What should I be able to solo farm with my current template and suit?

StayScuftStayScuft Posts: 2
edited July 31 in General Discussions
Hey y'all, I'm new here :)  

I'm just returning after some years and feeling a bit overwhelmed. I've got a NecroMage in some decent (I think) gear. I want to get farming to make some gold because apparently I went broke before I quit playing (or quit playing because I went broke idk lol). I'm wondering what spots I *should* be able to farm with him (barring player skill, just based on the template and suit alone). I don't really have any desire to change up my template, but I was thinking of swapping Scribe for SW (although I like Scribe for the Mage benefits and for making a little gold since this is my only character). Any feedback on my suit is welcomed, too. Thanks :)  

Here's my template and suit!  

120 Mage  
120 Necro  
120 Eval  
120 SS  
120 Resist  
100 Scribe  
(120 Med in a SS, but I leech quite a bit of mana without it)  
I was never sure what to do with the extra 20 because of JoAT  

100 LRC  
40 LMC  
4 FC  
6 FCR  
70 Resists (with any combination of buffs)  
45 DCI  
143 SDI  
201 Mana  
122 Life  
23 MR  
5 HPR  
7 Casting Focus  
15 Poison Eater  
12 Cold Eater  
1006 Luck  

(also looking for a PvM guild to get back into the swing of things)
  1. Overall, is this a solid template for solo farming?3 votes
    1. Yes.
      66.67%
    2. No.
      33.33%
  2. Overall, is my suit up to par with current endgame meta?3 votes
    1. Yes.
      100.00%
    2. No.
        0.00%
  3. Should I swap Scribe for SW?3 votes
    1. Yes.
      100.00%
    2. No.
        0.00%
  4. Should I run Meditation?3 votes
    1. Yes.
      66.67%
    2. No.
      33.33%
  5. Have you told someone you love them today?3 votes
    1. Yes!
      33.33%
    2. No, but I will :)
      66.67%

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 3,138Moderator
    Went broke, or just can't see any gold in the bank? Try this, you might find you're not as poor as you think you are:

• StayScuftStayScuft Posts: 2
    Mariah said:
    Went broke, or just can't see any gold in the bank? Try this, you might find you're not as poor as you think you are:

Thanks Mariah!

Nope I definitely went broke hahaha but I did find the few mil I had after I figured out the new bank box. Thanks for the help :)
  • MariahMariah Posts: 3,138Moderator
    I'm not the one to advise you what to hunt, but another link you might find useful is this one

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,376
    edited July 31
    120 spellweaving with word of death, and gift of life are real assets when you are in heated battles   Get level three magery and spellweaving masteries.  Magery death ray coupled with wraith form and spirit speak that leeches mana really does a lot of damage to anything held in place by pets or other players.  Spellweaving level three mastery helps with focus, and provides a powerful reaper summons.  Would consider dropping scribe for spellweaving.

My guy has moderate jewels and a talisman to get 120 magery, eval and spellweaving, 100 resist, meditation, spirit speak and 80 necro.  Mostly now just uses necro for wraith form and might drop it to 60 to increase resist.  Not recommending you drop yours though.  You probably get a lot more out of it.

if you are in wraith form most of the time which leeches mana you might not need meditation.  I don’t farm much.  Use my guy mostly for events and then sell drops.  He can do up to Tutsi Wolves pretty easily.  He can do any dragon too but they take  a few minutes.

Would recommend you look at spellweaving though.  Really nice spells for anyone with lots of mana.  Good luck in the game.

Not sure how good your template is for farming, but think it is quite powerful as is.