'm on Lake Superior. I did not get that option Grimbeard
    Are you using one of the newer ships ? I assume you have upgraded to High Seas? And it shouldn't matter but are you on EJ account   ?
    I just bought one at the docks. I have upgraded and I'm not sure what an EJ account is.
    @Pawain test it on ls for him
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,633
    You using this guy on LS at Tokuno?

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Wouldn't they need at least a dragon boat ? Wonder if they bought one of the old styles 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 3,136Moderator
    Just to confirm, you have purchased the High Seas booster pack?

This is a separate booster, and not the expansion Time of Legends.
    Mariah said:
    Just to confirm, you have purchased the High Seas booster pack?

This is a separate booster, and not the expansion Time of Legends.

I do indeed. I went into my orders and resubmitted the code to confirm and I had already done so.
    is there a prerequisite quest of any sort? here's a screenshot of Leif in Makoto. He has the ! point
    Pawain said:
    You using this guy on LS at Tokuno?

yeah, I actually went to him first but he said he doesn't have anything for me. then I sailed out to the Sea Market. I went back to him again after the market to get the same message.
    I just don't know
  • Community ManagerCommunity Manager Posts: 227Dev
    I just bought one at the docks. I have upgraded and I'm not sure what an EJ account is.

The boat must have the ability to have cannons on it to get the quest. It also should be a "High Seas" ship.
    Ultima Online Twitter/X - https://twitter.com/UOTownCryer
    Ultima Online Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/uotowncryer/
    Ultima Online Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/uofenneko
    E-mail: uo.fenneko@gmail.com

I suggest paging a GM, tell them that you're trying to take the quest, the npc won't give it to you and you can't work out why, can they advise please.
    Mariah said:
    I suggest paging a GM, tell them that you're trying to take the quest, the npc won't give it to you and you can't work out why, can they advise please.

how do I do that? I wanted to a few weeks ago about missing Sovereigns but couldn't figure it out
    Did you buy a Tokuno ship?  The others on that vendor can not use cannons.
    PM me and Ill Give you an Orc Ship on LS.
    Mariah said:

how do I do that? I wanted to a few weeks ago about missing Sovereigns but couldn't figure it out

contacting a GM is done through the help menu, you will probably have to use the 'other' option to reach the second page of options, then select 'other' again and explain your problem as clearly as you can.
    Mariah said:
    Mariah said:

contacting a GM is done through the help menu, you will probably have to use the 'other' option to reach the second page of options, then select 'other' again and explain your problem as clearly as you can.

Mariah said:
    Mariah said:

thank you so much
    I got the ship! thank you so much Pawain!

edited July 31
    Have fun.

Restock cannon supplies by looting the holds of ships you scuttle. 
    Pawain said:
    Have fun.

Pawain said:
    Have fun.

for sure. thanks again!
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,727
    did you by any chance have 10 quests already?
    that is the limit
    did you by any chance have 10 quests already?
    that is the limit
    He did not have a high Seas ship.